PDA

View Full Version : Almost outed twice the other day.....a long story

JerseyGirlDonna
06-28-2012, 04:06 PM
We were expecting an appliance delivery the other day, so I stayed home. When I phoned the company, I was delighted to find out that delivery was scheduled after 3:30, leaving me a few hours to dress and go out. I wasted no time, and armed with my coupons, hit the mall. It was a great morning, bought a new dress and a few other things, until just before lunch I received a call that the delivery was moved up to 12:30! Now, I'm 20 minutes from home and if I catch every light at the right time I should just make it - of course I get caught at almost every light instead. All the while I'm thinking if I arrive home at the same time as the delivery maybe Donna can accept it. An exciting thought, but I'm not ready to face that challenge yet! Long story short - I make it home on time, change clothes and it all works out. First time almost outed.
A little later my wife calls me and says that she'll be home late. Dare I try for another shopping trip - of course! I get ready again, go out (wearing my new dress), have a great trip and even budget my time properly - I'll be home in plenty of time to leisurely change and maybe even cook dinner. As I'm about to turn onto my street, I notice that one of our friends is parked in front of my house, sitting in their car! Now I normally have a set of drab clothing in the car to change into, just for such emergency situations. I look for it, but it's not there! What to do, back to Kohl's, of course, to buy somthing I can wear into the house. I find a pair of women's jeans and polo shirt, just unisex enough to get me into the house. Just after I changed (in the car) and about to arrive home I realize I forgot that the only shoes I have with me are my heels. No problem - I walk in barefoot (quickly) and greet my friend who made a surprise visit.
Moral of the story, always check to see that you have a change of clothing!

Persephone
06-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Whew! A couple of close calls there!

Lucky your toenails weren't polished bright pink or something!

Hugs,
Persephone.

RADER
06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
This should give you membership in the Quick Change Club.
You are a lucky one for sure.
Rader

Mollyanne
06-28-2012, 07:59 PM
you know of course that your luck will run out and you will be "outed"!!!!!! Should that happen, hold your head high and go shopping!!!!!

Molly

kristinacd55
06-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Looks like you had some "whew" moments there Donna! :)

BobbieBrooks
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
OR, Be glad the Kohl,s card was not tapped out!!

BobbieB

Leslie Langford
06-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Donna, sounds as if you and "Murphy" are on a first-name basis ;).

Now, if you could just re-direct that uncanny ability to defy the odds when it comes to bad luck into picking the winning lottery numbers...:eek: :heehee: :doh:

Then again, who among us here haven't had similar experiences? What sets the "losers" apart from the "winners" in such instances is our ability to think quickly and turn a potentially awkward situation around in our favor as you did in your encounters.

Studies have shown that crossdressers as a group are more intelligent than regular folk, and I, for one, believe that to be true. We have far more acutely developed survival skills than most people because of our unique situations and corresponding aversion to being "outed" when it is not our choice. Darwinism in its purest form - survival of the fittest ;).

kimdl93
06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Great recovery. Next time, take the delivery en femme. One less situation to worry about!

Karren H
06-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I love it..... "Women's jeans saves the day".... And it just proves that jeans are not feminine? Lol.

Nicole Brown
06-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Donna,

Sounds like you had a 'near miss' sought of day.

The time will come when you will most likely just go home and accept the delivery as Donna. The time will also most likely come when you will just drive your car up to your house and go in as Donna. At least, that's how I would have done it.

I have been accepting deliveries, mail and just answering the door as Nicole for quite a few years now and I don't really care who is sitting in front of my house, when I get home I just pull the car into the garage and go do my thing. It is so nice to be a girl and not care who knows it....