PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a wig in UK?

RainyNightGirl
07-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Dear Girls

Where is the best place in the UK to buy a wig? I would so prefer to do it person (not online) to ensure it works for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the UK for good wig shops that are TG friendly?

Thanks
Natasha

Rianna Humble
07-02-2012, 03:33 PM
It partly depends in what part of the UK you find yourself. If I recommend the shop I use in Brighton, that would be no good to you if you live, for example, in Llanfairpwllgwyngylgogerychwynodrobwlllantisiliogo gogoch :heehee:

Kaz
07-02-2012, 04:22 PM
After a few mistakes with cheap places... I went to www.hothair.com... online but they do have outlets... not had a bad purchase yet... but there may be better! The hair I have in my avatar is their 'Chanelle'...

Katelyn B
07-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Despite being small, the UK *is* still quite large, if within range of Sandhurst I can't recommend Beesley Wigs enough, wonderful, understanding, and helpful staff

Stephenie S
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
OMG, sweetie. The United Kingdom? Where to shop? There must be thousands and thousands of wig shops in the UK.

Even if you meant only the island of Britain, there still must be innumerable places to buy. Go to any one, for goodness sake. Wig shops sell wigs. That's what they do. Want to buy a wig? Go to a wig shop!

RainyNightGirl
07-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Apologies ladies, I was looking for information in London and the South East, although I am often all over our fair island.

Thank you for your advice
Natasha

Rianna Humble
07-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Apologies ladies, I was looking for information in London and the South East, although I am often all over our fair island.

Well Natasha,

In that area, you certainly encompass Brighton and you would get a warm and friendly welcome at BoyGirl in Imperial Arcade just opposite Churchill Square. If you come to do your wig shopping on the first Tuesday of the month, you could follow it up with a visit to the Clare Project (http://www.clareproject.org.uk/) and join us for a meal afterwards.

reb.femme
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Dear Girls

Where is the best place in the UK to buy a wig? I would so prefer to do it person (not online) to ensure it works for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the UK for good wig shops that are TG friendly?

Thanks
Natasha

Doreen Fashions in Lea Bridge Road, Leyton in dear old Londinium town.
http://www.doreenfashions.com/

They are very CD friendly. I went with my better half and the 2 ladies in there didn't bat an eye lid.
In fact, they couldn't have done more......fantastic actually!
It was recommended to me by Rachellegsep and seriously, they are great.
Externally, it doesn't look much, but couldn't have wished for a better experience.
I bought 2 Jordin Rene while I was there.

Rebecca x

Christina..x
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I would maybe consider shopping online ? As its far more cheaper and the range of wigs u can get are better :)