PDA

View Full Version : So many threads..so little time

Thera Home
07-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Hello All
While here on this site I sometimes get overwhelmed, I try to read as many threads and responses as I can but sometimes becomes overbearing. Sometimes I just walk away but return later to read more. It like a magnet that draws me back and back again. Why is this and do any of you have the same troubles?I sometimes just want to pull the plug on this silly machine and get on with it. I believe the draw here is the closeness we have and most of us are complete strangers. I guess were a different kind of family(an electronic one, maybe?). Whatever it is Im here when my time permits.

:smashcomp

Thera

AngelaKelly<3
07-02-2012, 08:01 PM
I know what you mean, I'm on here reading about everyones interesting experiances (both horrible and wonderful) and I feel like I've found a safe place to explore things and figure this whole pink-foggy brain of mine :heehee:

I'm usually on whenever there's no risk of stray eyes falling upon my monitor lol

BobbieBrooks
07-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Also drawn like a moth to the light. Wonderful to know one can come here and be welcomed, and know you are not alone.

BobbieB

BLUE ORCHID
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Thera, Now that I'm retired I spend way too much time on this forum.

Cynthia Anne
07-02-2012, 11:58 PM
I know all about the magnet! It's sooo strong it's got me reading THIS thread and responding to it! Hugs!

Eryn
07-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I know exactly what you mean! The addiction is pretty clear when I look at that number below my avatar. :)

SweetNikki
07-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Yes i agree with you all

I seem to be on here more than anything else but with all the knowledge on here i cant help it lol

Karren H
07-03-2012, 05:24 AM
I don't have that problem...... The walk away part.... I just log on at 6am and log off at 11pm! Love mt new droid pro... I'm here... on facebook and a couple other forums..... just about every waking hour!

DAVIDA
07-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Hi, I'm Davida and I am an addict.:heehee:
I used to try and read everything when I first joined.
Now it isn't that bad. I realised that I cannot possibly read everything.
But, I am still here every morning.:D

Marlana
07-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Can't stop reading posts. Some I skim, some make me stop and think.

Marleena
07-03-2012, 07:24 AM
I know exactly what you mean! The addiction is pretty clear when I look at that number below my avatar. :)

Same here.:) I retired early so I have lots of time to interact and I love it!

I have no real TG friends and few friends at all in real life because I keep it private. All of my friends are on here.:)

Kate Simmons
07-03-2012, 07:27 AM
We just have to go about our lives and get necessary things done Hon. We come back because we care about our friends here. Many of whom we have never met but I know many folks on the Forum personally. Even the ones I have not met, however, I would be pleased to meet and once we did we would be talking like we have known one another "forever" which we more or less have really. I've learned to "widen out" a great deal since being a member here.:)

Billiebluenose1878 GG
07-03-2012, 07:29 AM
I can be bad too ..... sometimes even have a look on forum in the loo on my mobile phone ... but i can say im no way near as bad as i was on faceache and twitter .. but i no longer use those social sites ...just this and another ..xxxx

WifeofWrenchette
07-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Can't stop reading posts. Some I skim, some make me stop and think.Same here. I do a lot of reading, but not as much posting as reading and learning. It has helped my marriage immensely.

ronda
07-03-2012, 07:36 AM
yea i have the same problem i log off then come back a few min later to read more Hugs Ronda

bobbimo
07-03-2012, 07:44 AM
You hit the nail on the head Thera!
I love this site, and all the wonderful people on it.
Its just very addictive to read the adventures and dramas that we are having and its rewarding to be able to help a sister in need.
I think its just our femme side coming out.
Why am I tearing up?? I don't do that.
gotta go.. more threads to unwind.
bobbi

Beverley Sims
07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
I check the pages nearly every day and sometimes have writers block.
Some wish it was more often.:)
On other days my artistic? flair emerges and I reply to all and sundry.
One day something passes me completely and the next I find an interest in it and reply.
So you are not odd, just normal like the rest of us.

Thera Home
09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Hello All

Hope this note finds all of you in good spirits.

Well here I am again reading posts and threads. I just can't get enough of you wonderful people.:heehee:
I need you all to start becoming boring so that I can't quit coming here and get something done. My wife's giving a hard time for being on the computer all the time.:heehee:

Thera

Karren H
09-07-2012, 10:50 AM
My wife's giving a hard time for being on the computer all the time.:heehee:

Thera

There are legal solutions to that problem! :D

~Joanne~
09-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I come and go as the day passes and depends on what I have to get done. This is usually the first site I come to daily and a few other times here and there. I love all the stories and photos, both the good and the bad, and feel a bit better knowing I was never alone in this though I thought I always was.

Angela Campbell
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
After a lifetime of hiding from the world it is just nice to know you are not alone.

Tara D. Rose
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I am one of them too. When I get up in the morning, I log in here and read. When I get home from anywhere, I log in here and read almost all the new threads everyday. I then go look at other sites and personal emails, then back to here and read more. I don't post as much as used too. But whether I'm not really seen in a post here or there, I am here everyday, and know many of you quite well. When my wife and are out of town for a long day, I can't wait to get back home and log into this site first thing. I am now addicted to this site. I will be at SCC week after next, and I will sorely miss this site. Maybe I'll call my wife to log in here and read some threads to me, ..lol.

Tara D. Rose