PDA

View Full Version : ...and you are?

Diana Bain
07-02-2012, 10:33 PM
A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?

Tera
07-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Just a regular ol' CD. Don't feel like "a woman trapped in a mans body" or anything

Katrina Black
07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I dont know if i fit either of those ,,I love womens styles and how it feels to be a women ..when im dressed im Tina, Im as pretty as i can be and im happy as i've ever been ..When im Tina all dressed up and out in the world ,I dont even think about the fact that im male ,Im totally a girl for a few precious hours ,and i love how it it feels ..

NathalieX66
07-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Who cares.
Gender is obsolete, IMHO.
I do both genders .
I can't speak for others. I don't know what I am, it doesn't matter. I just go as I go.
I am happy :)

Cynthia Anne
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I think it's a fair question! I am the woman inside me! She's got more control then I do! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM
I must say that I have become confused over this in recent months. At present I just have a difficult time knowing where I am. I know that I must present male at specific times, but my mind is not always male oriented at these times. I guess this means there is a woman in there who needs expression. My confusion is what level of control is expected to be there, if any? Do any of you have this control issue? Is it even an issue, or is it a blessing. Is this what Nathalie describes?

Sorry Diana, not a simple question here, or at least no simple answer, just more questions.

Hugs, Barbara

Eryn
07-02-2012, 11:28 PM
I don't know. I have no idea what "feeling like a woman" or, for that matter, "feeling like a man" is. I feel like me. I want to express myself in certain ways that violate the social norms assigned to my body. I do that as best that I can with what I have.

sissystephanie
07-02-2012, 11:41 PM
I am ME! Yes, I am a male, but I do like to wear feminine things. However, I have no desire whatsoever to actually be a woman! Sure I have gone out in public dressed and looking exactly like a female, thanks to my dear late wife! But that is the closest I have ever been to being a woman! Now that my dear wife has passed on, I go out in public dressed enfemme but looking like the man that I am! No makeup and no wig!!

At my age and experience, I certainly know what it feels like to be a man! But I have no idea what it feels like to be a woman, and don't care!!

Brittany CD
07-03-2012, 12:27 AM
I've thought about it for some time, and I think I've concluded that I'm just a guy who dresses up and presents himself as a woman. I've never felt like I'm in the wrong body, though I sometimes joke about sharing a body with a girl

Raychel
07-03-2012, 12:35 AM
All guy here. The only woman in this house is my wife.

KellyJameson
07-03-2012, 02:08 AM
"Gender identity is measured on a continuum between female and male (Eyler & Wright, 1997). It is likely “hardwired into the brain at birth” (Rudacille, 2005)"

The difference between CD and TS is where you fall on the continuum with the TG continuum made up of any who "bend away" in identity from their biological sex toward it's opposite.

Identity is the catalyst that creates the behavior and this is predetermined by the constitution one is born with.

To "be" CD is to emulate and to emulate is a behavior that is an expression of falling halfway on the continuum between male and female ( the male with the female within ) Interchangeable movement between two poles but not comfortable with either so like a pendulum that swings back and forth balance (contentment) is found through movement.

To "be" TS is to remain in mind but not body as female because the body sex and the mind/brain sex that identity is dependant on happen at different times during fetal development so male identity is impossible to adopt but is possible to emulate albeit with effort and consequences, often destructive as self deception tends to be.

Those who are CD were partially changed from female to male in mind and those who are TS were not changed at all.

For me TS hands down, the clothes will not protect my mental health to the degree they would someone who is CD, only physical changes to my body combined with the clothes do.

noeleena
07-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi,

Im noeleena, Loch-head, Who lives in Waimate N Z who spent over 46 years in the building sector & retired , in just over a month ill be 65, im a intersexed woman , female from birth & with some male facial features , i knew what i was from age 10 & live as a normal woman whos accepted in to socity very nicely ,

A menber of many groups with a membership of over 1000 people,so pretty well known, plus world wide, not just in the trans
community

.we Jos & i have 3 grown up adults & 9 grandkids, 16 in all in our family,
I have a veired life with in our groups two i love dressing in times past. & make my own clothes & garb,

Im happy content & a woman who is strong enough to be one,

...noeleena...

Marlana
07-03-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm just me I guess. When I dress, I do tend to feel and act more femme. When in guy mode, I don't think about it unless something catches my eye(ladies clothing dept, pretty GG's, shoes, sale sign's, etc.). Uh-oh...there I go again. See ya later.

linda allen
07-03-2012, 06:42 AM
A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?
I like to "dress up" and present as a woman. I don't feel like I should have been born a woman or anything like that.

Even though I fantasize about having a woman's body at times, I still think and act like a male. I wouldn't want to give birth.

BLUE ORCHID
07-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi Diana, I've only been dressing for 65yrs. I still haven't figured it out yet.

Sweet Caroline
07-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi!
I am pushing 70 and have not lost that loving feeling of being En femme. I am not as pretty as I once was, but I still love pretty clothes that flatter my body type. I love dresses and skirts and do not try to blend. I want to be seen and engaged in conversation. Much of my dressing is here at home in the early hours. By noon I am back in male mode. Evenings out are the best times, like Cinderella I dread the stroke of Midnight. I do enjoy gatherings at "Rainbow Mountain" but much rather be out in the mainstream of life.

Kate Simmons
07-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Well, I'm absolutely, totally 100% myself Hon. What that eventually means is anyone's guess but right now it equals happiness.:battingeyelashes::)

Marleena
07-03-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm just me. Don't really care to put a label to it anymore because somebody will disagree.:) So I am a ?????

kimdl93
07-03-2012, 08:34 AM
I will sound like a broken record - but I think of gender as a broad multi-dimensional spectrum rather than polar basis. If I had to plot my location in that spectrum, it would probably be towards the TS. Or to put it another way, I'm a mix of genders but the blend includes a very significant % of feminine.

Veronica27
07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Add me to the "me" group. A man who has no desire to be a woman and no "internal woman" to get out. I just like to dress up sometimes for fun. It doesn't change who I am or how I feel about myself or my identity.

Sandra1746
07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
I have concluded that life is a continuing journey. I am genetically male but self-identify as TG (not TS) because of my mindset, habits and activities.

I subscribe to the continuum model of gender where it goes from all male (blue) to all female (pink) with shades of lavender in between. I am wandering somewhere in the middle. I modified the colors above because I like bright colors and black, white, and grey are boring.

Bottom line; I am myself.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

danielletorresani
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I would consider myself to be a CD dressing and presenting myself as a woman. I don't feel like I'm a woman trapped in a man's body, I just like to dress as a woman from time to time...

Stephanie47
07-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I truly believe each person has some degree of femininity to themselves. It may be 1% or 99%. Stephanie appears when her twin brother (the majority stakeholder in this mass of protoplasm) needs to step back and recover from the stresses of life. Stephanie takes over, and, she feels more comfortable wearing a dress, slip and heels. Both are aware of the others' existence and needs. For me it is a stress reliever. I'll take Stephanie over drugs and alcohol abuse.

Nikki A.
07-03-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't know, sometimes I feel like a man presenting as a woman, sometimes I feel like a man who lets his inner woman out. And then there are times that I feel that I'm a woman who must present as male and I dislike this feeling the most when it hits.

Alice B
07-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I am also the latter. Nothing morte and nothing less.

Lorileah
07-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

I am me. I don't fit anyone's predefined status. In my mind I feel more like they say a woman should feel. But I like being me, most the time, and that includes both of me.

Cheryl T
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Labels, labels, labels....if you want labels go to the supermarket. They have plenty on the shelves.
I'm me and that's all I care about.

Stephanie Michelle
07-03-2012, 11:05 AM
I am male. But there is a part of me that is female. That's why I dress. Not sure I can define it. Many women have stated over the years that I am very sensitive and a good listener unlike most males. I like where I am at and have no plans to change.

Michaella
07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't know. I have no idea what "feeling like a woman" or, for that matter, "feeling like a man" is. I feel like me. I want to express myself in certain ways that violate the social norms assigned to my body. I do that as best that I can with what I have.

I fully agree with Eryn. I wouldn't know what feeling like a woman is because I've never been one. I know what it feels like to be me, but I don't know if that matches with what other men feel about themselves, because I'm only me. So I guess I'm a crossdressing male who presents sometimes as what others would perceive, I hope, as a woman.

Michaella

suchacutie
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
There is definitely a piece of my mind that sees herself as a woman. It only seems logical that to find out all about this woman in my head we have to let her express herself. It is really a fascinating experience, and one that is an adventure of discovery each time Tina takes over my/our existence!

Mistybtm
07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I think it's a fair question! I am the woman inside me! She's got more control then I do! Hugs!

I agree I am the same way .

UNDERDRESSER
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Neither, just a guy, who likes the feel and idea of womens clothing. That's how it started, these days, i realize I like the "look". Female clothing has way more options for being sexy in a body displaying way, I want to primp and preen, I want to be a peacock, I want to be noticed. ( this is difficult for me, because the other side of my personality is more than a bit introverted. ) I wish women did wolf whistles. I had a teenage girl say "nice butt!" as i rode past in my bike shorts the other day, she might have been sarcastic, but i called back "thanks!" anyway.

The other day, for a "special occasion" I took the opportunity to wear a very, daring ( bright ) pair of shorts. I got a few laughing OMG's, but many more compliments, ( apparently genuine ) from the girls. It was a good day.

BiancaEstrella
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
These days I don't know. I feel strongly that it's the former, but the fact that the latter is present in my thoughts makes me wonder.

UNDERDRESSER
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I will sound like a broken record - but I think of gender as a broad multi-dimensional spectrum rather than polar basis. If I had to plot my location in that spectrum, it would probably be towards the TS. Or to put it another way, I'm a mix of genders but the blend includes a very significant % of feminine.If you mean by "multi-dimensional" that it's not just gender identity, but orientation, attraction, personality, physiology, etc, etc. Then i agree, and it can get very complex and confusing. the world is only recently coming to understand this. It's a slow process.

julia marie
07-03-2012, 03:41 PM
"Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself?"
Great question, Diana, although I do agree with other posters that there is too emphasis on labels everywhere.
I know I'm a guy, but the "feminine side" that everyone joked about years ago is real to me. Maybe the clothes make me at least think that I'm understanding a bit more about what it's like to be a woman. Maybe they change the way I view males and the world at large.
Then again, maybe I just love the clothes. Skirts are wonderfully comfy, particularly in summer. Heels help my posture. The fabrics in the tops, skirts and dresses are smooth, light and flowing. Plus the combination possibilities are endless. Those are benefits guys generally can't enjoy. And, my two pairs of wedge sandals rank right up there as favorites with my hunting boots. I like to think that I'm a guy enjoying both worlds.

Annaliese2010
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
"A simple question. Are you a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman? Or, are you a man who has a woman inside who is allowed to express herself? I am the latter. You?"

I am def w/o a doubt as are you. I am the latter, Diana. And when I express myself it is to the fullest extent. He goes 'away' somewhere and it is all ME. :battingeyelashes:

LaurenB
07-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Earlier in my life I would've answered CD only. Over the years, as I un-peel the layers obscuring my true self or maybe as I evolve, I feel more female in my core than male. But how would one really know? I don't think I can objectively observe myself and come to a conclusion about a specific label or bin. So as with most of the wise replies to this post I guess I am what I am, independent of the labels.

sometimes_miss
07-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm an otherwise typical male who was conditioned as a child to believe that I was supposed to be a girl, so I always feel like I should be dressed as one and behave as one. Despite knowing why I'm so screwed up, that doesn't make the feelings go away, as apparently some things that go on during certain stages of development become a permanent part of our personalities.

Mona
07-04-2012, 11:58 PM
A little bit of both. Sometimes I really like my male self and am content, other times I really need to be feminine.

Sophia Claire
07-05-2012, 12:12 AM

I am absolutely a woman in a man's body. Sophia is who I am, and I just pretend to be the other me.

Cari
07-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Not a simple question for me, I dont really think about it much anymore.

Usually after a long break it may feel like the inner woman is getting out;
she never really goes away but its nice to see her in the mirror once in awhile.
The man presenting as a woman thing happens when I schedule a nite; then when the day comes I just really dont feel like dressing.

I think I have traits of both genders that are there all the time.

Tasha McIntyre
07-05-2012, 12:15 AM

That's easy - I'm a CD dressing up, and sometimes presenting as female.

Tash :)

5150 Girl
07-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I am a miss asighned lipstick lesbian...

SusanLCD
07-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Which am I? I don't know. And, I have given it much thought.

But, much like Katrina, when Susan is out in the world, the enjoyment I experience far exceeds the hum-drum existence of the drab me. Shopping, interfacing with others, tending to errands, etc. are all much more enjoyable when Susan does them. I've found that's too good for me to give up.

I have always been more sensitive than the other males with whom I grew up. I don't find enjoyment in the "manly" activities that some enjoy. Yet, I don't feel that I'm a female in a man's body. It's just me in here.

Regardless whether I'm en drab or en femme, it permeates my thoughts everyday. I'm never unaware of my duplicate identity. I don't know the reason. I don't understand why. I don't know which I am. And, it's unlikely I will ever solve the puzzle.

carhill2mn
07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I am a CD dressing up and presenting as a woman.

KlaireLarnia
07-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I am a man who chooses to wear female clothes for his own reasons. Both to express who he is and for comfort reasons.

I am at the end of the day just being me and nothing more.

UNDERDRESSER
07-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm an otherwise typical male who was conditioned as a child to believe that I was supposed to be a girl, so I always feel like I should be dressed as one and behave as one. Despite knowing why I'm so screwed up, that doesn't make the feelings go away, as apparently some things that go on during certain stages of development become a permanent part of our personalities.+1 this!

I do think I got imprinted at about age 8? As that was when i had my first "erotic" daydream that I remember, and it included being "dressed" sorta, in girls clothes. That's not the whole answer I'm sure, but definitely it has it's roots, and most of it's power over me from then.

April_Ligeia
07-06-2012, 08:01 PM
I have no idea. I like makeup and nail polish, and many women's clothes. It gets confusing to really analyze it beyond that, and I question whether it's healthy or productive to do so. For me, now, anyway.

Karinsamatha
07-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I am a transsexual woman.

cassandra54
07-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I am a man who likes dressing and presenting as a woman. Passing as a woman is a passion, but I know there are limits and realities. Beyond that, I love wearing women's clothes.
I consider myself transgender in the sense that I can assume either a male or female persona without conflict and enjoy both roles. I do not feel that I am a woman trapped in a man's body, but rather I am not either very masculine or feminine, just about in the middle.

Josie M
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
The latter...and the times when I get to express as female are like having a weight taken off my shoulders...if for just a little while

Contessa
07-07-2012, 10:18 PM
I am really a gurl, I just look like a boy sometime. It may seem like a problem, but I am working on it.

I am just being me when dressed. Whether I am dressed or not I am myself(Contessa Marie H) we have the same brain. When you see me call me Contessa.

Tess

IngeInCO
07-07-2012, 10:23 PM
I like being Inge! I do know that she is part of me. So I'd say man and women inside, and more often outside

Jocelyn Quivers
07-08-2012, 11:41 AM
A man with a undeveloped, partail woman, on the inside who is trying very hard to claw her way out and might eventually succeed.

lauraabdl
07-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I've know for years that there was a girl inside. I tried desperately to be and accept the so called norms, but in the end the girl inside won. I now spend almost all of my time as a woman and only occasionly will the boy come out, that is to say I still do some work and most customers won't understand, so the boy comes out. Still I can't hardly wait to get home and change back into girl mode, it make me feel so much more of what I am supposed to be from birth. I am so much more myself when Laura is out and about.:)

Antoinette
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I won't say that I'm trapped. Just two sides of the same coin with the choice of being either side.

Pretty Nails
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
The difference between CD and TS is where you fall on the continuum with the TG continuum made up of any who "bend away" in identity from their biological sex toward it's opposite.

I call myself a crossdresser however I also consider myself transgender because I don't dress just to get my freak on and such. I've been doing this since I was about 14. I really enjoy being dressed and made up and I love long hair. Painting my nails is awesome - hence my screen name. I love lots of girl clothes but lacy, frilly, large impractical dresses and gowns also make me swoon. There is a woman inside of me and I love her. I also like the man but he still exhibits some female traits. So maybe using the continuum as a guide I may also be a bit TS as I would like to be a woman sometimes and certainly CD as I love to play dress up - even if its just girl jeans and pink t-shirt while I read or do things around the house.

Judging by the responses here there are as many types of people here as there are out in the "regular" world and as such there is no simple answer. We are all who we are and while we all have things in common we have as many things that make us unique.

The fact that we are growing in this together and learning from one another is far more important than the label we may choose or choose not to use.

I wish you all a happy day and hugs all around.

StevieTV
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I dress to blend to the situation I'm in. I feel more female than male and probably come across as an effeminate man since I don't wear a wig going grocery shopping, but do wear some make up, perfume, female pants, shoes and top.

April Lyn
07-08-2012, 03:25 PM
All woman inside here, just now waiting to make the outside match the inside.

-April

Ms Mira
07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I've never really felt that I was born in the wrong body or anything.

I have a biological male body and socialization. But with a VERY strong feminine side.

Sometimes, I think I have a male brain and a female soul... though I'm not REALLY sure what that means.

Beverley Sims
07-09-2012, 03:25 AM
I think I express the sentiments of Mira in post #61.

SallyS
07-09-2012, 06:11 AM
I'm 'trans-personality'!

My mind sees me as both male and female. My body is mostly male, apart from not being very hairy at all.

I can be female 'thinking', even when I'm in male clothes, and given the choice I'd be female most of the time. However there is still a strong male part to me, that comes out whenever a husband or father figure is needed in the house.

I know I was born male, and I'm pretty sure I'll die male. In the meantime I'll just keep enjoying the best of both worlds:)

PS. I'm happier in my female role though!

samantha11
07-09-2012, 09:24 AM
ohh just a crossdresser, i do like the buzz of wearing sexy underclothes, and maids outfit, and heels, and toenail polish, and wig, and makeup, and ohh i don't know !!??