PDA

View Full Version : New car is an unexpected CD accessory...

alter_3
07-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Hi, after driving my prior small SUV for over 15 years and wearing it out, I finally treated myself a nice sporty new European car. Surprisingly, even though I now realize my new car seems to appeal more to women, I didn't realize that when I was car shopping. I started getting that idea when several women friends commented on the car and said that they either used to have a similar car or wanted one like mine.

In any event, it wasn't until the first time I got a chance to dress up and go for a ride in my new car that I realized how awesome it is to slip behind the wheel onto those soft leather seats wearing a dress! I had never really thought that a car could add to the CD experience, and it was really a fun surprise! What a thrill, now I can't wait for my next opportunity to go for a spin en femme!

What made me wonder, what car features (style, color, options) do you think contribute most to the CD experience?

Beverley Sims
07-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Probably small bright colored compacts.
There was a thread on here some time ago about feminine cars.
I have seen the cutest GG get out of a Hino truck, she was wearing a mini skirt and all the truckies at the truck stop noticed her.
Maybe she didn't blend in.:)

jillleanne
07-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I can tell you this: Stepping over the sill plate on a Corvette is no fun in a short skirt but the legs/shoes look incredible!! The colors for both sexes are the same for diffferent reasons. Men like red, yellow, black and white to stand out in a crowd and be noticed. Women like red, yellow, black and white because they are sexy. Men like to attempt to parallel park, women like Ford's park Assist. Men like the sexy voice in GM's On Star. Women are afraid to touch the darn confusing thingy. I like my HEMI. Back here in the woods, men expect to see a guy in a red hunting jacket driving it and take notice when a blonde in a skirt steps out. lol

Cynthia Anne
07-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Give me a pink Mustang convertable and I will be happy! Hugs!

BobbieBrooks
07-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Great, now our transportation is going to be known as MAJOR BLING for us CD'ers.

BobbieB

carolinewalker_2000
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM
I like the Mazda MX5 - (indeed I have based a CD story I wrote around a "bubble-gum pink" one!)

S. Lisa Smith
07-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi, after driving my prior small SUV for over 15 years and wearing it out, I finally treated myself a nice sporty new European car. Surprisingly, even though I now realize my new car seems to appeal more to women, I didn't realize that when I was car shopping. I started getting that idea when several women friends commented on the car and said that they either used to have a similar car or wanted one like mine.

Sooo, what did you get?

Lynn Marie
07-04-2012, 08:13 AM
What made me wonder, what car features (style, color, options) do you think contribute most to the CD experience?

The feature I like the best is the lower dash AC vent. In the summer it blows right up my skirts and does wonders to cool a girl off!

UNDERDRESSER
07-04-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't own a car, but my collection of bicycles is growing steadily.

My latest bike is the first full on "race" bike I've owned in a while. It's an older "classic", and I'm spending a bit of cash on prettying it up, matching bar tape, bottle cages, seat pack etc. Next is matching jersey and shorts! I will be noticed on this thing!

Norma_CD
07-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Sooo, what did you get?

"a nice sporty new European car" that appeals to women? -- I'm going to guess MINI. I drove one myself from '04 to '12. I liked it for the sport aspect; girls thought it was "cute".

Princess Chantal
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
"a nice sporty new European car" that appeals to women? -- I'm going to guess MINI. I drove one myself from '04 to '12. I liked it for the sport aspect; girls thought it was "cute".

I had guesses of it being a Fiat 500 or a VW Beetle. We had rented a Fiat 500 in Charlottetown, but never had the crossdressing thoughts while cruising in it.

Rachel Morley
07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I like the Mazda MX5 -(indeed I have based a CD story I wrote around a "bubble-gum pink" one!)
That's what I own ... a Mazda Miata MX5 ... except mine is white.

That's hard to say as I think it's different for each person, but for me, I guess it would need to be a smaller cute looking car and I completely agree with Princess Chantal ... a Fiat 500 (especially the earlier ones) or a newer VW Beetle (with the flower that's on the dash) (http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-42-17454339.jpg?size=67&uid=95b37970-8424-461f-8f86-827242059fb8) is cute and quite girly ... and of course my own car a Miata! :D

Eryn
07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
...I think it's different for each person, but for me, I guess it would need to be a smaller cute looking car and I completely agree with Princess Chantal ... a Fiat 500 (especially the earlier ones) or a newer VW Beetle (with the flower that's on the dash) (http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-42-17454339.jpg?size=67&uid=95b37970-8424-461f-8f86-827242059fb8) is cute and quite girly ... and of course my own car a Miata! :D

Unfortunately, VW has deleted the "blumenvasen" from the latest generation Beetle, in an attempt to make it appeal more to males. :( During its run from 1999 to 2010, 75% of New Beetle buyers were female.

We're in the market for a new car so these considerations have gone through my head. Unfortunately, practicality also lives there so there are some fixed criteria: it has to be small, reliable, seat four comfortably with good headroom, and get good mileage. That pretty much narrows the field to vehicles like the Honda Fit and Kia Soul. I wonder which of those is more femme?

reb.femme
07-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi, after driving my prior small SUV for over 15 years and wearing it out, I finally treated myself a nice sporty new European car

It can't be a British car, we don't make any worthy of the description, "nice sporty....car". Can't abide that Eur......word either! :heehee:

Rebecca x

alter_3
07-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I found this link (http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=4f81b0d7-7d74-4f32-b901-01ec0987e21d) which shows new car buying habits according to gender. My car is the smaller Volvo crossover.

giuseppina
07-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Mine is an early Jetta TDI (4.5L/100km, manual transmission). Not very girly, but it does the job without burning much fuel and without hybrid technology. I tend to drive a car until something major needs fixing, like a gearbox, engine or body failure due to rust.

A diesel Golf may be ouside your price range, Eryn, but they get a good rating from Consumers Reports. If you go this route, I suggest you go for a fully manual transmission or a torque converter automatic until the DSG has proven itself, or about 5-7 years on the market. There are a few simple tricks to making the turbocharger last the life of the engine.

Eryn
07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
A diesel Golf may be ouside your price range, Eryn, but they get a good rating from Consumers Reports. If you go this route, I suggest you go for a fully manual transmission or a torque converter automatic until the DSG has proven itself, or about 5-7 years on the market. There are a few simple tricks to making the turbocharger last the life of the engine.

I like the idea of the TDI, but the reliability just isn't there. I dropped VW from my list when they had a problem with defective coil packs. Audi used the exact same parts and voluntarily recalled all cars to install redesigned coils. VW replaced the coil only if it failed (at the risk of oil dilution and catalytic converter damage) and they would only replace the particular coil that failed, leaving three unreliable ones in the vehicle. Any coil that managed to make it past the warranty period before failing cost the VW owner $$$ to replace.

I know, Diesels don't have coil packs, but VW's cavalier treatment of their customers still bothers me.

sometimes_miss
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Vanity mirror on the driver's sun visor!
Car, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy a pink one, but a light pastel blue, yellow or teal would be passable for a guy to drive (the Gulf/John Wyer Porsche racers were pale blue with a 'lovely' orange stripe!).

RiverdanceGirl
07-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I'd guess a FIAT 500 too. But they really are pretty cool city cars. My neighbour's son owns one and he let me sit in it and have a look around. It is one sweet ride. The seats are a bit small but he's a shorter guy so it's okay. My car is a 2003 Chevy Cavalier (that I've really looked after so it looks like it just came out of the factory). It's a kind of metallic berry colour, which is maybe a bit feminine.

RileyEvans
07-05-2012, 12:25 AM
I have a MINI and never thought about the girl car aspect of it when I bought it, but have had some guys call it a girl car, I just bought it for the size, gas mileage, and handling. Its funny when those same guys rode in it while I was driving "quickly" the MINI suddenly became super cool.

erickka
07-05-2012, 05:26 AM
The feature I like the best is the lower dash AC vent. In the summer it blows right up my skirts and does wonders to cool a girl off!

The last car I owned that had this was a 1972 Chevy Impala. I do think that ( low dash vents) would be in order for these 105+ degree days we've been having!