PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever purged crossdressers.com?

Frédérique
07-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I was wondering if any of us have ever purged this site, good old crossdressers.com, in an effort to get away from the crossdressing “community?” I mean purge the site, skip the discussions, abandon your friends, remove the avatars and profile images, and slip away, yet continue to crossdress – no purging of clothing, makeup, wigs, or accessories, JUST this site...

I’ve done it (so far) four times, I think. No grand pronouncements like “I’m LEAVING!” no tearful goodbyes like “You won’t have Freddy to kick around any more...” and no hidden hints within PM’s like “I’ll be away for a while...” but I have left at least four times. When I return I simply do a little posting as if nothing has happened, because, in the great scheme of things, nothing HAS happened, has it? Consequently, there will be no “I’M BACK!” re-introductions, or posts that begin, “I couldn’t keep away after all...” but it’s easy to re-insert oneself if nobody knows you’re gone in the first place...
:doh:

I recently left for two weeks. Two weeks, no posting. I would check in from time to time as a lurker, but I didn’t participate in any way. As time went on I drifted away more and more. Not one post. Not even an idea for a thread. Nothing. My laptop sat in the dark, wondering if I was OK. I would mention this willful withdrawal in my diary: “Nothing done @ CD.com today,” I would write, and I was increasingly happy about that. Finally, one fine HOT day, I took this site off of my favorites list, along with its position at the top of my “most visited sites” drop-down list. Of course, it only takes a second to re-type crossdressers.com in the little box at the top of my browser, but the removal itself was significant – am I going to stay away this time?

I woke up the next day and, as a “Why not?” afterthought, took a quick look at the site. One of my friends had just returned from her own time in the wilderness, and her reassuring words started the machinery going in my head. After a day of thinking I had a new thread to write and submit, which I did, and at present I’m slowly getting up to speed in terms of posting and/or writing about crossdressing. I’m still a bit rusty, or tender, depending how you look at it. I don’t know why this happens, but sometimes I leave, and I’m conscious of the fact that I’m leaving. Most likely I will be returning, for we can’t actually leave, so I just let things run their natural course and not dwell on it...

Nothing specific triggers these unplanned retreats, except maybe a need to get away from time to time. I do just as much crossdressing when I’m NOT here, perhaps more; in fact I revert to that blessed state before CD discussion forums like this one came along. Back then, every adventure was a secret pleasure, whereas nowadays every crossdressing foray into the RW is a potential story, perhaps a nudge in the form of support for someone. However, being here and NOT being here are the same space, or the same thing. Sometimes silence can be deafening. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – a kind word goes a long way, and I appreciate all the kind words I have received here. I think that’s what brings me back from the void – feelings of obligation or guilt...

So, have you ever purged this site, out of sight, out of mind, and off of your device of choice? :thinking:

suzy1
07-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I will only purge this site if members continue to post horrendously long threads.

Suzy’s sense of humour is working overtime today, Sorry Freddy.:)

Hugs:love:

Crissy Kay
07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
No, I will log off once in a while, if I want to take a break from the forum.

Stephanie47
07-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't believe I will ever stopped visiting this site. It is my only connection to other cross dressers. It is akin to persons who reside in North Korea or Communist China. It's a thirst for communicating with others of a similar thinking. I want to know what it is like for others, even though some times it may not be pleasant circumstances. As an in-home cross dresser I have no physical contact with the outside world. I want to know what it is like for others. Even if the thread is akin to sitting in a bar, a cross dressers' bar, listening to problems, it is refreshing to know that I am not alone. I cannot purge the outside world.

Cynthia Anne
07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
The thought has risen a couple ot times! But then Freddy writes somthing new and I'm stuck here again!:heehee:
btw; Welcome back!:hugs:

Marleena
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Nope..but there are days I've thought of it Freddy. Sometimes I post a repy that gets over analyzed or taken the wrong way (or maybe I just don't word it exact enough). Or sometimes the OP words things wrong and I have to keep trying to understand where things are going and adding more replies as the facts come out. Then there are the argumentive threads and sad threads.. and the he-man alpha male sex tales, and on and on.

I think our moods come into play sometimes. Some days I just don't feel like explaining my POV or getting involved.

suzy1
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Nope..but there are days I've thought of it Freddy. Sometimes I post a repy that gets over analyzed or taken the wrong way (or maybe I just don't word it exact enough). Or sometimes the OP words things wrong and I have to keep trying to understand where things are going and adding more replies as the facts come out. Then there are the argumentive threads and sad threads.. and the he-man alpha male sex tales, and on and on.

I think our moods come into play sometimes. Some days I just don't feel like explaining my POV or getting involved.

I know what you meen Marleena and I can give you a couple of things to try that work for me.
One, a thick skin and two, a wicked sense of humour.

Just thought of another one. You and many others like you here are really nice and that’s why I won’t be going away.

I’m I going soft?:eek:

Marleena
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I know what you meen Marleena and I can give you a couple of things to try that work for me.
One, a thick skin and two, a wicked sense of humour.

Just thought of another one. You and many others like you here are really nice and that’s why I won’t be going away.

I’m I going soft?:eek:

Maybe you are going soft?:) NAH..

My sense of humor is okay Suzy but a bit "off" at times.:D My post count might tell the story...possibly burning myself out. I'm a people person though and that won't change.

Kate Simmons
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
As much as I have been tempted to over the years since joining, I never have. Mostly because I've met some good friends here but due to the wish of some of them to remain somewhat anonymous despite the invitations to correspond to speak on the phone. Put simply, I care about my friends and want to know how they are doing. I doubt I will ever delete the Forum even though some of my friends have left and never returned.:)

Veronica27
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
The first forum I found was called "Crossdressers Discussion Forum" or CDDF hosted by a German site called Parsimony. It was closed down along with most of their other forums for political reasons having to do with new regulations from the European Union. I searched for a new home and found this site. After about three years of occasional posting, I started a thread about Virginia Prince and the origins of the term transgender which she has received credit for coining. I did this after there had been a number of threads debating the use and meaning of TG. My post was mostly informational, and non-confrontational, but it led to one of the most vicious series of attacks back and forth that I have encountered.

I continued to check in and post a few replies for several months, but the experience led to some very nice online friendships, one of whom decided to start a new forum on another server because of the disagreements being encountered here. I joined her group, and stopped coming here in the summer of 2009. That forum became very active for a couple of years, but late last year the activity level started to drop off, and I began checking back here once in a while to see what was going down. My first reply after returning came in late 2011.

I didn't purge in the sense of removing everything from my computer, or closing my account, but I ignored it for over two years. There have been plenty of times when I have given thought to leaving any of the forums I have joined, because I begin to resent the time I am "wasting" instead of getting on with my life, but something keeps pulling me back. I did actually announce that I was leaving one forum for a while, and ignored it for a time, but I didn't stay away as long as I had planned. I made the mistake of looking in to see how it was going, and there was a topic that I couldn't resist responding to.

Veronica

mbmeen12
07-04-2012, 01:51 PM
So, have you ever purged this site, out
of sight, out of mind, and off of your device of choice?

Not this site, but there was a date site I couldn't run fast enough. But even on that site, I met a CD friend for life Chardonnay Merlot... Whom I turned on to this great site. Frederique I enjoy your well written posts. Happy 4th of July :gh:

Eryn
07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Nope, never felt the need. I have made some very good friends here. I really don't perceive all that much strife here but then again I'm OK with people having opinions that are different from my own. I'm always careful about using the word "you" in discussions, because it indicates that I might have changed the focus from the ideas being discussed to the people doing the discussing and that is seldom a good thing.

reb.femme
07-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Sometimes silence can be deafening. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – a kind word goes a long way, and I appreciate all the kind words I have received here. I think that’s what brings me back from the void – feelings of obligation or guilt...

So, have you ever purged this site, out of sight, out of mind, and off of your device of choice? :thinking:

Hi Freddy,

I haven't been on long enough to make a minor abstinence capable of being labelled "a purge". The only thing I've purged is me after a dodgy kebab. Something of a great British tradition. :)

Somewhat off message here, but, happy Independence Day, if you celebrate? However, I can never forgive that waste of Tea in Boston. In Britain, that's a hanging offence. :devil:

Rebecca x (tea lover)

Frédérique
07-04-2012, 03:15 PM
You KNOW I’m grasping for straws (for topics) when I’m writing about my relationship to this site! :doh:

I will only purge this site if members continue to post horrendously long threads.

Good one!!! THAT made me laugh... :heehee: Whenever I feel I’m taking things too seriously I think about you, Suzy... :)

Nope..but there are days I've thought of it Freddy. Sometimes I post a reply that gets over analyzed or taken the wrong way (or maybe I just don't word it exact enough).

Hmmm... You know, that very thing happened to me not too long ago. I get the feeling that, for some people, you can never word things exactly enough; at least they won’t admit that you have, for reasons known only to themselves. Despite this, I carry on...

Somewhat off message here, but, happy Independence Day, if you celebrate? However, I can never forgive that waste of Tea in Boston. In Britain, that's a hanging offence.

I “celebrate” Independence Day by avoiding the obnoxious neighbors who touch off firecrackers from dawn until midnight – I really dislike loud, unexpected noises, and this dates back to a VERY noisy 4th of July parade I endured when I was a small boy. Of course, I love LOUD rock concerts, but, in that case, I’m expecting loud sounds in the form of music, however atonal they may be...

As I told you, I used to live very near Boston, MA, and they have a “Tea Party Museum” there, even though the city doesn’t look anything like it did in the 18th century – most of the bays have been filled in, so the replica of the Tea Party Ship, along with its location, is an approximation. BTW, Bunker Hill Day is a local holiday in Boston – the countless politicians get the day off, even though the battle was a loss for the colonists. Go figure...
:idontknow:

PS - This would be an excellent day to crossdress, since everyone is distracted, but it’s 104° in the shade! :eek:

RebeccaLynne
07-04-2012, 03:47 PM
PS - This would be an excellent day to crossdress, since everyone is distracted, but it’s 104° in the shade! :eek:

Here in SoCal we're enjoying the marine layer our weatherpersons have dubbed "June gloom"; probably 70 degrees, perfect crossdressing weather! So of course I've availed myself of the opportunity...

As to the thread topic, I've purged neither clothing nor this site... I throw clothing away only when it's worn-out, and I've yet to see every thread generated or posting made which could conceivably occur; therefore until I've seen everything , how can I possibly leave?

Wildaboutheels
07-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Um, no but it has nothing to do with my time spent here or the any of the participants here.

I have yet to see one post at this site from anyone [seemingly] trying their best to make themselves look like a fool or idiot with their posts. Something all too common at other Forums I have participated in. I want to believe that all those "quacks" are simply bored teenagers trying their best to annoy people but sadly I think they are merely good examples of yer everday "run of the mill" Forum addict.

This site has a ton of very sharp individuals IMO. I often wonder if many here realize that and just how WELL these Forums are maintained and run.

ArleneRaquel
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
During late 2009 I was ill and didn't post here as often as I usually do, but this was not a purge. I love this site.

DMichele
07-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Since I discovered this forum (I believe ~2002) I do not recall 'purging' CD.com. In the past I only obsereved (some refer this to lurking). Today, I visit this site daily and several times a day on weekends.

Occasionlly I do get turned off by excessive sarcasm, and as a result cutback my visits. But all-in-all I enjoy this site.

weekend woman
07-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Been there, done that, now I'm back. Stayed away for a year,and cleaned out my profile and deleted my avatar.

Kaz
07-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Freddie, I went camping in the Isle of Man for 10 days... (nearly two weeks).. no laptop, rain, mud, leaking tent... blissfull experience! Was I purging the site..? Hell no! I was just 'away'... 'en vacance'... living another life...

But have I thought of leaving the site for a while.. yes indeed! We all need breaks and stuff, but if it is in your blood you come back... I sometimes wonder about us lot and the Eagles' Hotel California... we all know the line... "you can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave"...

GinaMarie
07-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I've thought of it a few times, primarily due to the risk of giving away who I really am. It would most likely be indefinite, so I can return when the time is right. Besides, I've only been here more than a month, and what else would make me stay away from here longer than two weeks? That's right, my brother and his GF. Unless I can set up my computer so neither sees what I'm doing browsing this site.

sometimes_miss
07-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I haven't ever left entirely; but I have taken time off due to frustration when I have my posts deleted, censored, or edited to change what I wanted to say. I would understand if I was targeting someone, but I don't do that. But it does bother me a bit when I write something to keep people in reality, rather than allowing the 'pink fog' to take over, for while I understand that while they want this forum to be a comfortable place for guys to come to and feel accepted, I think it's important to remember that the rest of the world isn't always a friendly place for those of us square pegs who don't 'fit in' to the round holes.

KateSpade83
07-04-2012, 07:43 PM
In Feb 2009 I had a full blown paranoid episode and thought I could quit crossdressing. Almost did the unthinkable - getting myself permanently banned from this site on purpose. Then I must have rethought that over as I renamed my bookmark of this site as: Modded Anticrossdressers.com. So maybe I thought I should post on this forum to get us crossdressers to quit. Didn't work out that way.

Cari
07-04-2012, 11:56 PM
I take breaks and set all the profiles to private ect.
But the only profiles I have purged were sites that went in directions I wasnt comfortable with.

There are a few Im thinking of changing just because the member since date gives away my age :-)