PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a GG to have discussion about FEMME name

Lady Panda
07-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I need some advice.....My So Just came out into acceptance of themself in Oct. and was finally trusting in me enough to dress and have me to enjoy them in crossdress in January for the first time ...Yaaay!!!!!!.....I see that many crossdressers have femme names... I wonder If my So has a femmme name ....What advice I am seeking is how do I broach that subject w/o it being totally awkward???? Any Advice would be surely appreciated. I am tottaly accepting and and totally supportive. I am so glad my SO is no longer in pain of denying of who they are. Please help.

whowhatwhen
07-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Hey baby... what's yoooourrrrr name?
Say it in a really cheesy voice.

Barbara Ella
07-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Just ask him. I came into my acceptance last September. Did not take a name until sometime in March.

Approach him like...I know this is still new, but have you begun to think about a name for yourself, or is it still too early.

If you can talk to your SO about clothes selection, the name wont be any more awkward.

Barbara

nvlady
07-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Ask him to dress for you, and once he's dressed ask her what her name is.

Kaz
07-04-2012, 06:34 PM
He may have a name already... he may not... Just ask... and explore... I find having a name so helpful. I can refer to 'Kaz' knowing exactly what I am talking about and although this is an integral part of me and not some strange 'split personality', I find that it helps me to focus on this so much better. 'It'/she... has a name and has substance.

If 'she' hasn't got a name... I would encourage you to work with him/her to develop one... it will help you both understand what is going on... it also gives you both a reference point for discussion.

Kate Simmons
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
All of my previous names more or less came to me from the "blue" and seemed to fit at the time of choosing them. My name changes periodically to reflect my own evolution as a person.:)

BiancaEstrella
07-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Approach him like...I know this is still new, but have you begun to think about a name for yourself, or is it still too early.

Perfect advice.

I would add, while this conversation takes place, sort out the proper gender pronouns early too. Some don't mind/notice/care but since I occasionally venture out into public, I prefer to be called what I'm presenting as.

sometimes_miss
07-04-2012, 07:05 PM
He may not have picked one. But just ask, OR ask if you can pick one for him, and make it pretty, not something that would make people think of an ugly or old person. When in doubt, pick a celebrity name of someone really beautiful.

BRANDYJ
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
If your SO is in love with you and cares about your feelings and thoughts, my suggestion is to give her a name that you like. In my past 2 long term relations and my present SO, they were the ones to give me a name. I think each one, other then the first, did not like the name I had perhaps due to the connection to my previous wives. Either that, or they just did not think the name fit or they did not like it. So without me asking them to give me a new name, they gave me a name of their choice. It made me feel closer and always made me feel more loved and accepted. If she does not like the name, she may tell you what name she is either using or one that she likes. From there you can agree on a name since the door is open.

Babeba
07-04-2012, 07:12 PM
If you want for it to be a going out name, something that is age-appropriate. 'Nevaeh' or some other modern fad name probably won't fit an adult today. Try looking for a name that is close to their boy name maybe? Or look online for the most popular names of their birth year?

Rachel Morley
07-04-2012, 08:24 PM
If you want for it to be a going out name, something that is age-appropriate. 'Nevaeh' or some other modern fad name probably won't fit an adult today. Try looking for a name that is close to their boy name maybe? Or look online for the most popular names of their birth year?

Good advise from Babeba ... in my first few years when I was only online or dressing at home I was called "Angel Darling" .... but as I began to go out and develop that wasn't going to work in the real world and that's when I became Rachel Morley. My wife Marla helped me pick my name. My point is, it all depends where you are going with this, but whatever you decide now can always be changed later.

whowhatwhen
07-04-2012, 08:49 PM

I'm going to be the one here to disagree and be a wet blanket in general.
Why not try a fun, interesting, or unique name?

It's not often you get to choose your own name and if anyone is going to treat you like sh*t because of your name then they aren't worth the time of day regardless.

I'll rip off Phoebe from Friends now:
<---- Princess Consuela Banannahammock

teri222
07-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Hay, just ask...."do you have a femm name" If not lets pick one...

Cheryl T
07-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Just ask!!!!!
She's come out to you...just be open.

suchacutie
07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I would add a bit of a wrinkle here: I would ask if she has a name she's happy with!

This way, if she is, then she'll tell you. If not, you might then talk about maybe each making two lists of names that each of you like and see if there are overlaps!

But do have fun with it!