PDA

View Full Version : does it get old

lori m crawford
07-04-2012, 05:59 PM
we all talk about dressing on things going out an some one seeing you or some seeing you with you nales or toes don or dressing 24-7 all the time but wen you do it for a time don it git to the same thing as dressing as a man but a lot more work to be a women then you though or is stell as you wonted or thout i know for i cost a lot more to being a women the things we need to be one but boys spind a lot on thers toy to lolo so it evens out i gess:)

Kaz
07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
One of the big things I have learned is how women can get through the money so quickly! I have also learned how much work it takes to look the way many do look. My respect for women has increased on all levels the more I have understood about all this stuff. Having said that... I am coming from 100% total respect to begin with!

Men expect a lot from women. But women also expect a lot from other women, and the fashion/glamour thing is not just a male driven machine... there seems to be an inbuilt desire to invest time, money and effort into looking 'good?' A problem I guess we have in the Cd world is that we are more drawn to that glamorous look at first and we want to be 'that girl' in 'those clothes'... over time things sometimes change a little! I am OK not being 'that girl' all the time... but I still do 'some of the time'!

The downside of crossdressing is that the cost of the feminine stuff starts to hit the budget for the boy toys!

Kate Simmons
07-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I think that women actually have the best deal. They are the backbone of the world as they mostly raise their children, take care of their homes and keep things respectable. I've decided to get in on some of that myself. It never does get old fulfilling a woman's role but it does get satisfying. That is the real payoff Hon.:)

lori m crawford
07-04-2012, 06:53 PM
yes a women has a lot to do as a women an does it but they are women not us it is born in them not liveing as one a female has a body that drive a man crazy but carry a baby feed it an take car of it i know the male is the one that works but did you ever stop an think that ever thing that happens is in side a women all a man has to do is git it up o womens body is something els

Kate Simmons
07-04-2012, 08:46 PM
A woman has the privilege of carrying, bearing and nurturing her children Hon. Nothing I can imagine can really top that.:)

Karren H
07-04-2012, 08:49 PM
It does get old... And so do I... Sigh....

Kate Simmons
07-04-2012, 08:51 PM
It does get old... And so do I... Sigh....No you don't Karr, I won't allow it.:heehee::)

Alice Torn
07-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Guys have to
take it in the shorts", and suffer their own brand of misery, and most women "take it in the jeans", and have their own brand of miseries. So sad that it is so very hard to understand each others' pain, and joy. Sadly., I have known quite a few GG's, that never dress up, don't own dresses, skirts, jewelry, or shoes other than tennies. No makeup, either, nor fragrances. They don't spend money at all on girly stuff.

Persephone
07-05-2012, 02:32 AM
wen you do it for a time don it git to the same thing as dressing as a man but a lot more work to be a women then you though

Hi Lori,

I probably dress around 70% or very close to 3/4 of my time now. For me the dressing has now become mostly that -- just getting dressed. It is fun to go shopping and a great deal of fun to dress up for special occasions, but otherwise it isn't much different.

But what is different is being "one of the girls," being accepted into the world of women and treated like just another woman. I chat, laugh, and cry with my hairstylist, my manicurist, my friends, the women in my social club, the women at the gym, and I'm no longer an outsider. That is the best part. Way better to me than the old thrill of getting dressed.

Hugs,
Persephone.

noeleena
07-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Hi,

If this was only about being dressed like a woman , then what i see from this forum & the many others im on would far surpass those women i know & have contact with in our Edwardian group by a long way,

Most of us are not working full time because we are retired, so are on a fixed income so it comes down to clothes we have over the years have brought & made or make our selfs not the 6 men i know dont make sew or do as we women do so again the women make the mens clothes, & they are very good, some of cause are brought,

Over the last 4 years iv made all my clothes because of being on a fixed income i can not afford the money to buy new so its ether second hand & redo or by cheaper fabric & make, & some times i get given,

Now my day wear , yes i did buy a lot of clothes though they were new over the years what i choose was to be my base clothes that i could mix & match, plus second hand & redo. to suit how i like them to be, many of our women were sewer's & would spend the time to make & sew,

Now of cause im involved with two dress & wear groups & have 14 different out fits plus 3 iv been given that are pretty good & fit me well as a woman. body shape is right. cost very little because we are pretty spend frifty , so it works quite well .

I have what i need & happy with that allthough i can look pretty smart in my clothes, & thats not my say so ether,

Ill make & sew some more just for now im leaveing that till later,

I dont just go buy because i like some clothes iv seen im not going to over spend so no my costs are well with in my income,

Running a home transport heating cooking , power, & amenitys you know Rates ins Phone . so not much left for clothes, on $ 500 per two weeks . so for here im okay, i get through, there is one advantage we own our home,& no morgage,

...noeleena...

jillleanne
07-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Hi Lori,

I probably dress around 70% or very close to 3/4 of my time now. For me the dressing has now become mostly that -- just getting dressed. It is fun to go shopping and a great deal of fun to dress up for special occasions, but otherwise it isn't much different.

But what is different is being "one of the girls," being accepted into the world of women and treated like just another woman. I chat, laugh, and cry with my hairstylist, my manicurist, my friends, the women in my social club, the women at the gym, and I'm no longer an outsider. That is the best part. Way better to me than the old thrill of getting dressed.

Hugs,
Persephone.

I'm at about 60% lately, probably the heat and male things to be done around the place. Dressing is simply part of who I am, no more, but I do love the ability to mix and match, colors, materials, shoes, shoes, shoes!!!!!!. I also love the art of makeup and the final outcome when finished. I have that down to about 5 minutes now, no matter what look I want to achieve. If I feel the need to dress en femme, I do. I still love to shop and dine en femme whether with my s/o or alone. Yes, femlae friends who accept me are a huge bonus. So sad the husbands are so prejudice though.

bobbimo
07-05-2012, 07:43 AM
I would say that is one of the fun things about being a CD.
If the demands of the day require a male touch, like cutting trees, working the car or tearing the roof off the house. Then there is no need to shave, just put on the scrubbies and head out the door.
BUT, when the day is done, Its time for a wonderful shower or bath and let Bobbi out.
Its such a wonderful feeling. And If the day is more relaxed or less physical, then Bobbi get ready in the AM and she is ever soo happy to touch up her make up through the day and change outfits as the mood strikes her.
I just love life.

Cheryl T
07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
The only thing getting old is ME!
Expressing my femininity never gets old.

TGMarla
07-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Well.....yes. There are times when my desire to be en femme is trumped by my unwillingness to go through all the trouble to get that way. Usually, that's not the case, but sometimes it does get tired.

lori m crawford
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM
i is what i am talking about i am like most of you i like dressing an being in fem but wen a lot of you can oney dress for a 1-2-3 hrs with all the makeup makeup is not cheep for a fue hours to put on an take it off i wood think other things are to but you can wear them they nex time makeup is not like wen a women wears ever day all day

Cheryl T
07-06-2012, 09:02 AM
If I'm only going to be home most of the time I don't bother with all the makeup. I don't spend my time in front of the mirror and no one else will see me so what's the purpose?

BLUE ORCHID
07-06-2012, 05:34 PM
It does get old... And so do I... Sigh....

I don't know about that Karen, it looks like you are getting younger fron the looks of your new avatar.

sonna
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
i dont know i enjoy all of it. i think can safely say for most of us we like to dress up
while the rest of the world likes to dress down........to relax