PDA

View Full Version : An Adventure

christine55
11-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Went to Walgreens tonight because they had one of my favorite brands of pantyhose on sale 2 for one. They actually had them in stock and I bought four and some Aveeno smoothing lotion and some firmng lotion. When I got to the checkstand they had not put the pantyhose in the register properly and they did not give me the discount. Walgreens is a good example of the awful micromanagement that afflicts U.S. business. The cashier was not allowed to correct the mistake but had to call the manager. The manager did not come for about 10 minutes so I had to wait at the head of the line nervously twiddling my polished thumbs. I imagine the cashier caught on that I was a CD but I dont think anyone else caught on. She thanked me for not getting all angry. This is what I was wearing, I just took this ten minutes ago. Anyway anytime any of you girls go to Walgreens and buy items on sale make sure to check your receipt. They are famous for not putting in the sale items in the computer.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/forupload.jpg

Carolyn GG
11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I am sorry hear about your unnerving experience. However, I do love your picture. You look fabulous. :thumbsup:

Carolyn :)

Missy Anne's GG
11-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi Christine,

Considering the hassle you just went through, you are all smiles! Good for you! You look really happy!

Thanks for the tip about Walgreen's.

Missy Anne's GG

Jesse69
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
How did she know you are a CD ? Does your voice give you away?

Those are nice shaved legs you have.

Lauren_T
11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Went to Walgreens tonight because they had one of my favorite brands of pantyhose on sale 2 for one. They actually had them in stock and I bought four and some Aveeno smoothing lotion and some firmng lotion. When I got to the checkstand they had not put the pantyhose in the register properly and they did not give me the discount. Walgreens is a good example of the awful micromanagement that afflicts U.S. business. The cashier was not allowed to correct the mistake but had to call the manager. The manager did not come for about 10 minutes so I had to wait at the head of the line nervously twiddling my polished thumbs. I imagine the cashier caught on that I was a CD but I dont think anyone else caught on. She thanked me for not getting all angry. This is what I was wearing, I just took this ten minutes ago. Anyway anytime any of you girls go to Walgreens and buy items on sale make sure to check your receipt. They are famous for not putting in the sale items in the computer.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/forupload.jpgYer looking just splendid, Christine... thoroughly ladylike! :thumbup:

That thing with Walgreens is something I noticed a while back myself. Both my employer and my best friend take a lot of meds, and of course a girl needs makeup, so I'm in Walgreens often. For some time recently I had been noticing things like items that wouldn't scan and sale items with the wrong prices. One day, at a different Walgreens than my usual, I was buying a lipstick with a $3-off store coupon, but the system wouldn't accept it. So, as you say, the manager must be called, and my planned discreet purchase becomes a nine-minute public wonder. :o

It seems that Walgreens, in the true tradition of modern America, has gotten rid of the full-time data entry operators (who input the product / price data to the chain's central computer system) at their headquarters and has replaced them with incompetent - but cheaper and more easily fired - temps...

'Greed is good.' ~ Gordon Gecko

christine55
11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
I just love the compliments from the GG's
Hugs, Christine

Sharon
11-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Well done, Christine. You handled yourself well during what could have been a very nerveracking experience. I probably would have been sweating cannonballs.:o

You also look lovelier than ever.:)

RachelDenise
11-16-2005, 06:04 AM
And above all, you remained a lady! Well done and a wonderful example for all to see!

Jamie M
11-16-2005, 07:54 AM
And above all, you remained a lady! Well done and a wonderful example for all to see!

I totally agree . I'm not sure i would have been as patient . I'm normaly the most mild mannered person you'd wish to meet , however you know what the say about having a long fuse ... it's normally attached to a VERY large bomb :D

It's not only in america that you see this kind of thing going on , it happens all the time in the UK and more often than not i believe it's not just imcompetence but a deliberate act praying on the fact that ( on the whole , i believe ) we don't complain about bad service .

swiss_susan
11-16-2005, 08:00 AM
It was your voice I don't see how anyone could have 'read' you, you look great in that picture, very classy and sexy.

Susan

Wendy me
11-16-2005, 08:48 AM
well done and buy the way you as always look fab.....yes they do mess up and cvs over charges on things too watch them slips .....

Phoebe Reece
11-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Christine, you look great! That's just the kind of outfit I like to wear when doing a little shopping. Look on the bright side of your adventure. Yes, you had to wait in line for 10 minutes while the problem was straightened out - but now you know that's really not such a big deal. The next time you are out dressed and something unexpected happens, you won't panic and can just deal with it the same way any other woman would (smile, even though you are about to explode with rage inside).

christine55
11-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Maybe this will get some kind of attention. Maybe they'll even send me some freebies.
Hugs, Christine

To Whom it May Concern
I have noticed a disturbing trend in your stores. Twice within the last year I have had to wait over ten minutes at the register for matters which should have taken a few seconds to resolve.
Last night I went into the store where you had 2 pairs of no nonsense pantyhose advertised for the price of one. The sale had not been properly entered into your computers and the cashier had to call her superior to correct the error even though the store was aware of the problem as the cashier mentioned to the pharmacist that it was the same problem with the nylons again. This was after I had to wait over ten minutes for the busy pharmacist to appear.
A few months ago I brought an item in for a refund within an hour or two of purchasing it. The item was in its original packaging which had not been opened. I had the receipt. The cashier was not allowed to do the refund but had to call the manager who did not come for about ten minutes. The cashier went back to look for the manager and when she returned she told me that the manager was speaking to a salesman. I waited and waited. Finally the manager appeared and promptly issued the refund. He told me that he had not heard his name repeatedly being called over the loudspeaker to which I replied “Like s**t” after having been informed by the cashier he was speaking with a vendor. The cashier was obviously as frustrated as I was.
Aside from the fact of the lying manager it seems to me that some middle level manager has decided that employee theft makes it necessary to have a manager approve every little correction which a cashier should be able to make. This middle level manager has obviously risen to his level of incompetence and is an idiot who should be fired or demoted. Believe me if an employee wants to steal he or she will find a way to no matter how many impediments you place to them being able to do their jobs. Your policy is typical of the current trend in corporate America toward micromanagement and time and money consuming red tape. Maybe if some of your management tier personnel were required to perform cashier level tasks for a few weeks they might change some of these stupid policies.
I used to like your stores for their reasonable prices and good variety of products. Hopefully your company will correct some of these extremely customer and worker unfriendly policies before you lose more customers and your good employees find better jobs elsewhere.
I am not an employee masquerading as a customer. I used to do customer service for one of the larger cell phone companies. The pay was good but I left because of the extreme stress caused mostly by the same type of micromanagement.
Sincerely

C. Johnsn