PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm, just an Idea, might be brilliant but then it might be not......

Inna
07-06-2012, 09:41 AM
This is really for the moderators as well as those who are poised, known to the community and respected!
I know the value of self delusion, believe me I had a share of such my self, and it truly helped me survive. However when the time had come, my frustrations grew from seeing someone in mirrors reflection who seemed so different from the description rest of my friends were giving me. And so here is the idea, however radical, and would have to be overseen with vigil eye, but it could be a helpful tool to those who seek absolute honesty!

A "CRITIQUE BOX" where only willing folks can ask about their looks, what should be done and improve or just stay the way they are, but answers would not be diluted by cheers and pats on a shoulder but be real, direct and honest!

I know sometimes I stir already explosive concoctions, but I cant help trying to make our situation more constructive.

Rondawants
07-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Not a bad idea! I have found myself that I look better in something that fits my body, but not necessarily what I want to wear! If I'm going out I tend to wear outfits that are more my age so to speak! hahahaha. When I'm dressing in I may go with something more younger!!!! The trials of getting old!!!! Loves! Ronda!

Inna
07-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks Ronda, that is exactly why, pure honest opinion may be sooooo helpful, perhaps we may find that the shorter, younger attire may suit the person better. Once again I stress that in order for this to work there should be a PANEL of so to speak, girls who are honest in their opinion, clear, and bias. We would probably vote for the panel members. It could be so much fun!!!

Billiebluenose1878 GG
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
As a gg am I ok to give my opinions ive not got a bad eye for clothes colour co-ordination etc xxxxxx

BRANDYJ
07-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Inna, I think you have a very good idea! I hate to say it, but I have seen pictures of some here that ask if a certain dress or look is passable, but looking at their face, they have no chance what so ever to pass at midnight on a moonless night. So all the "you go girl, or I like the dress, and other pats on the shoulder that delude some into believing then can pull it off. Let's face it, very few of us can blend or pass due to our more manly looking features, be it our build, height, or facial features that simply can't be disguised with a ton of makeup. So your idea has merit.

bobbie c
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
brandyj as usual..... well stated,and the idea is fun and certainly useful for those that want it

Traci Elizabeth
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I am not sure this is a good idea because the last thing a TS who is consumed in their appearance and "passing" needs to hear is: "you need to change this and change that." Talk about a morale downer. And a lot of the body can't be changed anyway.

I also don't know many TS on here who are wanting to be critiqued on their physical characteristics as apposed to wanting to hear that they do pass or have feminine features.

I don't see pointing out one's flaws as being beneficial here but only serves to bring sensitive/emotional girls down.

And Inna I remember all your posts of past, being negative about yourself over your lack of passing. You were in a dark place, and the last thing you wanted or needed was to be brought down further/lower.

Now that you have had surgeries you look more feminine than most and I sense that you are really happy knowing you pass.

To me, its like; "hey, now that I am a beautiful woman, I want to critique everyone else."

Think about it Inna!

I am NOT begrudging your beauty but I am wanting to point out the negative nature of your proposed thread. Just imagine someone who is in a state of depression, suffering from anxiety, and who has low self-esteem, and perhaps on the edge of committing suicide hearing that they don't look like a female and here are ALL the things wrong with you! NOT GOOD!

The tread could also turn out to be self-serving as the good looking women will respond just to boost their already inflated egos.

Bree-asaurus
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I used to want honest opinions of how I looked. However, I could never believe anybody that gave me compliments anyway. I just had to get to the point where I could say "**** it" and be myself regardless of what I thought I looked like. I can't sit here and wait around for my self esteem to increase or my ego to boost... I need to be myself and if someone thinks I look like a dude, whatever. They can deal with it... I'm beyond it.

BRANDYJ
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Traci, I get your point and well stated. When I made my comments, I did not realize that Inna posted this to the transsexual forum. My thinking was more in line with is that are CD. As you said, may not be a good idea for other TS's, but might help the CD community.

ReineD
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I can see the value in having a place for honest critique, but this is difficult to accomplish in such a vast forum full of people who do not know one another intimately. We do have the Picture & Video Gallery and I suppose if you explain who you are and why you are posting, you might get a few constructive comments. But, you'll also get a lot of "Rah-rah, you go girl" for several reasons: some of our CD members who are not on HRT and have not had FFS can only hope to look as feminine as someone who has. Also people have different levels of tact and it is difficult to post constructive criticism without seeming overly critical, especially when everyone has a different beauty ideal. No one wants to offend.

I think your best option is to post in the Safe Haven section and invite your friends to give you an honest critique.

If you're into modeling as a career, I've seen sites for models to post their pics that are critiqued by both other models and the photographers who are in the business. I'll look around to see if I can find links.

Edit - I found it!

Model Mayhem (http://www.modelmayhem.com/)

kellycan27
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
This a great idea and.......... I have come up with what I believe to be a suitable name for this panel of physical and fashion experts... "Heathers"! Oh wait! It's already been used. I am with Traci on this one 100%. I don't have an issue if people want to have someone critique them, my problem is more with the people who feel that they are qualified to do so. Self serving..... sounds like. elitist..... Hmmm. 3T ... just a tad maybe?
Kel

ReineD
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Ooops, Inna maybe I misunderstood. Were you wanting this for yourself, or did you want a vehicle to provide constructive critique for others? I'm thinking that if others want feedback, they'll ask for it.

Shelly Preston
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM
If you want an honest opinion always ask people you trust.

They are most likely to tell you what you need to know in a constructive way be it good or bad.

Lorileah
07-06-2012, 02:57 PM
This forum has that already doesn't it? Isn't it called a "PM"? If you don't want everyone to see how another critiques you, then ask them to PM you. Easy enough.

Aprilrain
07-06-2012, 04:22 PM
soooooo? who's going first? ........... anyone?

Kathryn Martin
07-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I think this would be a great idea. We could really help each other. It should be in Safe Haven and a thread specially put up. If you don't like honest, respectful criticism don't post a picture.

Oh and I would go first just to get it going.

Inna
07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
OK once again posting something in ENGLISH doesn't mean will be understood, Ohy Vejh!!!!! LOL

I have stated that if an individual WOULD LIKE A STRAIGHT CRITIQUE, they would request such in the section or thread devoted to just that type of theme!

There would be a PANEL of majority appointed individuals ( and not a free for all shooting range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), TRACI, I didn't allude that I will be on it, and to be quite frank I sense your resentment to my personality????

Critique could be very constructive and doesn't necessarily revolve about someone telling another YOU DON"T PASS and NO HOPE FOR THAT, that is why I stress MAJORITY APPOINTED PANEL!!!!!!!! ( could be made up of GG's exclusively or well respected CDs and TS's )

Critique could encompass points on bettering make up, fashion sense, color schemes, etc...

ONCE AGAIN, this CRITIQUE BOX would be open to everyone, CD's, TV's, TS's, GQ's, and who ever is left in between.

And yes, if you want I will be the first........this is not an attempt to lough at someone, I can do that without a computer or internet, I can just look in the mirror and I have a 2 hour long material of inadequacies and shortcomings.

ReineD
07-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Inna.

Please start a thread in Safe Haven with your own pics, and take it from there, if you do not want to use the section of this forum that is already available for picture comments, namely the Picture and Video Gallery.

Or, use the Gallery and explain in your opening post what you are after specifically.

There will be no special section created other than what already exists, for people to critique each other's pictures.

Thread closed.

EDIT - I want to add some thoughts about an appointed panel to provide constructive criticism of the photos. This board does not condone preferential treatment, or any practice that will single out one person over another. This includes popularity & beauty contests, or best-dressed contests (some threads about this have been started and promptly deleted in the past). This would also extend to "choosing" people who are deemed to be more objective or more "well-respected" than others. It's still a form of preferring one individual over another and doing something like this risks hurting the feelings of those who have not been "chosen". I just wanted to point that out.