PDA

View Full Version : Shaving off an old friend

Robinkay
07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I have be wresiling with this for years.
I have had a mustache for over 30 years and I just can't seam to convince my self to shave it off. I know it can grow back......must be mental ?
Any body have the same type hesitance in there past ?
My wife has never loooked upon my face with out a mustache :eek:

Thanks

PretzelGirl
07-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I went about 25 years with mine other than some official military photos. I was actually ready to dump it and my wife gave me the impression she wanted to keep it. An impression that was incorrect as she just didn't want stubble. I went from shaving it off to make-up to going out in a manner of a few months. Like you said, you can grow it back. What do you have to lose other than the time at work when everyone asks you why and you say because?

Billie_M
07-06-2012, 10:46 AM
I had one as well for the first 25 years of marriage. When I finally cut it, I was thrilled, and so was the wife. But my male side kept saying grow it back, so I would for a bit. After 2 years of back and forth, I finally said "no more" and have been without one for over five years now. Wish I would have been smart enough to look into laser, but there is more white than dark anymore and not woth the expense.

bobbimo
07-06-2012, 10:49 AM
I think you will find it much easier to get into en femme, w/o the stache.
and you will want to do it more also.

bridget thronton
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Had mine for 30 years and haven't missed it since I shaved it off 2 years ago

Thera Home
07-06-2012, 10:59 AM
I have be wresiling with this for years.
I have had a mustache for over 30 years and I just can't seam to convince my self to shave it off. I know it can grow back......must be mental ?
Any body have the same type hesitance in there past ?
My wife has never loooked upon my face with out a mustache :eek:

Thanks

Hello Robin
MY wife met me without any facial hair and after some years I grew a beard which turned into a goatee and had that for several years, 14 years in fact. Then one day I decided to shave it off and my wife and my children( especially my kids since the had never seen me without facial hair) just could not believed how different I looked. Needless to say they all wanted my hair back so I grew it back and then shaved it again and grew it back. Right now my face is as clean as a babys bottom and everyone seems to be at ease with it since they know I can grow it back anytime.

Thera

Rondawants
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I shaved a full beard on the fourth! I'm so glad I did! I'm getting ready to go out and I want to pass and it is really hard with a beard! Who wants to be known as the bearded lady! I do understand as I had my beard for the last 12 years! I would do it againd!!!! Loves Ronda!

Karren H
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Mine left 9 years ago... After 33 years. My wife asked me why... Told her it was time for a change... She found out how big a change 2 years later. Lol.

Sally24
07-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I had a full beard for most of the 80's and all of the 90's. Shaved it off in 2005. Started electrolysis in 2007 (with my wide's OK). I've gotten to the point now of not caring for any hair at all. I never had a problem shaving it off for a.month or two. I mostly kept it because I hated shaving. Hopefully I will get to the point where I don't have to shave at all.

Marleena
07-06-2012, 02:45 PM
I had a moustache and stuff for over 30 years too. It was my male disguise. It just doesn't look right with a dress on.:D When people asked I told them it was time for a change. Most comments were "you look younger". Anyways, it'll grow back if need be.

My neighbor that overindulges didn't recognize me while walking my dog but she was a bit foggy at the time.lol. I had to tell her the dog she was talking about up the street that looked just like mine was the dog she was looking at. So she didn't recognize my dog either. :heehee:

Oh and she pets my dog every day.lol.

reb.femme
07-06-2012, 02:58 PM
When I saw SHAVING OFF AN OLD FRIEND, shades of Wayne Bobbitt ran through my head.
Thankfully, it was only about facial hair.

Never really had major facial hair as an adult, only a bum fluff moustache when I was 14/15 years old, so I'm from the opposite end of the spectrum.
To my mind, the biggest advantage is it's healthier and experiencing skin to skin contact with someone else, is surely one of the greatest human pleasures. :o
However, it is a startling change for everyone when facial hair is removed for the first time.

Rebecca x

Kate Simmons
07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I've had a mustache and even full beard just a couple of years ago while I was integrating all of my feelings. It was all part of my "growing up" as a full spectrum person. I'm pretty much grown up now and pretty much amalgamated with my feelings and emotions. As a mature person I have realized that I am essentially female and that is my future direction. I never forget the past but forge my own future. Even so, the facial hair has to be a personal choice as we, and no one else deteremine who we are in the end.:battingeyelashes::)

Cynthia Anne
07-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I had a stache while I was in my 20's 30's! Kept on for about ten years! One day I decided I had enough of it and been shaving ever sense!

~Joanne~
07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
My GF had a fit when I shaved my head years back, selfish as it is, I didn't care and have had it shaved every since. For the last 8 months my body has been completely hairless. I don't even think she notices.

Basically, it is your body/face. shave it if you want or don't. Like most have said, if you shave anything and it does bother you or such, it will alwas grow back.

BobbieBrooks
07-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Gone around 15 years. Don't miss it a bit. Heck give her someone new LOL.

BobbieB

Eryn
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I wore a mustache for 30 years.

After shaving it off several of my acquaintances said, without prompting, "Wow, you really look younger without the mustache!"

I then realized that the 'stache wasn't really my friend after all!

That's when I decided to do laser and now, electrolysis.

onlinecloset
07-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Have also been thinking about shaving my goatee. I do once in a blue Moon but since I have been getting more and more urges to dress my motivation has changed and want to see how I looked dressed with out it.. I am always looking like a hairy faced lady.. Also always have to wear high necked shirts because chest hair. But I guess one thing at a time.

BLUE ORCHID
07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Way back in the 70's I had full facial hair but somehow the bearded lady in the circus just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Marcia Blue
07-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I had a full beard for 25 years. One day I looked at how white it had become, and off it went. Never grew it back, and that was 4 years ago.

Ressie
07-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Beards, mustache, - I never could grow sideburns. The only times I've had facial hair in the last 30 years was when I had a SO that wanted it. If I ever become someone's SO again, that person will have to live with a bald face with traces of lipstick from the night before. :)

Start by trimming it ultra short with comb and scissors. Then take the big step when you're ready.

Ally 2112
07-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I had a mustache then a gotee and sometimes a beard off and on for at least 30 yrs .About 2 years ago i decided thats it i really don't care what anyone thinks i shaved everthing off and have been clean shaven ever since .It has actually made me happier :)

ronda
07-06-2012, 06:51 PM
don't have and never did have enough wiskers to grow a bread or mustache i only had to shave once a week until i was 55 now i have to shave 3 times a weekHugs Ronda

April_Ligeia
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Since my late teens i have grown a beard and when it getd to be a pain in the neck to trim it, i shave it off. I do the same thing now, although i tend to shave it off for longer. But the whiskers help to hide my labret piercing for work, although it interferes with makeup application at night. But i try to balance things so I can be all I can be some weekends, like this one.

Linda Stockings
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I've had a full beard for almost 10 years now. The best I can say about it is that it gave me a good excuse to use the pic I did as my avatar here - a 15 year old pic. But I've been itching to shave the beard, then head straight for a Mac store, get a full makeover, get dressed, and let Linda see the world again.

Oh, and my hair is now as long as it was in my avatar pic, but with lots of gray, and very thick and wavy. I don't want to cut it before getting back out again. And who knows how long I'll be able to grow thick hair?

Vickie_CDTV
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
You could trim the mustache, and use wax and some heavy concealer to hide it (like Jim bridges used to do, I don't know how passable it would be up close though); some people use a similar trick to hide bushy eyebrows.

Jilmac
07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I sported a full beard for about 36 years while being a closet dresser at the same time. When I emerged from the closet in 2007, I decided it was time to lose the beard. I got over the initial shock of seeing my unshaven puss in a few weeks and now my old friend is just a mere memory.

TeresaL
07-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I shaved off an old enemy several weeks ago. Never felt better in my life, and wonder why I waited so long.

TxCassie
07-07-2012, 02:53 AM
I wore stache for 17 yrrs. I shaved it off after my dad passed. Don't know if it means anything, but I began seriously dressing and purging less around the same time. I don't miss it. I can grow it back easy, but never wanted it back too much. Funny, I just saw a picture of myself when i did have it at it's peak. OMG, I look like Mario from that game, Mario Bros. haha. That was then, this is now.

manemami
07-07-2012, 03:32 AM
give her such shocks by removing it slowly she will find you are same lovely person without them and even looking younger, i have found lot of difference when i removed them and slowly my accepted them including my kids, now i am free to do full face crossdressing it easy and necessary

Rebecca W.
07-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Hi Robin,
I too had a mustache since high school (30 years). One day, I just took a razor and I just swiped half of it off, no turning back now! I went to work and one of my long time co-workers walked into the office and I turned around, I thought that she was going to have a heart attack. She was just surprised as she had never seen me without it and she really liked my new look. I have been told by many people since that I look younger and I do feel younger without it.

I have tried, several times to convince myself that I really should grow it back but then the razor wins out. I truly believe that my inner feminine self is growing stronger and it is starting to really affect how I dress and my personal grooming habits.

Thera Home
07-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi Robin,
I too had a mustache since high school (30 years). One day, I just took a razor and I just swiped half of it off, no turning back now! I went to work and one of my long time co-workers walked into the office and I turned around, I thought that she was going to have a heart attack. She was just surprised as she had never seen me without it and she really liked my new look. I have been told by many people since that I look younger and I do feel younger without it.

I have tried, several times to convince myself that I really should grow it back but then the razor wins out. I truly believe that my inner feminine self is growing stronger and it is starting to really affect how I dress and my personal grooming habits.

Hello Rebecca
I agree, Now that mines off I enjoy the new look also. Younger and prettier.

....She lives through him and He lives through her...........

Thera

Rebecca W.
07-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Hello Rebecca
I agree, Now that mines off I enjoy the new look also. Younger and prettier.

....She lives through him and He lives through her...........

Thera

Hi Thera

If only the rest of the world would be or could be as understanding as we are to ourselves. May the rest of the world read our stories and be more understanding towards us and our inner desire to just be who we really want to be.

Cheryl T
07-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I should have listened to my mother.
When I was in college I grew mine to be more "grown up" (besides it went with the long hair hippie days of the 60's). My mom looked at me and said, "Why on earth did you want to grow a mustache?" Years later when I wanted to dress more and the wife was unaware all there was was the discussion of why I wanted to shave it....shoulda listened to my mom...

jillleanne
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Nope. Goodbye hair and hello smooth skin.

AimeeCD
07-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Gosh do I ever know about what you're going through. The only reason I finally shaved it was when I had a date with my new b/f and though he didn't require it I just couldn't feel like a woman while wearing it. Of course, the wife and the kids thought it was so weird to see Dad without his moustache, but I felt it was a great move and I felt more feminine when I was with him. I figured I could always grow it back if I missed it:) Then again, Aimee doesn't look so feminine with a moustache, but she sure looks good without one! I'd shave it off and enjoy the new you:)

Jocelyn Quivers
07-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I had mine for several years, the simplest answer for shaving it follwed it by laser and electrolysis was the "stache" was not worth all of the headache, misery and unhappiness it was causing me. It was not essential for me to hold on to my male side. Also I look far prettier without it.:)

Beverley Sims
07-09-2012, 05:41 AM
Shaving off an old friend?
I don't have a beard or a mustache.
So it would be scary shaving off my old friend.:)

Robinkay
07-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Well thanks to all who have responed with there story's and advice!
You have givin me some things to think about.
Did any body just ask there spouse what they though about removing there stash befor cuting it off?
Now that Iam think .....it's really getting gray now and was red 20 plus years ago !
I think that I have used it as an safety net as not to go to far with my dressing.
I well keep you posted.

Thanks again

Jocelyn Quivers
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
I did not ask because there was no spouse or any other GG in my life at the time. As far as laser and electrolysis I was married, but did not ask. I mentioned that I was permanently getting rid of it and that was it. It was not really left up for discussion. I guess it worked in my situation because my wife never saw me with any facial hair outside of old pictures.