PDA

View Full Version : Little Irritations

betty1253
07-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Good evening ladies,

Tonight I put a tear in an almost new pair of pantyhose. Darn!
I take pride in not destroying them any more.

What dressing disasters bother you?

Betty

Eryn
07-07-2012, 01:26 AM
When I'm all ready to go out, clothes, makeup and hair perfect, and I ding a freshly-manicured nail!

betty1253
07-07-2012, 01:37 AM
When I'm all ready to go out, clothes, makeup and hair perfect, and I ding a freshly-manicured nail!

I know what you mean Eryn, something happening to my nails is a reaction that I don't really want friends to see.

noeleena
07-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Hi,

Not much if any thing if i do then ill change clothes easy no hair to be bothered about make up can go any were with out , the way im going ill only have lippy. & who cares not my women friends,

I did wear my wig years ago just not any more, so dont care if the winds a storm.

as to nails short as no colour & again no point as i still do manual work so i learned dont bother,

I wear long skirts every day so tights are not needed, just socks sneakers or angle boots, tis winter over here so need to keep warm.
for my self its pretty much get dressed & go.

gee clothes makeup & hair perfect heck 10 min's im long gone, i spos being a woman i dont think much about that unless a night or afternoon out i will dress in a nice outfit, other wise normal day wear what im comfortable in ,

...noeleena...

Anna Talyn
07-07-2012, 03:43 AM
What dressing disasters bother you?

Betty
Having to take it all off. For me it is mostly I am bad at full outfits and makeup. Good thing pink fog and imagination step in.

BobbieBrooks
07-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Yep , run in thigh hi or pantyhose. But a reason to shop!! LOL

BobbieB

Kate Simmons
07-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah, that's kind of a PITA when that happens Hon. What really gets me riled though is when I break a nail. I turn into "Katie Kaboom!" :heehee::)

Cheryl T
07-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Eryn "nailed" my biggest upset.....especially when there's no time to repair it.

Cynthia Anne
07-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Between the ding in nail polish and poking my eye puting on mascarra it can start off as a bad day! Hugs!

Jillian Faith
07-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Definitely dinging a nail!

Karren H
07-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Almost flushing my skirt down the toilet at the rest stop in the turnpike rates right up there! Lol.

jillleanne
07-07-2012, 08:55 AM
A tear in lacy undies. I love extra femme undies that have sheer floral lace patterns on them. Unfortunately they are also very delicate and cannot stand being pulled by long nails. Arghhhh! into the trash with them and on with another pair.

Being Paige
07-07-2012, 09:46 AM
I hate when I get a run in my pantyhose, I always have a spare pair in my purse.

suchacutie
07-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Stockings just eventually wear out, but to destroy them before getting to wear them is so annoying! Then there is the untrimmed toe nail that destroys them! And on top I agree is the lovely set of nails that suddenly gets ruined simply by being careless! Arg!

Well, hmmm, then there is buying a dress online you think is just incredible and then you find it makes you look terrible!

PretzelGirl
07-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Had this one yesterday and it shows difference in perceptions. I had some house work going and the doors were propped open, so it was hot. When they left, my wife and I wanted to go out. After showering, I had to sit for a while under a fan to stop sweating so I could put make-up on. Then I went to do my hair and started sweating again. So I was fussing with my hair sticking to my face while trying to get volume. I finally did what I could and gave up as it was damp and getting curly and frizzy from sweating. I go and tell my wife I am ready and she comments how she likes the new way I did my hair. :doh:

BLUE ORCHID
07-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Betty, A run in a good pair of hose is a real pi$$er.

Stephanie47
07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
The worst is being totally en femme, including full makeup and nail polish and having to run an immediate errand. Once my daughter-in-law locked herself out of her house with the car keys in the house. Grandchild in the back seat ready to go to school. She called for my key to get into the house. Off came the attire, the makeup and the polish. That was the quickest polish removal anyone ever had to do. Since then I have waited with the polish until I know she and the grandchild would have left the driveway for school.

Teri Ray
07-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I agree with the nail polish blemish issue. Seems I never can wait long enough to know the nails are dry. I have rushed a toe nail polish and ruined a pair of panty hose. That was a twofer error.

Sophia Claire
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Between the ding in nail polish and poking my eye puting on mascarra it can start off as a bad day! Hugs!

Poking your eye with the mascara wand... That is the worst!

Mollyanne
07-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Oh Yeah, a run in my pantyhose when I'm ready to walk out the door!!!! It seems that only happens when I'm wearing off black or suntan shade. Talk about being irked!!!!!!

Molly

reb.femme
07-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Poking your eye with the mascara wand... That is the worst!

Yeah, have to agree. If this was a DUI test, I'd fail every time.

Rebecca x

Rachel Morley
07-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Ditto! ... I have done this so many times. Nowadays I try to plan ahead and do my nails earlier in the day.

Diane Smith
07-08-2012, 02:12 AM
I think Eryn is my long lost sister. Nothing kills my mood more quickly than a nail polish boo-boo. I spend the rest of the day with my fists clenched, or hands in pockets, or one finger curled over another to hide the damage, even though chances are only about one in a million that anyone else would ever notice.

Getting a smudge or stain on my outfit as I'm leaving the house or getting in the car is a close second.

Runs in stockings are number three. I've found that the secret to keeping them whole is to carry a spare pair. I've only had disasters when I didn't have a backup! :)

- Diane

Eryn
07-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Ditto! ... I have done this so many times. Nowadays I try to plan ahead and do my nails earlier in the day.

I do the opposite. I generally drive a fair distance to get to wherever I'm going after I'm dressed and driving is one thing I can do without much danger of dinging my nails. My polish is the last thing to go on before getting in my car and driving. Having the air vents pointing at my hands also helps them to dry faster!

Millions of women driving home from the manicurist can't be wrong, can they? :)

The other irritation is having to remove a perfect manicure to go back to male mode. Most GGs would be saying "Wow, I'll enjoy showing off these pretty nails at work tomorrow." but that won't fly with me, darnit!

betty1253
07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Almost flushing my skirt down the toilet at the rest stop in the turnpike rates right up there! Lol.

Wow, Karren, that could make driving more interesting!

In a related way, I have several tops with ties that you put in a bow behind you. Once, unknown to me, it had come untied. Had to use the bathroom, finished,got up with water dripping in a most unpleasant manner down my skirt and leg. Oh well, live and learn.

Betty

RainyNightGirl
07-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Rips in my pantyhose caused by rough skin on my heel, oh especially when they are brand new... I also dislike 'sprays' of mascara but I learned that if you let them dry they flake off....

Pretty Nails
07-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Having to take it all off. For me it is mostly I am bad at full outfits and makeup. Good thing pink fog and imagination step in.

This is the worst thing ever! When I have finally gotten something on and even done make-up and nails. I never want to go back. I use Anna's pink fog too - I hope you don't mind. Nail disasters would be a close second.

Beverley Sims
07-09-2012, 06:15 AM
I usually do my nails earlier as they can then harden before I finish dressing.
What irks me is I have a big left toe that always puts a hole in panty hose.
About 4 wears and i'm through. The nail is a little prominent for the shoe and even subtle emery board tricks do not work.
Extra nail polish has helped on occasions.
We all have to live with our deformities.:)