PDA

View Full Version : Longest Time Wearing High Heels

Katie83
07-07-2012, 05:03 AM
I love wearing high heels. I have done for as long as i can remember!
I've always been keen to see how long i can wear them for on any one occasion, having to take them off is usually dictated by family coming home etc.
So far the longest period i've been able to wear a pair for is about 7.5 hours when i went to a fancy dress party as Katie. I wore 3.5 inch stilletto boots, i was dressed as Batgirl.
I can't understand why gg's complain about heels being uncomfortable, i found mine really comfy, the longer i wore them the better they got! I didn't want to take them off.
What is the longest continuous amount of time you girls have worn heels for? What were they? And did you find them comfortable at the end the day?
Katie

debbeelee1
07-07-2012, 05:14 AM
I think I can go about 4 hours tops and then my feet start hurting when I wear heels. These include some pretty tall platforms and 4.5" pumps.

Roberta Young
07-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Katie, about eight hours 4 inch red peep toe (with red pedicure of course) , and it seems to help with back pain. Luv Roberta

Sally24
07-07-2012, 07:38 AM
About 11 hours. I have a few pairs that are around 3-4" that I can wear that long.

Rachel M
07-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I think heel height and style will determine the length of time. I have some i can go nonstop on my feet for 8-10 hours and others only 3-4 hour before needing to have a seat.

TxKimberly
07-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I often have 12 hour days when traveling. I've also had a couple of 18 hour days when flights were canceled or delayed.
Shoes are very much an individual thing, with some heels being so comfortable that I would prefer them over my sneakers. On the other hand I have had heels that I gave away because they hurt my feet in only minutes.
If you are going to be spending a lot of time on your feet in heels, you really aren't doing yourself any favors if you go cheap. I finally banned myself from Payless, because all of the shoes I bought there turned out to be the "hurts in only minutes" variety. Take a trip to Macy's and look on their sales rack and you can find killer shoes for about $40 that you can actually stand to wear all day. Trust me, it's worth the $20 more to buy a decent pair instead of the Payless stuff.

jillleanne
07-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Probably 12-14 hours but I was cheating. I went to bed with them on and woke with them on.

RenneB
07-07-2012, 10:00 AM
It all depends on which pair I have on. My favorite 4" black pumps I can go for a long walk around the mall and shopping for about 5 to 6 hours. My 4" strappies are a different story. Something about that baby toe and the strap just don't work together. Love the look but they're a pair to wear for too long. I've just picked up a pair of 3" closed toe softies. No click clacking on the mall floor just blendin in. Now those I can wear forever, but I'll always want to wear the high heel pumps....

Renne.....

kimdl93
07-07-2012, 11:21 AM
It have to admit, after a couple of hours on my feet, I am ready to kick off my heels. It helps if I can sit occasionally.

Karren H
07-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I once wore 10" heels for 486 days straight! :D

MsEva
07-07-2012, 11:28 AM
4 inch boots for about 7 hours but that was just driving en femme.
Hate to think about walking in them for the same amount of time

Stephanie47
07-07-2012, 11:29 AM
When my wife takes out of state trips I found myself able to be en femme for 24/7 for seven to ten days. During that time I would be wearing four inch heels for all my time awake. I had no problems wearing any of the heels I have with the exception of two pairs of five inch heels. The five inch heels alter my stance too much and put strain on the back and leg muscles. However, when I have taken evening walks on concrete, I have found my feet will begin to hurt after twenty minutes or so. I think it is combination of the hard surface and the plain fact women's heels are not supportive for walking on hard surfaces for a long time. Walking distances is not the same as milling around a carpeted floor at a house party or the office. Hence, when I was still working I saw many women wearing flats or carrying their heels and wearing athletic shoes until arriving at the office.

MsEva
07-07-2012, 11:33 AM
yeah, four inch heels are sort of my cut off point

Rachel Renee
07-07-2012, 01:18 PM
My longest amount of time wearing heels was this past Monday. I spent almost the whole day shopping, walking around the mall, then out to a meet up with our group. In all, I spent about twelve hours in those shoes. They are my Dexter pumps that I got from Payless and they have a three inch heel with a flexible sole. And no, by the end of the day they weren't super comfy. And I really felt it the next day. That being said, I would not hesitate to wear them all day again.

STACY B
07-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Ive worn um off an on for awhile ,,Not real long ,, But I rememeber about a year ago ..I got a pair of wedge boots an they could pass if ya didn't stare at em ,,I was in drab,, An I wore um all day ,,An Ill tell ya what ,,,For all you girls who havent ever done it for a long time ,,It hurts ,,lol,, Ya just dont know that your leg musles are not ready for a pair of heels for a while ,,Cuz I swore um off for a week or so ,, OUCH,,,, Im back now ,,,lol,,,,

AKKaren
07-07-2012, 02:30 PM
:battingeyelashes:My experience with heels goes way back several decades. At first, like most of us, I bought sexy strappy sandals and "FMP's"....they look good, but they're murder on most peoples feet! As I evolved I started buying 4 inch or lower quality made shoes from brands that are known for comfort and good style. These I can wear for a whole day with little or no problem. I had a wonderful evening out in Portland, Oregon last week where I was on my feet for almost 12 hours and had no discomfort at all.
Quality and a shoe that fits properly is the secret to happy feet!

Karen Elizabeth:D

RainyNightGirl
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Only managed about 6 hours and that involved walking on the sidewalks and malls, and a bit of driving around too. The hardest thing for me is uneven side walks, in 3-3/4 inch pumps any slight bump on the sidewalk can hurt. But I also agree with Stephanie it is much harder to walk on concrete, but I love the sound of the click and that makes up for it. Oooh heels, is there anything better.....

Hugs, Natasha x

LIKETODRESS2
07-07-2012, 03:01 PM
about 6 hours the wre about 2 inch not a long time but it was fun

BLUE ORCHID
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
H Katie, I think about 8 to 10 hours is the longeat peroid in 4"ers.

Teri Ray
07-07-2012, 06:49 PM
MMMM let me think............I figure I am good for about 4-5 hours. But the time I can stay in heels competes with the time I can stand to wear clip on ear
rings. Having said that it is always a great 4-5 hours being enfemme

Diana Bain
07-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi Katie, about 4 to 5 hours in 4" heels and about 7 to 8 minutes in 6" stilettoe thigh high boots:devil:

Helen_Highwater
07-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I suppose you'd call it cheating but for my longest period wearing heels started when I left the house at 10:00'ish and got back at 01:00 'ish the following morning so some 15 hours. I say cheating because;
1 It included a lot of driving
2 I changed from one pair of boots to another about half way through (both were 2 1/2 - 3" heels).
My feet felt OK which I put down to not being too high and as Kimberly advises I didn't buy cheap so they gave good support.

prene
07-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Mike were maybe 3 1/4" boots ... for 4-5 hours. They hurt bad. I want smaller feet so I wear maybe one size smaller than I really need.

I hate my big feet.

Diane Smith
07-08-2012, 02:02 AM
I wear heels for a full waking day (16 - 18 hours) regularly. I probably don't walk as far in them as TXKim, though. It's nice if I can take a barefoot break (and a nap!) of an hour or so during the day sometime. When I know I'll be out all day, I like to pick out two or three pairs that will work with my outfit, and change shoes from time to time so the specific pressure points on my feet move around a little bit, but I can't always do that. I very seldom wear less than 4" heels and have a couple of 5" pairs that are comfortable enough to go a full day in. Like Kimberly, I don't buy cheap shoes, and prefer genuine leather (with leather soles if possible) for the best chance they will be comfortable and long lasting. Still, there are plenty of specific shoes in my collection that are not suitable for a full day out. I pretty quickly cull the ones that hurt almost immediately (and I'm buying a lot less of those in the first place now that I'm doing more in-store shopping than online), but have many cute ones that are good for a few hours but can't necessarily make it from morning to bedtime.

- Diane

LisaMallon
07-08-2012, 04:17 AM
I love my Ros Hommersons, I have two pairs, low heels (2.5") but I can wear and walk in them all day.
I will be getting more.

Got some 4" I can't wear more than an hour, but have a pair of 5" that I have no problems wearing all night.
And another pair of flats which are agony (must throw them out).

So much depends on the fit.