PDA

View Full Version : I had to smile today.

KlaireLarnia
07-09-2012, 01:35 PM
On Sunday I had to drive about 200 miles for a business trip today (staying overnight) and then drive home today. As normal when I travel away I do not wear male clothes other than for the meeting (as that is work and obviously rules apply then). While I have a male zip-up jumper in the back of the car at all times, I am in female clothing otherwise.

Sunday I left (covered in the male jumper as I would rather my neighbours did not see me in a female top). The only male items being worn where my wedding ring, a ring from my daughter saying "Dad" and my necklace which is a unisex St Christopher. Otherwise everything else was female. Due to the distance I had to stop twice for comfort breaks and to get a drink/snack.

I walked into the motorway services wearing blue skinny jeans, white trainers with bright pink piping (Obviously female), a white scooped neck female top with back stripes, black cardigan and my shoulder bag with my purse and other belongings in it.

Other than odd looks when I was in the male toilets (I do not wear make up or try and present as female. I look like what I really am - a man in female clothing and I always use male toilets due to this) no big issues. Odd stares but nothing too bad. Got to the hotel, the female staff member was totally unfazed by me and treated me perfectly correctly calling me "sir" despite my bag and clothes. Similarly this morning at breakfast the gentleman who was on duty treated me the same. I expect to be called "sir", "Mate", "Pal", "Buddy" etc when I am out and about in female clothes, as I am male so these terms apply to me. Absolute perfection from the staff at the hotel.

Did what I had to do, got back to the car and changed out of my suit and back into my jeans but this time an orange low-cut t-shirt with a striped hooded sweatshirt to wear if needed. Off I drive home, get caught in traffic so have to make an early stop. As it was raining I put the top on to cover my t-shirt but walked in bag in hand but reasonably comfortable with myself (always a little wary as there are always children about and they more than anything bother me as I have a child myself).

While there I go and get a snack in the shop and get my lunch later so I could clear the traffic chaos on the motorway. While in there I overheard a comment from a woman to (what I assume was her friend) which went "Look he has a bag" followed by laughing. I smiled at this only because that to me said she was not bothered by me being in women's clothes, it was the BAG that was the issue! I'm sorry, but if that is all that was wrong how I looked then I have nothing to worry about at all (well other than perhaps needing a new bag :) ).

On my other stop I got the normal few weird looks but again nothing bad and nothing overheard. Heck even sat in Burger King at the services to eat my lunch rather than in my car as wanted to relax a moment. Again odd stares as I got up and left but nothing out of the ordinary. After all not that often you see a man in female clothing in a busy service station on a major motorway is it?

So as it goes this was another good trip. Normal reactions where I expected them, one funny (albeit a little rude comment) but it was fine.

Just thought I would share this with you all. I have another trip coming up either later this week or next week. Kinda hoping it will go ahead so I can try out a new bag I will get for it :)

kimdl93
07-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Isn't it funny what some people notice. All in all, a good trip and a great attitude on your part.

Cynthia Anne
07-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Love your attitude Klaire! Sounds like all in all you had a wonderful trip! That's the way it should be! There's nothing better then enjoying your life! Have fun!