PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when...

Rogina B
07-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I am out and about most everywhere,a lot. I blend in well and sometimes actually get by many people without a second glance. Nothing normally bothers me,and I enjoy giving a great smile back. However,it does annoy me when "the astute observer" [the one that happened to make you],goes out of their way to let all their "less than astute observer" groupmates know that"in fact,there is a tranny right there amongst us"...look,you will see!!! lol Happened a couple of times this past weekend.. Not sure what the alpha observer gains from all of this. It sure is a lot classier when a woman just gives you a knowingly smile. And many guys never notice a thing...dressed and looks like a girl,so it must be one...

Kathi Lake
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
I was at a mall about a year ago. As I passed a guy in one of the kiosks, he did the double-take and called out to someone as I passed. I realized that it was the guy at the next kiosk. That guy looked at me (most likely guided by lots of gesturing and pointing from the first guy) and looked at me. I smiled and said "What's up, dude?" He smiled and said "Hey. What's up?" I walked on past.

And the problem is? . . .

Look, what we do isn't exactly considered as average behavior. If we put ourselves out there, we have to assume that this will happen - sometimes a lot. Understand and plan for that, and you'll be fine. Brush it off. Heck, many of them probably wish they were as bold as us.

:)

Kathi

Rogina B
07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I just enjoy the knowingly smiles,rather than the childish reactions...And many teenagers handles us with more manners..

Kathi Lake
07-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I just enjoy the knowingly smiles,rather than the childish reactions...And many teenagers handles us with more manners..True, perhaps. But in a world that is as variable as ours - with a range of people that wear anything from what they're 'supposed to' to, well, . . . us - you're going to have a range of reactions. Honestly, I can't blame them too much. Again, we are the ones currently outside the norm.

Kathi

Cynthia Anne
07-09-2012, 04:47 PM
It sure can be annoying, that's for sure! I think Kathi has the right and great attitude on it! Hugs!

BobbieBrooks
07-09-2012, 09:57 PM
I am out and about most everywhere,a lot. I blend in well and sometimes actually get by many people without a second glance. Nothing normally bothers me,and I enjoy giving a great smile back. However,it does annoy me when "the astute observer" [the one that happened to make you],goes out of their way to let all their "less than astute observer" groupmates know that"in fact,there is a tranny right there amongst us"...look,you will see!!! lol Happened a couple of times this past weekend.. Not sure what the alpha observer gains from all of this. It sure is a lot classier when a woman just gives you a knowingly smile. And many guys never notice a thing...dressed and looks like a girl,so it must be one...
Yep, me to.

BobbieB

NathalieX66
07-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Personally, I just don't care.
The bottom line is the more of us are out & about, the more we become part of the social fixture, and people get used to it.
If people want to gawp, and be entertained, then let them. They'll actually have something to talk about in their boring lives.
Life is too short to worry about what other people think.

I've often been in large crowds, with lots of kids, and virtually no one pays attention to me. But when I do get a look, I just smile right back.

Vickie_CDTV
07-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Many years ago I had a similar experience. I was at a mall near closing time dressed, just walking around a bit. A college age guy and his girlfriend were sitting at a bench and saw me and smiled looked like they were about to giggle. As I walked past them again he goes "Hey, what's up?" in a distinctly male way. I just gave them a little wave and kept walking. It kind of hurt my feelings, knowing I didn't pass and was so obvious. In their defense, they probably haven't seen many trans people out and about in their lives and were really surprised (and a bit amused knowing no better), and didn't do or say anything malicious.

Eryn
07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Of course, depending upon your level of self-confidence, you could walk right up to the offending teens and say, in your best femme voice:

"Do you know how hurtful your actions are? In a few years you won't be as attractive as you are now and I hope that you remember this moment when *you're* the lady that children are laughing at!"

Then walk away. Leave 'em guessing! :)

jillleanne
07-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I hear you. I simply do not get the 'need' to go into all the hoopla they go into. I suppose they have not much else to do and therefore, or they live simple lives so their simple brains are energized by this, who knows. I suspect they are sexually inadequate at home so the macho thing works for them when in a group.
I don't get read often but when I do, it's usually the teen girls and they always have a comment for each other. Just teens being their cruel selves. I just brush it off as life and carry on. Somehow I suspect they must admire me in some small way or why did they take notice in the first place? Glad I could make their day.

EllieOPKS
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Jilleanne - I think all the hoopla is because it's something they don't see every day or even every couple of years. If someday it is common place to see a lot of CD'rs on the streets you won't get a second glance. Right now it's kinda like seeing a hot air balloon. They've been around for hundreds of years but you don't see many. When you do you point them out to who ever is close. Only a few of them wonder if they could shoot them down with spit wads.
Ellie

sissystephanie
07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
As many of you already know, since my dear wife passed away 7 years ago I have adopted the policy of going out in public fully dressed enfemme but looking like the man that I am. I am terrible with makeup and fixing a wig so I don't bother with either. I do get "looks" and sometimes a remark or two, but I ignore it all. I dress to please myself, not anybody else. If you don't like the way I look, don't look at me!!

kimdl93
07-10-2012, 10:46 AM
There have only been a few times when I really captured someone's attention. I remember one occasion in particular...the woman locked on about 50 feet away and never took her eyes off me. I tried the usual disarming smile but got no response. It left a lasting impression on me because it punctured any illusion I might have had about passing. Still, it was a rare occurrence and really not all that adverse. As Kathi says, we are unusual to the average person, so some reactions are inevitable, but as Natalie points out, as more of us are out there, we become more commonplace and less noteworthy.

STACY B
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
I always blow um a kiss ,,, An that more than likely turns them away ,,Man or woman or child ,, Killem with kindness ,,,Cuz those Macho guy are just going to go home an ROB the clothes line of the next door neighbor ,,,lol,,, Or get into there sister or moms or girl friends panty drawer an have a little play time ,,lol,,, So laugh if ya want ,,Girly girl Im way ahead of you ,,,Ha,,,,Ha,,,, Kiss my wedges ,,,,, An Ill just run away ,,Like a GIRL of corse !!!!!

Beverley Sims
07-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I remember talking to a girl early in her transition.
I knew what she was and I used to speak to her as a male.
Others did not know I knew and I made out I did not believe them.
It was an unusual support for this girl as we could joke quietly as to how we led others along.
She knew people talked about her and others were confused when I would appear to have long social interaction with her.
She was still going by her male name although when we talked together it was usually about her progress through the malestorm...
Eventually she looked better and today she fades into the crowd as a pleasant young lady.
Nobody notices anymore.

Stephanie47
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
In my state cross dressers, gays and lesbians and other sexual minorities are protected under hate crime legislation. These groups are protected in housing and employment and access. It amazing to me that the same people who feel aggrieved by others discriminating against them or casting dispersions toward them are so quick to do the same to sexual minorities.

Kathi Lake
07-10-2012, 03:06 PM
In my state cross dressers, gays and lesbians and other sexual minorities are protected under hate crime legislation.I doubt that crossdressers are protected, or even talked about at all, under legislation as we are nowhere near a sexual minority. And what these people are doing - nudging their neighbor or smiling knowingly at you - would not be considered a hate crime.

Kathi