PDA

View Full Version : Finally did it!

Stephanie59
07-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks to all the confidence you all have instilled to me, I finally decided to try and go out into the world as Stephanie. Not that brave yet, so I went out for a 30 minue drive tonight under the cover of darkness. It felt fantastic to be out driving while dressed...a whole new set of feelings.
I have included how I was dressed....WARNING: I do not know how to do makeup so I did not wear any.....I wish I had the skills for makeup like some of you other girls. I had no issues except for the first 10 minutes your mind wanders and the little voice starts talking to you.....What happens if the car breaks down? Can the other drivers see you? What if I get a flat? What if I get pulled over?
Well nothing happened, it was a drive just as if I were in drab. Thanks to all you girls that post and give encouragement. I think you can be proud of me tonight.
Love
Stephanie

Sophia Claire
07-10-2012, 12:50 AM
VERY PROUD! Congratulations! That's a big step! If you're unclear on how to do makeup, youtube has some fantastic tutorials. I'll track some of them down and try to post the links this evening.

Kaz
07-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Very proud indeed! Doesn't it feel just awesome? And liberating?

Eryn
07-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to be outside! :)

Makeup isn't all that hard. A really good basic tutorial made with CDers in mind can be found on the Janets Closet website. Janet covers it all, step by step, including those special steps needed to deal with beard shadow. It's a great starting point.

Stephanie59
07-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Thanks
That is why I love this forum.....all the encouragment and help.
Stephanie

Cynthia Anne
07-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Great job Stephanie! You look nice! If you can see the other drivers they can see you! Who cares! Police are out there! They've seen it all! Just drive right! Not to worry! I've been stoped a few times! Not to worry! Car trouble happens! It's happen to me! Wrecker drivers have seen it all too! I know this 'cause I was one! It's no big deal! Just have fun! Hugs girl!

erickka
07-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Congrats! It will only get easier from now on.Don't worry too much about $#!t happening. As Cynthia said, most people who provide help on the roadways have seen it all!

BobbieBrooks
07-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Congrats Stephanie, Very proud of you!!! I started the same way, now go and fill up the tank!! Keeps the heart beating! LOL Alot of what we fear is just fear its self. Will get easier each time out, so enjoy.

BobbieB

linda allen
07-10-2012, 05:49 AM
That's great and that's how I started, driving at night. Next, get out of the car and walk in a park or shopping area. Soon, you'll be walking on the sidewalks downtown.

For backup, carry "boy" clothing in a bag so you can change back if you need to.

Jeanna
07-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Congradulations, didn't that feel wonderful? You now realize it's time to learn the makeup and take it to the next level :)

ronda
07-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Hi Stephanie congrads on going out it is very exciting to get in the car and go for a ride. now it will not be as hard to step out the front door dressed Hugs Ronda

Traceyjo
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Well done Stephanie, it feels wonderful doesn't it. Once you start getting out, you just want to do it more and are prepared to be more daring each time. So far I haven't had the courage to be out in public to the extent that everyone can see me clearly but I have lots of walks around the streets after dark , even walking around the shops in the main street with a few people around, just keeping enough distance not to be recognised. I also go out at times just after dawn, sometimes walking along the beach. Next step would be to a shoppng mall when it is open but still trying to work up the courage.

RainyNightGirl
07-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Well done Stephanie, a heart felt well done. As a suggestion, may be next time you may want to consider going to an ATM, just park the car next to the bank and get out and walk a few metres to the ATM.

Good luck
Natasha
x

AndreaS
07-10-2012, 07:54 AM
I love hearing these stories of gals overcoming their fears and enjoying themselves. I'm so glad you didn't wait until you were a pro with makeup in order to get out there and have fun! It will take some time to develop your makeup skills, but that shouldn't stop you from getting out there and doing your own thing right now.

I bet you'll be back out there in no time after such a successful outing.

STACY B
07-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Congrats Stephanie, Very proud of you!!! I started the same way, now go and fill up the tank!! Keeps the heart beating! LOL Alot of what we fear is just fear its self. Will get easier each time out, so enjoy.

BobbieB Not one dam time that I have EVER been dressed has the dam truck had GAS in it ,,, No matter if I want to get gas or not dressed like a lady ,,Ita always empty,, Then ya GOTTA GET some ,,,Doh !!! In my own HOOD ,,, :o Thats where my avitar came from ,,,, Leave me alone I just want to get gas an go ,,,,LOL,,,

Lorenqt
07-10-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm so happy for you. The best way to get started is with "baby steps".:clap:

Chari
07-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Congrats - One giant leap for you! Also, did you notice the world did not end! The more you go out, the more you will gain confidence and feel comfortable being Stephanie. Enjoy.

Mizz Nyla
07-10-2012, 10:04 AM
So very brave, I am a bit envious. But, wow! Good for you!

kimdl93
07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
congratulations Stephanie. Now watch some youtubes on make up, get to a MAC or other cosmetics counter and start practicing your makeup. Pretty soon you'll be out in the daylight!

Beverley Sims
07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
May the sun shine on you on your next outing.:)

SANDRA MICHELLE
07-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Good for you, and you looked great doing it. Make-up is an ongoing learning curve, even for GG's. Practice doesn't make perfect but practice does help.

bobbie c
07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
nice stephanie!...fun isn't it?? try going to an LBGT friendly club next.....you'll love it