PDA

View Full Version : Help me pursue a dream....

Jessica86
07-10-2012, 04:21 AM
I had an interesting conversation with my wife. She submitted some pictures to a modeling agency. I told her to because she has always wanted to be one. Before going to work, I told her I am tired of working so much and not being happy with what I do. So, when she said "What do you want to be doing in five years?". I told her I would love to be modeling with her as Jessica. She absolutely loved the idea, and told me I should try. I am wondering how to even apply. I know I'm not the best looking person out there, and Jessica (like most girls) doesn't think she's model material. I have had dreams of modeling on a runway more and more. This being brought up today is almost a sign to me. The bery least they can say is no. What are your thoughts? I searched and read about Suddenlyfem. They aren't hiring right now. Also, I would love to do it for the simple fact I can reach out to some younger dressers. Maybe help them enjoy their feminine side like I have instead of living a life of secrecy.

NitaCD
07-10-2012, 04:47 AM
If you don't try you won't know . MtF modeling has been done before and from what I can see from your pictures I would say you have a better than average chance at success. A husband and wife team mite be just the ticket also. I think it would be great if you were able to reach the younger crossdressers and maybe help to make things better for them. Good luck, and keep us informed.

Jolene Robertson
07-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Jessica, No one can say NO if you don't ask. At least you will have tried, "it is better to have tried and failed than never have tried at all" you never know and you are sure to learn a lot. Have fun and good luck.

Hugs
Jolene

Jessica86
07-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Thanks ladies! The thing that is troubling me is that I have no idea on where I can apply or how. Lol.

ReineD
07-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Google modeling agencies in your area. I think you have to pay a fee and they put together a portfolio for you so that you can submit your pics to people who hire models. My ex had a friend who tried to make a go at an acting career about 20 years ago, and the fee for a portfolio was pretty steep.

Stitch
07-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Becareful of the companies that make you pay to be a model. I hear lots of people get taken advantage of here in England by such companies. Decent modelling companies will pay you. That is of course unless your happy to pay for the opportunity?

I'd say definitely go for it. If you don't ask then the answer is always going to be no. :)

Cynthia Anne
07-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Persue your dreams girl! Don't be like me and wait 'til you're too darn old! The wife and husband team sounds appealing! Go for it! Hugs!

Mollyanne
07-10-2012, 06:20 AM
What is it you want to model????? There are soooo many sub catagories like hands, shoes, hosiery, skirts. You name it there is a catagory for it. If you truly want to do this , try contacting Tiffany Amber Rhoades (Suddenly Femme)and ask her how she got started.

Molly

ronda
07-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Hi Jessica good luck with your dream when someone says you can't do that you have to say yes i can and keep trying you can make it happen if you realy want it so find an agent and go for it Hugs Ronda

jillleanne
07-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Most larger centres have an agency you can go to and they will get you started, do some training etc., depending what you want. A very tough industry to break into successfully.

Bree Wagner
07-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Follow those dreams Jessica! It's a great goal to be able to help some of the younger or more closeted people. As you said, the worst anyone can say is no. And having your wife's support in this is amazing. If nothing else, the experience could be very rewarding for the two of you.

Good luck,
Bree

STACY B
07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
To hell with Modeling ,, Sounds like a Good reality show ,,, Thats more like it these days ,,, My Girl Husband lived my Dream ,,,, A Models Story !!

Cheryl T
07-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Go for it....if it's your dream then reach for the sky.

Beverley Sims
07-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I had the opportunity years ago to model dresses in fashion shows for local botiques.
Usually at a charity function. Once you are in you are in.
There used to be a lot of interest in seeing how well a man can carry the illusion of being a woman.
It brings the curious in to the fold and generally is successful.
Make the gig light hearted, you have fun doing what you are doing and the botique usually sells the dresses you are wearing becacuse they are the ones that were NOTICED!

RainyNightGirl
07-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I say go for it, the worse they can say is no. But you may get a lot more than that out it. The destination may be no, but perhaps the journey will be a lot of fun. Go for it girl!

kimdl93
07-10-2012, 03:08 PM
One of our members is young, very attractive and does a good deal of professional modeling. I've visited her web portfolio and been impressed the the range of projects and the number of photographers she's worked with. I don't recall her name, but one perhaps someone here will and you can touch base with her. She could certainly offer some tips on getting into the business - for both you and your wife.

Jessica86
07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank you all for helping! I will try to get ahold of those you gals talked about. I hope it goes well.

KateSpade83
07-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I look pretty in real life but I'm not photogenic. I was scoped out by modeling agents while shopping at Water Tower but when they looked at their iphone photos of me they said, "Why does it look like a man?"