PDA

View Full Version : Making an effort.

Kimberlyfaye
07-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I was wondering if anyone has this issue. I find that when I want to dress on the rare occasion I actually have time, I just lack the motivation to do it. I feel like it's too much effort.

And it's not that I don't want to. Give me the opportunity to dress everyday and I would take it without hesitation. I just feel like it's not worth it for a few hours.

If anyone else feels this way, how do you cope with it?

RainyNightGirl
07-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Hi Mikayla,

I have the same feelings, sometimes is gone 11pm by the time I get to dress and I really want time to do my make up and then when all is done its 'all dressed up and no-where to go'. The alternative is to only partly dress, which used to do it for me but not anymore - I just do not feel the point of dressing without make-up. I do all the shaving in the shower every day, when my legs, arms and chest are shaved I feel feminine and so I want to dress fully.

I really sympathise and understand because I am wondering if this could be part of my internal struggles and confusion just now. So to answer how I cope with it, truthfully I don't, its on my mind all of the time.

Hugs
Natasha
x

sonna
07-10-2012, 07:48 AM
not me when i was in the closet if a had 15mins i would be dressed in 5mins wear it for 5min and undress
for the last 5.

Cynthia Anne
07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I dress daily! But rarely wear full makeup for the same reason unless I'm going somewhere!

Karren H
07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Oh Yeah.... Dressing for a few hours just doesn't work for me any more. Unless I can dress for the day.... Or two... Then I don't....

sissystephanie
07-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Since I prefer to wear feminine clothes, I do so whenever I can! I am a widower and live alone so I can dress pretty much whenever I feel like it. With my dear wife no longer available to do the work, I no longer wear makeup or a wig, but I still go out dressed enfemme! Almost every day!!

STACY B
07-10-2012, 11:05 AM
not me when i was in the closet if a had 15mins i would be dressed in 5mins wear it for 5min and undress
for the last 5.

Im with on this one ,,,When I was in the ol closet ,,,Any time I could get the house all alone was a good a time as any ,,, Like ya say if just for a min,,, Took the preasure off ,,It dont worry me anymore ,,Cuz I finaly found the soloution ? Stay DRESSED ,,,, Day an Nite !!! If Im not dressed Im taking a shower !

xdressed
07-10-2012, 11:09 AM
This is a recurring problem for me, the closest I have gotten is dressing when I get the chance and just staying up even later than I normally would, which doesn't really help overall. From what I understand you're partly out of the closest though, so I guess you just have to wait till you get that chance to go out properly.

Debra Russell
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
A few minutes just dosn't cut it for me - consequently dressing is limited - need a few hours at least, if not just dream about it or come here.......................Debra

cindybabe
07-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Me too unless i can dress for the whole day or evening it doesn't seem worth the effort:sad:

Beverley Sims
07-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Must be a full moon people are not caring about dressing and taking a spell from it.
There are two similar threads at the moment.
To answer the question.
Some times I have lacked motivation especially if it is only for a short time.
I get enough extended periods to not think about periods of less than a day.:)
You become more adept and fortune goes your way the longer you work at it.

Stephanie47
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Yep, two threads at the same time. Unless I have at least six plus hours of femme time, I do not feel the need to dress. It's a matter of relaxation and stress relief. How can being en femme relieve stress, if you're worrying about time constraints? I want to have time to sit down, eat breakfast, read the paper, do chores peruse eBay for new purchases and basically have a full day of relaxation. When I was a teenager I would quickly dress in my mom's clothing and watch for her return from the apartment window. If I saw her coming from shopping, I make a mad dash to take off her clothes. Thank God the side zippers of her 1950's dress never snagged!

KellyJameson
07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
For myself motivation and personal freedom are inextricably linked so limits imposed on me either by myself or others steal the enjoyment and understanding of any activity, both of which are necessary if I wish to continue pursuing them.

I no longer crossdress going from one realm to another but blend both worlds to "suit" my own tastes, needs and desires. Presenting to the outside world becomes an after thought as my inner world seeks expression so you stop "acting" and "become" not a man or woman but "you" and the closer you move toward becoming you the more vital your life expression is (you become happy) by being genuine as defined by you and no one else. You learn from others but they do not define you.

This moves you from emulating an image birthed in your imagination that is separate from yourself to becoming a reflection of what you already are but have not discovered (created).

Crossdressing (as all of life) is an existential experience so the more you dispense with falsehood the less you are an echo of someone else.

The paradox is that you must be consciously false (with intent) so by choice "role play" to discover your own nature "truth" buried in your subconscious (unknown so expressed unknowingly) and to play a role requires an audience so you must share your dressing with others to escape the gender prison you were placed in by others that is stealing your freedom (happiness).

We are imprisoned in are own minds by others and so need others to break out of this prison.

ClaudiaDawn
07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Absolutely. I am somewhat new to get fully dressed and it does take me a long time to get ready, sometimes the opportunity is too short to be worth the effort.