PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm ready to go full time.

Melissa Jill
07-10-2012, 12:55 PM
All my friends outside of work know apart from 1. My parents and siblings know, a few friends at work know, human resources know, my manager knows.
I feel a lot more confident in myself lately, I've been going out in public more to get more experience. Last night when I went out I didn't fret too much apart from when I was walking past a group of teenagers.

I've had 3 sessions of laser hair removal on my face and I would estimate at least 40% of the hair is gone. I have my first voice therapy session on Friday, but I'm not too worried about my voice as I won't be interacting with customers where I work, only colleagues.

I feel ready. I have a date set. August 27th. I could do it sooner, but I've only just told my sister I'm TG and want to give her some time to deal with it. Plus I haven't told my extended family. And by waiting until August 27th I can squeeze in 2 more sessions of laser hair removal.
I also need to buy a lot of clothes and shoes because Ive realised I don't own enough to go full-time.

kimdl93
07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I wish you the very best of luck going forward, Melissa. It seems like there are a few potential bumps in the road up ahead, but as long as you see them coming (such as coming out to the parents and extended family) and are prepared to cope with the possible difficulties, then more power to you.

Jorja
07-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I wish you all the best. Do you remember going to the amusement park and riding the rollercoaster? After your set date hold on real tight for a while because that is what it will be like. Once all the big deal is over it will become "normal". Be happy!

Bree-asaurus
07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
I wish you all the best. Do you remember going to the amusement park and riding the rollercoaster? After your set date hold on real tight for a while because that is what it will be like. Once all the big deal is over it will become "normal". Be happy!

That's funny because I had quite a different experience. The roller coaster for me was before going full-time because I would go back and forth between being myself and being too afraid. Once I went full-time... it was just like... "Ohh... so it's really not as scary as I thought... this is quite... normal and boring" :P

Of course I'm unemployed, so there's no work-related transition or anything... *sigh*

RachelZ
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Aw hun! I'm so proud of you! Its wonderful to hear you're making such great progress :hugs:

Joanna Maguire
07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I live full time as a woman> Yes you need lots of clothing and shoes> A good way to start is to get rid of all your male drab clothing all you can wear then is your girls gear