PDA

View Full Version : Which look do you prefer?

Lawren
09-13-2004, 06:41 AM
I'm just curious to know which style is the most popular. I like Classy lady best but Hot-n-Sexy is a very close second place.

Amelie
09-13-2004, 07:29 AM
I had to vote other. I don't know how to catagorize the way I prefer to look.
I guess I would call it the Mad Max Trash look?? Or anything you might see in a graveyard at night, would be my look.
Love Amelie

t12117174
09-13-2004, 08:29 AM
eeeeeeeeee hee hee hee hee

I picked them all. :-D

XO! -t.

Jennifer_Ph
09-13-2004, 08:33 AM
How about classy and sexy? That's what I go for anyway.

jessicadiane
09-13-2004, 08:50 AM
I would constitute myself as dressing classy. I love the businesswoman look consisting of blouses,skirts,dresses,pantyhose,and classic high heel pumps.I am a modest and conservative yet elegant woman :)

LaurenAnne
09-13-2004, 08:56 AM
I've been into femme businesswear since I was but a lad & raided my first skirt suit from Mom's closet. :) I *love* that look, always have. Seeing a nicely decked out "GG" businesswoman never fails to catch my "attention". ;) So I guess I'll be checking "classy" w/ a small side of "sexy".

Jen_TGCD
09-13-2004, 01:15 PM
I checked the Classy Lady category... mostly because I'm too old to be "Sexy"!!! :( The Little Girl thing doesn't work for me and my male clothing are what I consider a Costume.

I'm a Coldwater Creek type of dresser... buy most of my outfits there now... during their sales, of course. I'm not in the tax bracket where I can spend $90 for a blouse. Good quality clothing and stylish enough for a middle-aged, full-figured, gal. Nice slacks, too. I like how they put clothes together for you... slacks, belt, blouse and jacket... or dress and accessories. Have bought some nice $20 shoes there, too.

www.coldwatercreek.com (http://www.coldwatercreek.com/)
---Jen---------

Amber_Chgo
09-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Classy for work.

Hot and Sexy for after work.

Amber

Rachel Ann
09-13-2004, 01:29 PM
My favorite is demure so I chose both "classy" and "other". Rachel (my anima even before I discovered my CD side) has always been a sort of "before" version of Cinderella.

eleventhdr
09-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Yes Little girl the most!. It is what I have always wanted to be now that I know what it would mean to be so!.

windycissy
09-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Classy lady is the pick for serious passing. Real women come in all shapes and sizes, which is why the fashion industry has come up with all sorts of ingenious ways to conceal a spare tire or a flabby arm. And I'm not talking about stretch pants or muu muus here - a smart skirt with a well cut jacket will do wonders for any girl's figure. If crossdressers took advantage of these tricks the way real women do, a lot more of us would be able to pass. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Rachel Ann
09-13-2004, 04:35 PM
eleventh - I like the look too but shy away from it for fear of being taking for a perv. Now the early 20's look - that I just *love*.

Windy - I basically agree with you but some of us are just too old to get away with some of those things. I don't have a problem with accepting that I will *never* pass (although I still wish it were possible). Maybe I can get someone to take me to a CD gathering someday *dreams*

Vallari
09-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Hot-n-sexy all the way! :D

kristi cd
09-13-2004, 05:48 PM
I'd like to dress as sexy as I can for the situation and still be classy. That makes sense huh? :rolleyes:

Amelie
09-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Sure Kristi, it makes sense, sort of like Raquel Welch or Sophia Loren would dress.
As far as passing goes, it depends where you go. The classy lady look is good for some places, but if you came to the clubs I go to dressed like a classy lady you would be read before you entered the door. It is what your enviorment is, there are many different styles of women out there, so there should be many different styles of CDs, it goes to reason. Passing is not so much a look as it is an attitude, if you are confident in your look, you will pass.

Love Amelie

Shy Charlotte
09-14-2004, 01:54 AM
Hmm, had to go with the "Little Girl" designation on this one, since it was the closest one to the Gothic Lolita look I've been shooting for, as well as the punky school girl I sometimes try to get away with. I've been having a dress made, and kinda had something like an all black version of Alice's dress in Alice in Wonderland, although having a hell of a time finding a petticoat in my price bracket that'll make the skirt look like a mushroom cap. Not really sure how well I pull off the Lolita look though, since I haven't seen any cute looking gothic lolitas standing 6'4" in heels. *sigh* at least I don't have to worry about the pervs, since I'm big enough to send them into the next lifetime if need be.

pedebra
09-14-2004, 02:53 AM
I had to choose hot and sexy, although it is difficult to look that way at 60.
The classy look has always attracted me in GG's, but my dressing opportunities do not lend themselves to that.

Debra

sarah b
09-14-2004, 05:43 AM
I love little girl personally, my least favourite is hot n sexy, I guess anything not too everyday and tarty is fine by me though.
I must admit some of you ladies doing sexy carry it off so wll I have to give you 10 out of 10, but it's not for me. Costume gives lots of room for fun ( I am thinking Alice in Wonderland, wedding dresses, gothic etc)
Anyway it's whatever turns you on I guess,
lots of love,
Sarah B XXX

Shinya
09-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Hmm, had to go with the "Little Girl" designation on this one, since it was the closest one to the Gothic Lolita look I've been shooting for, as well as the punky school girl I sometimes try to get away with. I've been having a dress made, and kinda had something like an all black version of Alice's dress in Alice in Wonderland, although having a hell of a time finding a petticoat in my price bracket that'll make the skirt look like a mushroom cap. Not really sure how well I pull off the Lolita look though, since I haven't seen any cute looking gothic lolitas standing 6'4" in heels. *sigh* at least I don't have to worry about the pervs, since I'm big enough to send them into the next lifetime if need be.

I heard that Shy, and the sea of people parts before me as I enter their domain. I am Gigantic Goth, Gothic Lolita I wish @ 6'4" flat footed. Grrrr. But , then again if it is done right from hair to platforms, it surely be a (enter word or phrase here :rolleyes: ) time.

Shinya

Tonia
09-14-2004, 09:59 AM
I checked the Classy Lady category... mostly because I'm too old to be "Sexy"!!! :( The Little Girl thing doesn't work for me and my male clothing are what I consider a Costume.

I'm a Coldwater Creek type of dresser... buy most of my outfits there now... during their sales, of course. I'm not in the tax bracket where I can spend $90 for a blouse. Good quality clothing and stylish enough for a middle-aged, full-figured, gal. Nice slacks, too. I like how they put clothes together for you... slacks, belt, blouse and jacket... or dress and accessories. Have bought some nice $20 shoes there, too.

www.coldwatercreek.com (http://www.coldwatercreek.com/)
---Jen---------
I know exactly what you mean that look doesn’t work for me ether the conservative look works better and it’s classier

Shinya
09-14-2004, 03:01 PM
When you think Gothic, whats the first color you think of, Black of course.

As I looked at all the avitars in this post many of you are in black. Black is what? Are Best friend. Why? It is a slimming color.

Got Goth? ;)

Shinya

Sara Kat
09-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Hot-n-sexy all the way! :D
Woo Hoo! You know it! :p :D

CindyT
09-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Hot-N-Sexy because I'm normally alone when dressed, besides I'm just a bad gurl at heart! I bring a more conservative outfit if I decide to get some public exposure, but that is not too often.....

Cindy