PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Skin. Just the FACTS ma'am.

Wildaboutheels
07-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Since it comes up so often.

1] How many years have you had smooth legs and/or other body areas?

2] Can YOU remember being in "seriously deep thought" before doing it? Would SCARED be an accurate term?

3] How many times in X # of years if any, has anyone asked you WHY you shave?

Participation not required of course but it might give some of the ever joining newbies a little extra courage?

11, yes and once.

STACY B
07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Awwwwww about a year or so,,,Cant rememeber ,,Hell yea I thought people would bestanding outside with pitchforks an torches ,, An NOPE No one has ever sais a thing ,,I live way down south ,,Shorts 10 monthes at least or year round mostly ,,I went 3 years one time not wearing pants I swear .. In man mode ,, But no one cares ,,, Just you ,,, Maybe an Indian ,,,, WOO,,,,,WOO,,,,,WOO,,,,,

Laura912
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Almost a year for the second time. Little anxious. No body seems to notice on older people.

Cynthia Anne
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM
For more years then I care to count! Don't remember it bothering me but it sure did bother my ex! No one has ever comented on my hairless body!

UNDERDRESSER
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
About a year, briefly worried when I started doing more than the legs, ( i also "manscape" and do the belly. ) sitting here debating the chest, arms, and if can manage it, the back. One comment slightly disparaging about "racers who shave" Told her it was less about the cycling than it was "I just prefer it" ( true, and not just for the thigh highs ) Other than that, couple of comments from some ladies about nice legs.

~Joanne~
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM

I have been shaving (everything but my arms) on and off for about 10 years. Only this year have I done it year round so far.

2] Can YOU remember being in "seriously deep thought" before doing it? Would SCARED be an accurate term?

Scared is always an accurate term when you feel you are doing something that society would consider "out of the norm" Personally, I never gave it much thought past the first time and even then, I decided it was my body and I will do what I like with it.

only once have I ever had anyone notice and/or say anything. I was wearing shorts at work and a woman asked me if I shaved my legs, I turn the table and ask her why she was checking out my legs lol the subject got dropped right then ;) over all if anyone has noticed (and I have been swimming and such a lot this summer) no one has said a word or questioned it. if they do I will just say I don't like hair which is the truth for the most part.

Beverley Sims
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Hairless legs for many years, singed off fighting a wild fire. No burn damage to me just a bit hot.
Never any comments. Hairy arms are kept minimal and no comment there either.
The trick is to slowly reduce the hair and no one notices.
Just tell a lie. It's a hormone problem.
How do you make a hormone? Don't pay her.:)

UNDERDRESSER
07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
How do you make a hormone? Don't pay her.:)That took a second, then :roflmao:

And as I've just ordered a batch of new razor blades, tomorrow before going in to work, the chest, back and arms are going naked along with the legs, face and belly.

kimdl93
07-11-2012, 02:46 PM
1) more than 10 years
2) the first time I shaved I was mildly apprehensive...but my blonde body hair barely shows anyway.
3) no one has ever asked me why I have...not once.

Babette
07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
1- hairless legs and most of the body - always because I was born that way. The remainder of body below my eyelashes - about 15 years.
2. No serious thought. It's my body to do as I want.
3. Never.

DonnaT
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
1] Shaved my legs for about a year in 1975-76, more recent I've shaved since 2005.

2] No, neither time, and the first time was while I was in the Army.

3] Never

BLUE ORCHID
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Shaved legs and chest about 20years ago and never looked back
keept smooth with my eppilators.

Only my wife ever asked.

Kaz
07-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Legs on and off for 20 plus years, but permanently for over 10. Chest hair for just over 10. Total body (including arms) about 7 or 8 years. Yes I was worried at each stage. Early days I shaved my legs - was amazed - but rapidly grew it back especially for summer. Went to conference in France and saw a guy with shaved legs and thought - if he can I can!

The arms were the worst decision... BUT!

Never had one single comment, except from my wife many years on how my leg hair seemed 'shorter' than it used to be!

Eryn
07-11-2012, 05:16 PM
A year and a half.

Trepidatious would be a good term to use to describe my feelings. I wasn't really scared, but I really didn't know if I would like it. I did know that it was important to my presentation so a'waxing I went!

Zero. Nobody had mentioned it at all except for Mimi and she says she likes it.

Sophia Claire
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
1)ten years
2)sort of
3)less than five

Wildaboutheels
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the replies folks. Maybe some newbie is shaving for the first time even as I type...

It sure seemed like a big deal the first time didn't it!

Sophia Claire
07-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the replies folks. Maybe some newbie is shaving for the first time even as I type...

It sure seemed like a big deal the first time didn't it!

I waxed the first time, so I was expecting blood and pain by the gallon. It wasn't that bad. It hurt, but it wasn't that bad. And my legs were smooth for weeks, not itching and intolerable the next day.

Vickie_CDTV
07-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Since it comes up so often.
Completely smooth for 16 years so far (started when I was 19), about 1/3 of my body hair has been permanently removed in the last few years.

Yes, I was scared after I shaved my arms and legs, and called a GG friend to come over to tell me how obvious it looked.

Never in 16 years.

But when it comes to #3, I'd have to say it really depends on the person, their size, age, what they wear and other factors. I have never been asked in 16 years but... I have short, stocky muscular legs, and even without hair they don't look feminine at all en drab. If one has long shapely legs that look feminine and attractive (and naturally draw attention) people might easily pick up on their legs, as opposed to someone like myself who has legs that are completely unremarkable aside from the lack of hair. I am certainly not saying folks who have nice legs should not shave them, but I am just saying that may draw more attention than some other folks' legs.

Cindy J Angel
07-12-2012, 08:01 AM
hi gf well my lags pits for over 20 years and yes i stell have frends ask why ,i would tell them i was a swimmer in school and got use to it. but not as much in the last 3 to 4 years. if u look around more young people are doing this. and now i just done care i just say that is what i like.
I have no body hair for over 1o years now arm chest . but some times i get layze and will go 1 to 2 weeks be for i get around to takeing it off. and i gass woman do the same. it is a lot of work as we all know. eyebrows done off and on for 5 years mine get way out of hand and can not stand it. More and more young man are doing this thay just went to be clean. love cindy

AndreaCD1963
07-12-2012, 08:14 AM
1]. 5+ years
2]. Not really, just decided it was the way I had to be
3]. Never. I was concerned, and didn't wear shorts, or short sleeves for a while. But now, wear what I want and no one has ever said a thing about being hairless. I get the occasional comment about wearing shorts, but that is because I'm known as someone that never wears shorts. :-)

An observation too for those that have some fear - I've recently noticed that a lot of men appear to have little to no leg or chest hair, and they don't worry about it. One recent observation is one of the MOST macho & homophobic men I know so I KNOW he's not one of us - just naturally hairless. My point is, it's no big deal!!!

Cheryl T
07-12-2012, 09:37 AM
1) Smooth all over for over 7 years.
2) Had done it years ago for a short time, so no there was no apprehension.
3) I've been asked once by a female coworker and all I said is "I wanted to". No one else ever asked and she never pursued it further.

SerenityQueen
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
1) Bin doing it for 6 years now
2) No fear/apprehension
3) No one has asked me, except my wife

cathie pantyhose
07-12-2012, 09:54 AM
1 - At least 25 years for me. I would occasionaly wear pantyhose as a kid but shaved my legs for road riding initially in my late teens. I instantly loved the feeling of the wind on my legs with out all the hairs tickling my legs or getting caught in the riding "skins" rubber grips let alone how pantyhose felt on smooth legs. I didn't begin to remove the rest of my body hair (stomach, pubic and chest) until about 10 years ago with my first epil. These days I even remove my forearm hairs.

2 - The very first time I shaved my legs, I walked around in jeans for days in Tampa summer. Worried what people would think. It was kind of a thrill to go out the first time in shorts but honestly, no one said a thing.

3 - Maybe 12x in 25+ years.

cyndigurl45
07-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I really can't remember a time I haven't, I was very young.....

ChelseyD
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
1 - since around 1999.
2 - more nervous than anything else.
3 - never

Jocelyn Quivers
07-12-2012, 09:39 PM
1. 6 years give or take.

2. Yes, I used to only shave during the winter, and at first I would suffer and wear pants in the summer. Of course most of this occured before I became a member here, since joining, no fear at all, the only regrets being that I waited so long.

3. I've lost count, I no longer hide or deny that I shave everything, usually when I go into further detail about shaving "everything :battingeyelashes:" my guy friends usually will very quickly tell me they could have been happy not being informed of this and will very quickly change the topic. :D

Chardonnay Merlot
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Smooth legs. Lifelong. I've just never had a lot of hair, and that hair I do have is really fine and easy to shave.

No, because its what I'm used.

Most people don't notice because i don't have much body hair anyway.

fun4metoo2004
07-13-2012, 04:56 AM
I started shaving my legs (Nair/Veet) when I was about 17. I am now almost 52.

No serious deep thought. I just wanted to try it and see how the stockings that I had felt. Not scared.

I have never had anyone ask why I shave.

Starr
07-13-2012, 02:07 PM
1. legs and most of my body for over ten yeas, and i do it year round. I removed my arm hair a few months back and keeping the clear now.
2. Not really,while i wanted to shave legs and so forth for a while i hadn't, when i did start it was kind of necessary. My leg and chest hair was kind of long, stiff and turning grey. At that point when i would wear black the hair would work its way though both my pants legs and my pull over shirts making it look like lint all over my pants legs and shirt. Removed the hair and no more problem.
3. Never.. i wore shorts to work the other day for the first time and no one said a word about my shaved legs, i did see one young guy looking at them..