PDA

View Full Version : not sure who she was

JamieQ
07-13-2012, 01:18 PM
:straightface:The other day we were getting residents at the nursing home ready for restorative supper. For those who do not now it is for residents that can eat themselves but need help. Anyway a young man (early 20's) and a woman older than he but not old enough to be his mother came in to visit one resident before supper started. Boy did she look manly. She never said a word (resident could not talk though) and would not make eye contact. She looked okay (I would be happy to be in public looking like her)but someting was not quite right. Her body porportions were out of whack or something. She had on a knee length skirt and her tanned legs looked somewhat boney for her size, which was probably 5'10" - 150 - 160 lbs, but she had a little bit of hip and thighs. This would be an extreme rarity in the small town I live in if this was a CDer. They were there about 5 minutes and just left. The last one before her I seen close up was a man in Louisville, KY dressed as a woman, but not near as good as the first one. The one in Louisville looked exactly like that, a man in a dress. Not sure what I seen... anyone else had a similar experience? Amanda ???

Karren H
07-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Lol. I've seen so many "I can't tell" what gender they are people I lost count. Lol. Here in Pittsburgh and San Francisco is full of them...

KellyJameson
07-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Its very common in Seattle, Portland, San Fran and parts of L.A

I was in a bookstore in Redmond and a father in the company of his daughter and wife is either a CD or transitioning and looked great. We looked across the room and gave each other that "knowing" look two people pass between them who are walking the same path.

I like living in an area where you cannot automatically classify someone, it makes life much more interesting.

Long live diversity!

sandra-leigh
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
This last year, I am seeing more and more gender ambiguous people here in Winnipeg. A small number of them I have not been able to decide. In other situations I decided based upon small hints (e.g., the shape of the hair on the nape of the neck tends to differ.) And in numerous other cases, it hasn't really been a matter of me (with my experience) being able to decide, but rather that I can see that the person has taken some care to present ambiguously so that their gender is not obvious to onlookers.

Interestingly, the majority of the gender ambiguous people I have seen have (I think!) been GG.

It did feel a bit strange, a couple of months ago, me being openly MTF, talking to my usual pharmacy technician who is just a shade on the female side of gender ambiguous, and asking her about her male-style barbell earrings.

Marie-Elise
07-13-2012, 02:20 PM
I'll just add my two cents. Was at Target with my wife and son last week. Saw a woman talking to an SA but as we passed, I thought the woman's voice was a bit deeper than I would have expected. Turned back to look at her but I really couldn't tell in profile. But she was dressed as you would expect a woman her age to be dressed. So, who knows? Eventually, we'll get to "who cares"? I hope.

RenneB
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm with Karen on this one. I've seen way too many GGs and GMs that don't fit the stereotypical profile and really don't care what they look like that I'm over it. When I do observe a person with a nice color combination outfit, good proportions and well kept appearance I take a mental note and use that when I'm shopping for a cute outfit. I tend to visit the higher end malls for those looks.

Just my thoughts .....

Renne.....

Karren H
07-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I couple years ago I was in the super market and saw from behind this really well dressed woman wearing a pant suit and carrying a purse and wearing low heeled boots. As I passed I noticed "she" had like 3 or 4 days beard growth!! Still stunning. And no one cared...

STACY B
07-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I friggen saw one today !! An I thought that bitch was following me ,,Everywhere I went there she was ,,But this one was a fat lady an she had long hair not dressed in a real girly outfit ,, Just kinda regular clothes for her age but her hair was Killer but she could afford to lose a few pounds for sure . So I just kept walking an walking an every once in a while I would just catch a glimpse of her an she was always stareing back at me ,, Kinda gave me the creeps so for my own SAFETY I was moving faster an faster an so was she but never catching up just staying rite with me ,,Cuz we were just about the same size ,, An once I finaly caught her to my surprize it was just ME in the Mirror an window relection ,,She is lucky That I didn;t want to get hurt cuz I was fixing to POP HER one ,,, But we made friends again an kept on roamimg around together ! lol,,,,,lol,,,,,

Annie D
07-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately as men and women age they start to look more and more alike. Gravity takes its toll and our faces become the same ball of skin with a longer nose, bigger ears, bushier eyebrows and wrinkled eyes, mouth and neck. If you erase everything except for the face, you really can't tell. That's why if we want to look younger as a male or a female, we should start applying some make up to conceal our true age. I don't want to be considered a "dirty old man" so I apply my make up and put on something pretty and feminine and go on my merry way. If you see me out and you can't tell if I am male or female, I will take that as a compliment, thank you very much!

TGMarla
07-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I was at the bank the other day, and saw two women sitting with one of the tellers at the service desk. One was clearly either crossdressed, or had transitioned. In any case, she had large hands that were clearly male-ish, and other features that just couldn't be hidden away. She was older, around 60 or so, maybe a bit more. To the average person, they might only have seen a not so pretty older woman. To me, she looked like an obvious trans person.

Eryn
07-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Having known a number of GGs with some very masculine characteristics I never can be 100% sure of the birth gender of someone I see.

And what does it matter? I accept them for the gender they are presenting, just as I would like to be accepted.

5150 Girl
07-14-2012, 04:52 PM
There is this one woman in church that I stongly susspect of being a post op. Big feet and hands, very tall, braod sholders, square jaw... Hmmmmmm