PDA

View Full Version : Too lazy...well tired to go out

kimdl93
07-13-2012, 09:28 PM
It's one of those rare weekend when my wife is out of town. As some of you know, she's supportive and accepts my dressing and going out, but as yet hasn't accompanied me. So this would be my weekend to spend a night out.

Trouble is, I'm tired. It's been a long week, I've worked late and risen early and just don't have it in me. Maybe tomorrow night.

It's a shame too, cause I think I was looking pretty good to day ...by my standards anyway. I was at the pet store, mall and a local restaurant and judging from the reactions, or lack thereof I wasnt shocking or offending anyone.

Ever pass on a chance to go out just because you were tired?

NathalieX66
07-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Sound like you just need a good night's sleep....maybe a whole weekend of sleep.
Peace & love.

jaye_cd
07-13-2012, 09:43 PM
My wife has been gone for the past week, and will be gone for the next week. And the only thing that's on top of my to-do list is rest! She knows of my dressing, and told me to "get my girl on" while she was gone, but with all the OT I've been having to work, I'm actually enjoying the peace and quiet in the evenings and have no motivation to go out much. I did make plans for this weekend though!

Brenda456
07-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I have, unfortunately. . .

Diana Bain
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
May'be it's the dog-days of summer...I was going to tonight but I just don't have it in me...but I will tomorrow.

Cynthia Anne
07-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Must be somthin' in the water! I've decided to stay home this weekend too! It will be the first weekend in over two years that I've been home!

STACY B
07-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Hell Im the same dam way ,,, Sometimes I just cant wait to go do something on the weekend an other times like now I could care less . Must be something in the air ? Guess us ol folk are on a down hill run ,,Mite as well just sit home an watch first 48 an call it a night ,,lol,,, But you can still do it in your little flannel night gown like a true ol lady ,,,LOL,,,, With your hair up in curlers an your flower sack under war on your head ,,Like ya mamma used to do it ,,,lol

Carmen
07-13-2012, 10:40 PM
I have been solo all week, I had plans of getting out and doing something. But I just could not muster the enthousiasm!
At the least I have been fultime at home for almost 3 days. I finished several pending projects and woring on another.
I attached my forms for the first time. The main reason is the fact that they will shift around and I wanted to eliminate that.
This has been different and very fun for me. Now when I get dressed instead of putting my forms into the bra, I have to put the bra over my forms and do the clasp and adjust.
I went out for fast food 2 nights ago. Jeans, v-neck tee, fake leather ballet flats. As for my face, I made an effort to do my eyes according to my particular ethnicity. I did some
research and applied a few basic eye colors in the correct order. Needless to say I was very happy with the results. My eyes appeared 2X larger and very femme but casual.
Everything else just added to my overall look. So away I went in seach of a chile dog or two.
The drive-thru was busy, so I walked in. No big deal, no one examined me too closely, no anxieties, I got my order and away I went. Guys I'm up here! LOL!
Chile dogs, fries and a movie.

So it's off to work in the morning, my week is basically over. It was a nice time.

Cassandra86
07-13-2012, 11:22 PM
I know exactly what u mean. Sometimes im just way to tired and lazy to go out and get ready. But it 5akes me a good 2 to 3 hours to get completly done up. Im a but of a perfectionist and have to have my hair and makeup just right. Then dont even get me started on outfits! Lol then before i leave have to do at least three mirror checks! Then this might sound funny but i have the wife taje a picture of me with her phone so i can see how i look to make sure the mirror isnt lying. Its a lot of work and sometimes i just want to relax and watch tv instead...

Maria 60
07-14-2012, 04:44 AM
This was a hot week and who ever knows me I am the first person to complain that i get no alone time. Well this week the family was busy lots of alone time but i just didn't have it in me to dress, just to tired. Even the wife made the are you alright comment. Told her i am just to tired and can't be bothered to clean the mess. Sounds like you need some rest, one thing about us crossdressers is we take a brake but one thing for sure is we always come back.

wanagione
07-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Oh yes, I have skipped sone amy time because i was just too tired. I knew i really wouldn't have fun so i stayed in and got the rest i needed.

MsJanessa
07-14-2012, 07:51 AM
a lot of folks don't realize that even a casual outing for a CD takes tons of energy--and sometimes its just a lot more tempting to hang around the house, sleep late and don't do anything taxing. And there's always next time.

Laura912
07-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Now you see why GGs just sometimes throw something on to get the errands done. And it takes more work for most of us to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

ronda
07-14-2012, 08:26 AM
yes i have been to worn out to even put on a dress at the end of a long hard week so don't feel bad it does happenother times i get dressed and sit in my recliner and take a nap it is so much fun to wake up in girl mode Hugs Ronda

Sally24
07-14-2012, 08:41 AM
My misses have been more from depression than plain exhaustion.:sad:

Silmaril
07-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Frankly, I take it as a good sign when there are days that I *could* dress up but I choose not to ...for whatever reason. To me, making a choice is a sign that the whole crossdressing thing is something that *I* control, not vice versa. There have been phases of my life when I have had the opportunity but not felt like it, but felt somehow compelled. That has a kind of OCD feeling to it that can leave you feeling out of control. I say making a choice is a healthy sign.

Amanda22
07-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I do have occasions when I just don't feel like going out, but I wouldn't feel like going out in either female or male mode. Sometimes, I prefer to stay home and relax. I agree with Silmaril that it's a healthy sign that you're comfortable with yourself, Kim. You're doing what you feel like doing. Keep the good threads coming; I appreciate you!

linda allen
07-16-2012, 09:07 AM
It's one of those rare weekend when my wife is out of town. As some of you know, she's supportive and accepts my dissing and going out, but as yet hasn't accompanied me. So this would be my weekend to spend a night out.

Trouble is, I'm tired. It's been a long week, I've worked late and risen early and just don't have it in me. Maybe tomorrow night.

It's a shame too, cause I think I was looking pretty good to day ...by my standards anyway. I was at the pet store, mall and a local restaurant and judging from the reactions, or lack thereof I wasnt shocking or offending anyone.

Ever pass on a chance to go out just because you were tired?

Keeping in mind that the only time I've ever been out was when my wife was out of town (and before she knew about my "hobby"), yes, I didn't go out every day or night that she was away, usually just a couple times in a week to ten days.

For me it was a little harder than for you because I didn't want neighbors or anyone I know to see me so it was either leave before dawn (that meant getting up really early) or changing in the car in the parking lot.

Now that my wife and I have come to the conclusion that I'm a cross dresser, I don't think I'll be taking advantage of her out of town trips, I'll wait till the time is right and get her out with me. Maybe halloween.

She did make a comment the other day after looking at me in a blouse and skirt that "I ought to make you go out in public dressed like that!" If she only knew. It wouldn't take much to convince me. :heehee:

kimdl93
07-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks for eveyone's comments. To clarify, I dress full-time at home so, it wasn't a matter of not having the motivation to dress...just didn't have the go-power to go out. I found, like Natalie said, what I really needed was a good nights sleep. And I finished the project I was working on, so Saturday I made it to the mall, went out for dinner and spent a few hours at a GLBT friendly bar. So, its all good.