PDA

View Full Version : Ehhh.....it's just not working....

Jessica86
07-17-2012, 05:03 AM
I have submitted some information to a few modeling companies. I have heard back from some, but not with any good results. I haven't submitted any pictures, but was just inquiring what the requirements are. I even inquired to SuddenlyFem, and was denied instantly for my height. You can't be over 6'00"? How dumb. As I was told "You would have to wear five inch heels. You're 6'06" almost 6'07" so you would be like 7 feet tall!" she told me. Talk about shutting your feelings down. I also heard from a few female modeling agencies that "wouldn't mind" if I was a male applying for the position. One said as long as I am no taller than 5'09". DANG IT!!! I haven't submitted pictures to the others yet.

So, everything so far has been a dead end. Seems everything has a height requirement or weight requirement. I'm 190-195 so I'm a little under average for my height. Some list 160 as a top weight. Really? I have 160 pounds just in bones in me!

I am tall. I know that. I just think that would do wonders for a skirt add. :heehee: I will keep trying. All of my life I've heard "Must be nice to be that tall," and I even got on the varsity basketball team in high school just because of it. I quit the team half way through just because the coach didn't seem interested in teaching me anything. I wanted to learn for scholarships. He just wanted me there for my height. Being this tall isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Sally24
07-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Unfortunately, the modeling industry is locked into certain body standards. That's why it's so hard to make it in modeling. I know a few of us girls that are on Model Mayhem. They are 6' and under.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/

Aprilrain
07-17-2012, 06:23 AM
All of my life I've heard "Must be nice to be that tall,"

They mean nice for utilitarian reasons, not aesthetic reasons. For men it's a compliment to be tall and strong, not so much for a woman.

suzy1
07-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Are you actually saying that you are trying to get a job as a model?
Well good luck to you but to be a model you have to be super slim and in the top 1% of super sexy looking.
Now I am not trying to discourage you but……………..

Kate Simmons
07-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Pay it no mind Hon. If you are determined you will find your dream. Remember, even the "losers" on American Idol usually make out very well big time.:battingeyelashes::)

Cynthia Anne
07-17-2012, 07:04 AM
I guess rules are rules! But it's a shame when they out weigh the facts! Never give up on your dreams! There's sothing out there for you! Finding it may take a little time but in the end it will be worth the trouble you are going through! Hugs!
I was once denied a position for being over qualified!

Jessica86
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Thank you all. Andy, I appreciate your words. I will keep trying, and maybe just send a few anyway. At one time, women weren't allowed to vote, race cars, or alot of things. Those who persisted were rewarded. Maybe I can make an exception.

Katie83
07-18-2012, 03:33 AM
I've always dreamed of being shorter too, i'm 5'9" which puts me over 6' in heels. Oh how i'd love to be 5'4".
Keep trying with the modelling though. Don't give up at the first hurdle!
Katie