PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with crossdressing?

Katie83
07-17-2012, 07:53 AM
I have not been crossdressing for a few months now. I've just not had the desire to. The desire is starting to return now, and i'm quite pleased about that, i've missed Katie.
My wife recently suggested that Katie's clothes and shoes be put in the roof out of the way as i hadn't worn them for so long. I said no to this. They're all still in my wardrobe and drawers.
This got me thinking. Why is it considered wrong to want to wear a skirt or nice pair of heels? Or to pluck my eyebrows and shave my legs? Or to want to wear make up? What is wrong with it all? Who decided all these things were just for women in the first place?
Katie will be playing dress up again very soon!
Katie

Tracy - new dresser
07-17-2012, 08:06 AM
haha sounds like what i just went through yesterday, hadnt dressed in like months then just couldnt take any more and finally Tracy was aloud back out :D oh gosh how i missed it. i also got sick of second guessing myself so now i wear my shoes, dresses, stockings, lipstick and shave my legs,arms,armpits,chest without any guilty conscious!

and dont stop dressing Katie your to hot to hide

deebra
07-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Who decided these things are just for women; women and insecure, macho men. I can't see this changing, it's up to the fashion designers to gradually implement the change, and they can do this and the above would grudgenly accept this. I know I feel so much better dressed fem from the skin out just as I am now as I set here and type this thread.

Jennifer W
07-17-2012, 08:20 AM
There is nothing wrong with crossdressing. Clothes are clothes.

Cheryl T
07-17-2012, 08:33 AM
There's nothing "wrong" with this.
Like you, my things are in the closet and in the dresser and that is where they will stay.
Over time you may see fluctuations in your desire and just as with anything else, this is normal.

On the subject of eyebrows...the other night my wife surprised me by asking me to tweeze hers. When I asked why she told me that she loved how I've done mine and since she has an issue with her sight she'd love to have me do hers for her.
I never in my life thought I'd here things like this...makes all the struggle worth while.

Aprilrain
07-17-2012, 08:39 AM
"What is wrong with crossdressing?"

where to start!!.............. Just kidding!

Katie83
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Who decided these things are just for women; women and insecure, macho men. I can't see this changing, it's up to the fashion designers to gradually implement the change, and they can do this and the above would grudgenly accept this. I know I feel so much better dressed fem from the skin out just as I am now as I set here and type this thread.

I think you may have a point about women wanting heels and skirts just for themselves, why would they want to share something so fantastic, cute and fun?

max
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
What is wrong with it all?
Who decided all these things were just for women in the first place?

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It can complicate your life though but that is only due to other peoples' non-acceptance.

As for who decided these things were just for women, it is entirely social convention.

sonna
07-17-2012, 08:55 AM
nothing wrong with it, and belive it or not their is alot of people that dont care
what you do.

Karren H
07-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Apparently women did.... when they decided not to ride horses and men did.....

Marleena
07-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Katie too many people wonder "what's wrong with me"? It's the way you're wired, just enjoy it and to heck with everybody else!

You can spend money on a therapist but they'll tell you there is nothing wrong with it, unless you let it stress you out.

Contessa
07-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I know but I don't want to spoil it.

Tess

Veronica27
07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It can complicate your life though but that is only due to other peoples' non-acceptance.

As for who decided these things were just for women, it is entirely social convention.

I realize that I am in a minority, but the fact that the social conventions dictate dresses, makeup et al are just for women is fine with me. Any blurring of the lines between how men and women dress would take all the fun and excitement out of crossdressing for me. Breaking the rules in a harmless way, experimenting with different and unusual feelings and sensations and the overall adventure are the primary attractions for me.

As for other people's non-acceptance, it would be nice to have a softening of their views, as long as too many don't jump on the bandwagon and turn a taboo into an ordinary way of life. It would take all the fun out of it for me, if I was expected to appear in a dress, makeup etc. quite often.

Crossdressing hurts nobody in most cases, and is a lot of fun. Nothing wrong with that.

Veronica

Gillian Gigs
07-17-2012, 01:39 PM
"If", and I say if there is anything wrong with crossdressing it is in the minds of people with preconceived ideas. How do you change these ideas, by educating them to the truth. That is a whole other issue.

Barbara Ella
07-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Dont necessarily perceive it as a wrong, just an unexpected. People dont like unexpecteds, and react negatively. Oftentimes negative reactions are interpreted as resulting from something wrong, not a good logic stream.

But yes, there are those who are just wrong wrong wrong with anything different. I dont let them make definitions.

Barbara

Jaymees22
07-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi Katie, How could something that feels so right be wrong? Maybe society is wrong at this time in history because in the past the men dressed up much more than women powdered wigs, silk stockings etc. Also in nature the male of the species is the pretty one, bright feathers, furry mane, better stripes. So in the future it might go back to that who knows? Jaymee

BLUE ORCHID
07-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi Katie, All I can say is It's who I'am and it's what I do. I don't see anything wrong with CDing.

almisami
07-17-2012, 03:28 PM
It's wrong because it makes us DANGEROUSLY sexy.

Kate Simmons
07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
What's wrong with it Katie? Not a damn thing Honey and you can take that straight to the bank.;):)

kimdl93
07-17-2012, 03:57 PM
The only thing wrong with CDing is not doing it as often as you might want. Glad the motivation is coming back, because you're too cute not to dress! Take your wife's suggestion as encouragement to get more use out of your wardrobe!

STACY B
07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Real Men Crossdress ,,, Not to many more Crazier things left to do . Atleast for me that is ,, JUST DO IT !!

RADER
07-17-2012, 06:05 PM
As I see it, Cross Dressing is rite of anyone who wants to dress as the other Sex.
So GG's do it all the time, why not us poor guys who want to enjoy a little fun.
Rader

Alice Torn
07-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Like Barbara Ella said, it is not dangerous, but so unexpected, and odd, that people think negatively. The first Cd i ever saw, was a neighbor , and I was working on my car, when she walked by, and introduced herself. I was a bit nervous, ands just cmmented on the weather, and that my car needed work. I deep down, kind of wished i had the balls to do that, even though i had not dressed for 12 years or so. It is thought of as odd, weird, eccentric, even deviant here, but, in some countries around the world, it is a crime punishable by prison, torture, or death!I admit, that i feel, when out, that i am putting mysaelf in ridicule or harms way, and society says it is wrong, but, it is harming no one, unless they are so sensitive to what is not the norm.

mbmeen12
07-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Why is it considered wrong to want to wear a skirt or nice pair of heels?
Or to pluck my eyebrows and shave my legs? Or to want to wear make up? What is
wrong with it all? Who decided all these things were just for women in the first
place?
Last question first, society decides and what is normal in public...With that being said San Francisco led the way for the new rights for Gay Lesbians, and Trans Gender and Cross Dressers etc and everyone is excepted. Normal is what YOU, young lady can make...In short you are doing nothing wrong, your SO supports you, soooo enjoy life one step at a time...With the pink fog ever so close to you/us:).

Polly Sharp
07-17-2012, 07:17 PM
What's wrong with crossdressing? Nothing, ask any woman who wears jeans...

Amy R Lynn
07-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I have not been crossdressing for a few months now. I've just not had the desire to. The desire is starting to return now, and i'm quite pleased about that, i've missed Katie.
My wife recently suggested that Katie's clothes and shoes be put in the roof out of the way as i hadn't worn them for so long. I said no to this. They're all still in my wardrobe and drawers.
This got me thinking. Why is it considered wrong to want to wear a skirt or nice pair of heels? Or to pluck my eyebrows and shave my legs? Or to want to wear make up? What is wrong with it all? Who decided all these things were just for women in the first place?
Katie will be playing dress up again very soon!
Katie

Ohhh how I would love to just wear what I want when ever I want!:daydreaming: long sigh..... I'm not sure when it was considered wrong. I have strong feeling that it came from religious beliefs. Probably the Mossaic laws of the Old Testament. Unfortunatly some people in our society are just not as accepting as we would like them to be.

Tracii G
07-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Nothing wrong with it its just an expression of who you are.
Years ago I was confused and sought therapy,went to one session and the Dr told me you seem well adjusted sexually and I don't see any reason you shouldn't let your female side out.

Ayame
07-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I just wrote a whole huge response and this site logged me out and I lost it so I will restate my point more briefly.

A few reasons come to mind to address the question at the heart of this topic "What is wrong with cross dressing?"

1) Societal Norms- every society has these and often the way our laws and medical principles are created are in reflection to this. Some food for thought, think of how trans people are viewed by the medical community as an example, and how gay people were in the past, is this really over medical reasons or social?

2) Reproductive Futurism- with the family and especially children being a major selling point to pass agendas, going against the cookie cutter mold of how a family or a person should live is looked at as a threat to children both your own and other peoples "Think about the children!" While often these arguments rarely make any sense they will gather a strong following, because who would want to be against the children? (Even if you aren't really doing anything against children, if you go against the grain for what is acceptable, you are entering the zone of the social deviants.) Misguided arguments like this further cement the societal norms and make them harder to change.

3) Misogyny- In almost all parts of the world, even in the most free countries women are still second class citizens. Their work is often viewed as inferior, they are over worked, and underpaid. The reason male bodied cross dressers are a threat is because they are entering an area of being inferior, this threatens the power structure as a whole.

4) Lack of education- Often people are not informed properly on trans people or cross dressers. The media often portrays many trans people often as sexual deviants, prostitutes, or fetishists. While there are in fact many fetishists which is not a problem (to each their own), and trans prostitutes that are forced to that lifestyle against their own accord from being unable to find employment, this doesn't speak on behalf of most trans people and isn't an accurate portrayal at all. I feel most people probably don't even start to get a brief understanding of gender until college and that is only if they choose to take a course on gender. High schools at least when I went to high school basically avoided the topic altogether.

There's countless reasons and queer theories, but I will stop for now and possibly update the list later.

Pretty Nails
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Whats Wrong! I don't have nearly the proper financial resources to do it the way i think it should be done that is what's wrong! So There!

sissystephanie
07-17-2012, 10:19 PM
If you look at the women out in public, you will see many more of them crossdressing than men! So if they can do it, why can't we men? Women wear men's pants and men's shirts out in public all the time, so why can't men wear skirts or dresses? The truth is, we can wear those things if we have enough courage to do so!! I wear a skirt and feminine top in public more often than I wear male drab! And now that my dear wife has passed away, I go out dressed enfemme but wearing no makeup and no wig!! I am dressed the way I want to be dressed, even though I am obviously a man!!

The major problems with crossdressing are in the minds of those who ask the question!! Look to your inner self for the answers!

AllieSF
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
"Who decided all these things were just for women in the first place?"

A lot of people like to blame Jane and John Q. Public. I think that they are wrong. I think that we should blame ourselves for not going out and letting other's negative opinions rule how we act and be ourselves, or maybe not be ourselves. Those who have changed social norms in the past have basically said and done (walk the talk), "The hell with them and I am doing what I want to do!" If more of us did that (do what we want), people would eventually see that fighting us by giving negative reactions is not worth their effort. I say be yourself and just get out there and live your life as you need and want to do it. Do not let other's opinions control your actions and life.

NathalieX66
07-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah, take a look at waiter/waitress uniforms: tuxedo....black pants, black coat, white button down shirt, bowtie.....both guys and girls . This is about as gender neutral as it gets, but it's all slanted towards the male side.

Military & police are gender neutral.....just different hats.

I'm happy, and at peace that I crossed the line to the girl side, and still maintain what's left of my guy side. It works for me.
FYI, if you blend in and look like other women, nobody cares.

Cynthia Anne
07-17-2012, 10:43 PM
MEN decided this! You can't live with them and you can't just shoot em'!

Kelli Ca
07-17-2012, 11:07 PM
I have asked myself the same question. I read somewhere that in nature it is the males that have the beauty and color. I find that the selection we have is not comfortable or attractive. I really wish I could. Wear dresses and. Skirts to work, I would love to go to dinner with the. Wife and dress to the nines. I don't know who decided what clothes are for what gender and probably never will but I wish it weren't. So. It just feels good to. Have a skirt and some stockings and heels on my wife even told me for the first. Time the other day that the outfit looked really good, I guess for Me her approval is. All I really need

Katie83
07-18-2012, 02:40 AM
I just wrote a whole huge response and this site logged me out and I lost it so I will restate my point more briefly.

A few reasons come to mind to address the question at the heart of this topic "What is wrong with cross dressing?"

1) Societal Norms- every society has these and often the way our laws and medical principles are created are in reflection to this. Some food for thought, think of how trans people are viewed by the medical community as an example, and how gay people were in the past, is this really over medical reasons or social?

2) Reproductive Futurism- with the family and especially children being a major selling point to pass agendas, going against the cookie cutter mold of how a family or a person should live is looked at as a threat to children both your own and other peoples "Think about the children!" While often these arguments rarely make any sense they will gather a strong following, because who would want to be against the children? (Even if you aren't really doing anything against children, if you go against the grain for what is acceptable, you are entering the zone of the social deviants.) Misguided arguments like this further cement the societal norms and make them harder to change.

3) Misogyny- In almost all parts of the world, even in the most free countries women are still second class citizens. Their work is often viewed as inferior, they are over worked, and underpaid. The reason male bodied cross dressers are a threat is because they are entering an area of being inferior, this threatens the power structure as a whole.

4) Lack of education- Often people are not informed properly on trans people or cross dressers. The media often portrays many trans people often as sexual deviants, prostitutes, or fetishists. While there are in fact many fetishists which is not a problem (to each their own), and trans prostitutes that are forced to that lifestyle against their own accord from being unable to find employment, this doesn't speak on behalf of most trans people and isn't an accurate portrayal at all. I feel most people probably don't even start to get a brief understanding of gender until college and that is only if they choose to take a course on gender. High schools at least when I went to high school basically avoided the topic altogether.

There's countless reasons and queer theories, but I will stop for now and possibly update the list later.

I think you have a lot of good, valid points here.
It seems that the only problem then is lack of education?
I think that it is so wrong that women all over the world should be treated as second class citizens. It is my opinion that women are far superior to men mentally and emotionally. The world could be a lot better place if it was run by women.
Katie

Cathy J
07-18-2012, 06:24 AM
How can anything that feels so right and not harm anyone be wrong? I love CDing.

NicoleScott
07-18-2012, 08:13 AM
It's the way you're wired, just enjoy it and to heck with everybody else!

We don't know WHY we're wired this way ("wired" being the catch-all term for whatever it is that causes us to want to wear women's things). But it makes me wonder if we're WIRED to think it wrong to dress up, at least at an early age. After reading so many "How did you get started?" threads, most all of us tried on our first panties, stockings, slip, dress, wig, or makeup behind a closed and locked door. Why'd we do that? Why not say "Mommy, I want to wear high heels and lipstick, will you help me?"

Katie83
07-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Why not say "Mommy, I want to wear high heels and lipstick, will you help me?"

Things would be so much easier if i'd had the courage to do that when i was little. Strangely i don't have any recollection of being told i wasn't allowed to wear make up, dresses and heels. I just kind of knew it wasn't what i was expected to do!
Katie

NicoleScott
07-18-2012, 09:19 AM
The answer would probably have been "Of course not. You're a boy. Here's a toy truck. Go play with it."

Beth-Lock
07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I realize that I am in a minority, but the fact that the social conventions dictate dresses, makeup et al are just for women is fine with me. Any blurring of the lines between how men and women dress would take all the fun and excitement out of crossdressing for me.

The dfference is also the icing on the cake of heterosexual relationships. So, I would agree that having an outward and visible difference between the genders, makes things more interesting. In short, 'Vive la dfference!"

Accommodating a parallel universe in which crossdressers and ******** dress and turn themselves out, as often as far as appearance goes, attractive, feminine-looking women, should be something a reasonably civilized and sophisticated society can handle, and do so without bullying or other public harassment. I did think for a while, while I was crossdressing in public, that I would not mind carrying a medallion or something, for example, on my purse, indicating my status, if that would help avoid the confusion and mistaken assumptions, that seem to be the base of some of this problem the cis-world seem to have with us.

But, I eventually ran right up against an unexpected complication of cross-dressing in my own life. It escalated, more and more, apparently by building up the side of my pesonality that liked fem things, and playing the role of a female, to the point that I embraced actual, surgical sex change. A certain number of the people who post on this board, have graduated from what was likely at first thought of, by them (and their SO, if they had one, I didn't), as recreational cross-dressing. They moved on to changing gender by living full-time as a woman, or even embracing sex change. It is a mysterious process, its mechanism uncertain or obscure, and usually denied vehementy in the trans community, to the point of such heated emotionalism usually associated with religious fanaticism or rejection of something terribly politically incorrect. Beyond the factor of my uncertainty about what my feelings mean, I have no desire to get in the middle of an exchange which produces more heat than light.

Personally, now I sort of miss cross-dressing and the crossing back and forth, of the border between the two genders. Maybe that is why I am still interested in reading and posting in the cross-dressers' section of this site. But I am not prepared to debate this issue because I am still trying to figure it out and the meaning and pros and cons of my experiences with it. But, living as a woman now, as I have been for several years, full-time is good -- too good to give up and too good a fit with my basic nature. I don't think I would want to spend much of my time living as a guy again, as I did in my cross-dressing days. But I do find the mixture of my feelings and the fact I have reached my current destination, as to gender and sex, a bit of a conundrum.

Veronica27
07-18-2012, 03:03 PM

That is so annoying. I have lost some of my best responses because of that, and most of the time I have been so angry at the wasted time, that I haven't tried to rewrite it. I asked if there was any way to prevent this, and was told rather bluntly that I had to tick the "remember me" box when signing in. As I don't wish to do that, I always scan over my message with my mouse and then right click on copy. If I am logged out when I try to post, I simply log back in, and then paste my reply and post it.

Veronica

Rebecca Star
07-18-2012, 03:11 PM
It probably would be OK today if we took the same line as women took when they were fighting for their rights.
Maybe we need to take a hard line approach and fight for our equailty too!

If nothing changes, nothing changes.