PDA

View Full Version : I am a lost married cross dresser

Fancypants
07-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I have been married over 40 yrs. We raised our kids. All along she knew I crossed dress. She played along with it sometimes but now we don't share. We do what she wants. I like ladies I can share my feelings. I have even wanted to take hormones but don' t know the 1st step.

ronda
07-18-2012, 06:45 PM
sounds like you need to sit down and have a long talk with your SO and discuss your feeling with her and find out where she is with what you want to do. hrt is a serious thing to think about best i can say is talk to your doctor about that get to know the side affects first then if you still want to do that move foward with your doctor to advise you Hugs Ronda

Marleena
07-18-2012, 06:52 PM
sounds like you need to sit down and have a long talk with your SO and discuss your feeling with her and find out where she is with what you want to do. hrt is a serious thing to think about best i can say is talk to your doctor about that get to know the side affects first then if you still want to do that move foward with your doctor to advise you Hugs Ronda

Agreed! See a gender therapist to see where you're really at with all of this. Keep your wife in the loop.:)

DanaR
07-18-2012, 07:06 PM
I agree with everyone else, your wife and you need to discuss all of the issues that are going on. If you aren't communicating, she might think that everything is fine.

Good luck!

RADER
07-18-2012, 07:27 PM
You have been married for over 4o years, then you must be getting close to 60 something. Going all the way at this stage in life is not impossible, but a little
hard on the body.
Have a talk with your wife and your doctor together; maybe you will get a strait answer as what you can and cannot do.
Rader

Jacqueline Winona
07-18-2012, 08:48 PM
A step at a time, friend. You bring up three or four importnat things to consider, fancypants. 1) You have dressed with her knowledge but now she isn't interested in participating. This seems to be pretty common, but if you still can dress, with her knowledge if not her participation, you're still better off than most. :) 2) Not sure if the dressing is related to the fact that you do only what your wife wants to do, but that could be a very big problem. Is what you want to do related to dressing all the time? If so, then try to think of other htings to do as acouple. Is she just insisting on her way, even if dressing has nothing to do with it? If so, you need to let her know how this bothers you. 3) You found the right place to share your thoughts! 4) Hormones suggests you really need to think about what you want- are you feeling like you're in the wrong body? Do you really want to change your body? Think about these things, then talk to her about it.

BLUE ORCHID
07-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi FP, One thing to think about is, Is this going to wreck your marrage is that something that you are ready for at your age.

Karren H
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
So a show of hands.... who has been married 30 plus years and doesn't do "what she wants"? lol.

kimdl93
07-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Like others have suggested, you may be well served by having a conversation with your wife....make that more than one. She can't read your mind and you can't read her's. But before you start talking, do some research. There are a number of threads here on how to talk with your SO about CDing. Start there and begin to appreciate the kinds of issues, objections and fears that are likely to come up. And be prepared to answer these questions.

Thera Home
07-19-2012, 12:58 PM
So a show of hands.... who has been married 30 plus years and doesn't do "what she wants"? lol.

Karren
You Rebel.

Fancypants
Friction is sometimes good in a relationship but must be handled with kid gloves, Your wife comes first always. Sit down and disscuss your feelings for her and your respect for her and then share your feelings with her.

Wishing you peace of mind

Thera

kendra_gurl
07-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Karen I am always the boss at my house as long as the wife is away at the time..42 years and counting

Paulette
07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
OK ladies just to set the record straight, I wear the pants in my house(men wear trousers) and I am the boss, because my said I could call my self that. I also run the house ,the vacuum,dishwasher, and the washing machine. I to have 43 years and yes, Karen my hand is up in fact both are in the air in answer to your question.

Karren H
07-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Karen I am always the boss at my house as long as the wife is away at the time..42 years and counting

and she gave you a noterizied note... lol.

Lynn Marie
07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
This is another of those threads that sort of confuse me. Like is there a question here? Is the question about HRT, or about a relationship going downhill? Or both? Or just a rant to get attention?

About the only thing I can address here is the statement "We do what she wants". Stand up to your wife and be a man. Take charge and problem solve. Don't be selfish, and also don't let her be selfish either. Most of all, be the man she fell in love with rather than the wimp who begs her to dress up like a girl. Look at that one from her point of view. No wonder she has taken charge herself, you can't be trusted to lead.

Lorileah
07-19-2012, 03:02 PM
I have been married over 40 yrs. We raised our kids. All along she knew I crossed dress. She played along with it sometimes but now we don't share. Stop and think "what did it do for her?" Did it gain her anything but you dressing, doing YOUR thing and then having a snack or falling asleep? I may be totally off base here but on average the guys who do this tend to be sort of self centered. They want it THEIR way. Now..
We do what she wants. That happens after you have your way for years.
I like ladies I can share my feelings. Then I suggest you start sharing. See most the posts above. When you don't talk you don't share.

Now this is the real kicker.
I have even wanted to take hormones but don' t know the 1st step.
And THIS is why when GGs come to this site they freak out and have concerns. You are not a cross dresser if you want hormones, you are a transsexual (although I have doubts there too...somehow I believe all you really want is boobs. or you somehow believe that if you are on hormones you will magically turn into a woman). What do you want from your wife? Do you want a wife? Or do you want someone who will play your games with you? BTW the first step in hormones is knowing that they are not reversible. When you go and get changes, you get to keep those changes. This is the classic GG worry...she didn't marry a woman.

About the only thing I can address here is the statement "We do what she wants". Stand up to your wife and be a man. Take charge and problem solve. Don't be selfish, and also don't let her be selfish either. Most of all, be the man she fell in love with rather than the wimp who begs her to dress up like a girl. Look at that one from her point of view. No wonder she has taken charge herself, you can't be trusted to lead.

Although I agree with the sentiment this will lead to a bigger train wreck than the "I wanna dress up". You don't force your partner to do anything. It is not what a marriage "is". Turning the tables won't help and will likely just widen the chasm (or poor FP will be back next week telling us how her wife of 40 years is now her EX-wife). The man she fell in love with liked dressing. That was stated. I am trying real hard to stay away from what was described as "misandry" in another thread. Why would being gruff, macho and forceful be the correct move here? That is virtually what most TGs here are trying to get away from.

Thera Home
07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
This is another of those threads that sort of confuse me. Like is there a question here? Is the question about HRT, or about a relationship going downhill? Or both? Or just a rant to get attention?

Lynn Marie
You are so right. Take charge of the situation and put your foot down.
Now, that this little problem is handled let go blow something up:heehee:

Thera
:yahoo:

TeresaL
08-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Lynn Marie
You are so right. Take charge of the situation and put your foot down.
Now, that this little problem is handled let go blow something up:heehee:

Thera
:yahoo:

I only got help when I took a stand. Still have to have talks, though.

docrobbysherry
08-01-2012, 10:45 PM
My goodness, Fancy! I can't imagine ANYONE who's been married NOT thinking, "Over 40 years together? That's AMAZING!"

You've done your duty, raised your kids, been a good, faithful hubby, (I assume). If u want to do your own thing now, with the few healthy years u have left, why shouldn't u?

Is there a SUPER SAINT here willing to throw the first stone? I certainly HOPE NOT!

max
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Nm not gonna discuss that here.