PDA

View Full Version : Needed some baby powder at Taco bell

JLynn17
07-18-2012, 06:50 PM
For one reason and one reason only to slap the $H!% outta the lady through the drive through ya you called me sir over the intercom i just ordered in my normal voice which isnt real deep anyway but ya it is a guys voice but anyway i was dress all way in fem and when i got to window it was like the bitch made it a point to call me sir atleast 10-12 more times she started and ended everything she said in sir like sir, would you like some hot sauce, sir ... sir heres your drink sir, omg im gettin mad all over again thinkin bout this i gotta let it go lol anyway wtf really this is what i was wearing...

ugh anyway wooooosaaawwwww

Raquel June
07-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I haven't put too much legitimate thought into this theory, but I've been sitting here drinking cheap wine on an empty stomach and pondering minimum wage jobs.

There are probably three basic approaches to having a sh*tty job:

1) Be positive -- the friendly, laid-back person who rises above his/her surroundings.
2) Be indifferent -- the zombie who kinda checks out mentally during work.
3) Be negative -- that miserable person who makes other people miserable.

When you run into #3, the most spiteful thing you can do is ignore the person. She works at Taco Bell. She hates her life. She is mean to people. So ignore her and let it keep eating away at her that her life is meaningless. If you started screaming at her like you wanted to, that would put her in a better mood. It would be the highlight of her day knowing that she made somebody else hate life for a little bit. So don't give her the satisfaction. She hates herself. You already won.

But, like I say, it's just a theory. Last week I ran into a really obnoxious manager at Walmart who tried to tell me that some defective $11 speakers didn't fall under their 90-day return policy, that the return policy printed on their wall wasn't valid, that he didn't have to tell me what their actual return policy was, and that I should just leave and try my luck at a different Walmart. And I came back to the same Walmart when the head manager was there and clarified that the guy was lying, took the speakers back, got a $25 free gift card, and no doubt got him in trouble. And that made me pretty happy. Because Walmart assistant managers make over $50k, which is more than I make, and I'm not a douche to people for no reason.

But a chick being mean at Taco Bell would probably be happy to get fired. Then she'd have vacation and a story to brag about. She's already making minimum wage. Anywhere she goes they can't legally pay her any less. She doesn't have much to lose.

TerryTerri
07-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Humm, I'd be willing to bet Taco Bell Headquarters would be interested to know more about where and when this incident happened. If the lady wants to pass out some hate, perhaps she may need to look elsewhere for employment. Just sayin...

JLynn17
07-18-2012, 11:29 PM
For real she was early forties looked mid 50's they were all pretty mean though

Aprilrain
07-19-2012, 07:41 AM
It is my beliefe that it's OUR job to convince the rest of the world that we are who we appear to be. Obviously it matters to you how you are precived and addressed so I'd start using a female voice now and forget you ever had a male voice! I know girls who seemingly refuse to work on it and expect to be treated like a woman. We have a birth defect which requires a lot of effort on our part to overcome. Voice is free to work on and not as hard as you might think, you have been hearing woman speak your whole life (even before you were born!) now it's time to start listening and copying. It has more to do with tone, inflection, choice of words, and body language than it does pitch.
Good luck
April

kimdl93
07-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Two responses came to mind. One dates back to my Army days - if someone called an NCO "sir", the usual response was "Don't call me Sir, I work for a living". The other might have been to respond in kind...with a very heart felt "thank you Sir" She might not have liked it either.

I doubt that anything you could do or say would influence her behavior.

Paulette
07-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I would have made her repeat everything a couple of times by saying "pardon me" in the most sugary sweet voice I could muster until she got tired of repeating herself or changed the gender pronoun she used when addressing me.

Joann Smith
07-19-2012, 06:56 PM
would have went straight ethnic on the b....h

Eryn
07-19-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm reminded of the saying, "Don't wrestle with a pig, you both get muddy, but the pig likes it."

Ignore idiots. They have nothing to teach you and it's a waste of time to try to teach them anything.

RenneB
07-19-2012, 09:34 PM
I'd write a letter to TB and give them a piece of your mind... Or next time you're there and get 'sir'd' by a GG I'd sir her right back.

Renne.....

Melody Moore
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I have a theory and that is people will identify your gender from the first signs they see or hear.
Normally verbal communications only play 7% in how we communicate ourselves to other people.
93% is visual, IE: Gait, Body Language, Mannerisms etc. But take that visual component away and
people will identify you by how you sound and that is the imprint they have of you in their head.

So phones and intercoms on drive-thrus make for very awkward situations for a lot of MtF trans people
if you have not done any voice training. I have no problems now on phones or drive-thru intercoms after
completing 6 speech therapy classes in a 6 week period.

I sometimes drop my voice a little when I am talking to other trans people or people I know. **Tsk, Tsk!**
So I still find I have to keep pushing myself to use it all the time, but I am getting a lot better now at it. :)

Nicole Erin
07-22-2012, 04:53 PM
For real she was early forties looked mid 50's they were all pretty mean though
The circumference of her waist is no excuse for how she acted. Wait, what was "forties"? Oh nevermind...

You just ran into some stupid bigot. Raquel had a point about the three types of workers. Thing is, I hate my job also but I don't say or do anything to belittle the customers. See most of the people I have to deal with are idiots. yet I don't sit there and call them "Einstein".
Me, when I am at my job that i hate, I just mentally check out. My body is there but my mind is in Erin land. I don't blame customers or other workers.

I think if we pass or not, most people have the decency to call us by the gender pronouns as we present at whatever time. The best thing you can do really is when someone calls you "sir" is to say, "It is ma'am". At that point if they keep saying "sir" then it is confrontation on their part.

Not to be gross here but when I saw the thread title, about baby powder, my first thought was, "Alright Taco Bell is toxic but did she really get the screaming poops that quickly?

JLynn17
07-22-2012, 05:08 PM
The circumference of her waist is no excuse for how she acted. Wait, what was "forties"? Oh nevermind...

You just ran into some stupid bigot. Raquel had a point about the three types of workers. Thing is, I hate my job also but I don't say or do anything to belittle the customers. See most of the people I have to deal with are idiots. yet I don't sit there and call them "Einstein".
Me, when I am at my job that i hate, I just mentally check out. My body is there but my mind is in Erin land. I don't blame customers or other workers.

I think if we pass or not, most people have the decency to call us by the gender pronouns as we present at whatever time. The best thing you can do really is when someone calls you "sir" is to say, "It is ma'am". At that point if they keep saying "sir" then it is confrontation on their part.

Not to be gross here but when I saw the thread title, about baby powder, my first thought was, "Alright Taco Bell is toxic but did she really get the screaming poops that quickly?

So sooo true i just didnt know how to take it when she kept calling me sir, i wanted to get "ghetto" on her, but just sat there and took it with a smile, but from now on i believe i am going to stand up for myself and let ladies like that know i am not a sir, and she can address me as such :)