PDA

View Full Version : Your First Frock

Sazzle
11-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Who remembers the first dress they ever wore?

I must have been about 4/5 and it was my first year at primary school - There was this horrid purple velvety thing in the dressing up box, and every time I got to play dressing up I would grab it!

so, what was yours?

Angela Burke
11-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I have four older sisters and I know from them that I liked dressing as a girl from a very early age.
The first time I can recall in detail I was around five years old at home during school holidays wearing a yellow dress, it had an attatched petticoat, also panties, ankle socks, and strappy sandals.
As I've said elsewhere my Mother tolerated my dressing with a sort of resigned bemusement, even got me my own panties, (it's unhygenic to share underwear dear!), and my sisters were great with me borrowing clothes.
That's as far back as I can go with any certainty as it is a very clear memory.

Love Angela XX

Laurie Ann
11-16-2005, 10:00 PM
I remember being dressed in the prettiest dresses by my aunt age 4. Many different types but I liked a black velvet dress with white sheer sleeves peter pan collar and black patent leather mary janes with white cotton anklets. Thinking about that brings a smile to my face almost 50 years later.

Joanne08
11-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I remember wearing one of my mothers dresses at about 10. It was a dark blue knit dress with buttons down the front and cut straight to just below the knee. It was one of the only ones that fit me. I tried it on many times.

The first dress I ever bought was sleeveless black print with red and white flowers and a matching short cut jacket that had slightly poofy shoulders and long sleaves. It fit perfectly and I got lots of wear out of it. I had it for over 20 years. It went with my big purge.

Love, Jo

TGMarla
11-17-2005, 12:59 AM
*Marla smiles at the thought* It was a little white mini-dress, fit and flared, that came down just above the knees. The pattern had the logo for "Pepsi" all over it. It had tulip sleeves. Fit like it was made for me. I was only 12 at the time.

Helen MC
11-17-2005, 07:55 AM
My big sister's grey pleated knee length school skirt over a pair of her white cotton knickers ( Cherub Brand full briefs), I was about 13 at the time and home alone.