PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one here with this terrable problem?

suzy1
07-19-2012, 06:20 AM
I am coming here to admit to having a problem. I have to talk to someone about it and you lot will do.:sad:

No matter how many dresses I have I always have to have a new one to put on.
And it’s the same with heels.
The feeling of slipping on that fresh new dress or poking my little toes into a new pair of 4” heels is just exquisite.

Is there a dressaholics anonymous that I can contact or should I just go on living in this heaven.
And am I the only one here with this terrible affliction?:eek:

Any help would be welcome. [But not too much help]:heehee:

SUZY

Jennifer Marie P.
07-19-2012, 06:28 AM
No youre not the only one Im the same way always wanting new dresses and shoes and even with purses I cant get enough.A girl cant get enough of these things so I dont think its a problem as long as you dont spend too much.

Karren H
07-19-2012, 06:35 AM
I used to have that affliction but I've been cured..... by major house remodeling..... hopefully its temporary.... if there's any money left in my saving account... sigh.....

Marleena
07-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Yep...It's just you Suzy! You're doomed!!:D

Laura912
07-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Must just be you. Sorry, can't write longer note. Off to deliver a car console and then to shop at Cato's for some new outfits.

bridgetta
07-19-2012, 09:53 AM
I have that problem. Its a matter of imagination. Im retraining myself to experience different thrills. Bridgetta also smokes which i do not like. The bitch is outta control. Im replacing these habits ith yoga and excercise.

Stephanie47
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Yes, the same problem with dresses (83). Shoes, nope! It is not easy finding size 13's. I have a compulsion for full slips (350+).

bridget thronton
07-19-2012, 10:29 AM
I saw an interview where women were asked why they buy clothes and have nothing to wear - the answer is a dress (outfit) never looks better than the first time you put it on.

Krystalina
07-19-2012, 10:33 AM
I'd be just like you if I had the money!!

Krystalina
07-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, the same problem with dresses (83). Shoes, nope! It is not easy finding size 13's. I have a compulsion for full slips (350+).

I can truly relate about shoes.

kimdl93
07-19-2012, 10:44 AM
I do love dresses, but I am fairly disciplined in terms of clothing. I try to fous my clothing budget on items that I am likely to wear on a day to day basis. Boring aren't I?

Nikki A.
07-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Not so much any more. I have a friend who owns a second hand store that I help out on my days off. I get a great deals for slave labor lol. First shot on new stuff. In spite of that, unless it is an OMG outfit I do rarely take her up on it.
Now there is a dress that I didn't get a chance to try on this week, if it's still there and it looks as good on me as it does on the hanger its a goner.

Foxglove
07-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Nope, you're not the only one, Suzy. If you look at Dante's Inferno, you'll see that there's a special circle of hell reserved for your type, so I'd say you'll have plenty of company. Everyone there will be forced to wear the same outfit for all eternity. Now that is hell, isn't it?

Bisous, Annabelle

carhill2mn
07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
I suspect that this is a situation familiar to most CDs/"T" girls! I know that you are not alone! Great, isn't it?

BLUE ORCHID
07-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Suzy, I feel for you because I'm on the same sinking ship as you.

Maybe there's a support group out there for us.

Dawn cd
07-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Suzy, clearly you must get involved in a 12-Step program and get dried out. Usually they send you away for a month and wear the same clothes for the whole time. You come out desensitized and able to walk into and out of a dress shop without buying a thing. The only trouble is, you have to rely on a Higher Power.

Christie Camelle
07-19-2012, 02:22 PM
I am so lucky when it comes to shoes. I wear a women's size 9!

Lynn Marie
07-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Yep Suzi, you're pretty much just like the rest of us. Poor girl. The only solution I can think of is to move into an apartment with limited space and fill it up. At first my femme wardrobe fit into an overnight bag. Then I needed a foot locker. Now I'm using half a closet with my tool boxes in the other half. Got to find a new place for my tools.

Kaz
07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Two things constrain me.. money and space! With loads of both I am a lost cause too! My real dream I guess would be trying on everything in every shop I could find! My biggest problem is then deciding what to buy! So many clothes so little time! And as for shoes...!

Foxglove
07-19-2012, 02:55 PM
I am so lucky when it comes to shoes. I wear a women's size 9!

I take a 6. But since I don't like heels at all, my choice can be a bit limited. But sure it helps with the old budget, doesn't it?

MelanieB
07-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Suzi....between you and me (and please keep this to yourself because my SO is a member here) I can often find myself sorely tempted with adding to the wardrobe

Odd packets have a way of arriving in the post...closely followed by a "What you been buying now" disparaging look :)

Seems to go with the territory

cdterri
07-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Suzi, I too had the same problem. Just last month I took 60 dresses,15 or 20 skirts,dozens of slips,panties,and bras to goodwill. Now down to 7 dresses, 5 skirts,2 bras,4 pairs of shoes,6 tops,several slips and about a dozen panties. Makes choosing what to wear a lot easier. OPPS! forgot, I just ordered 5 new dresses. HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!

bobbie c
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
oh oh suzi...expect a knock on your door...its the excessive shoe ownership police....they know me !!! you cannot escape!!! lol.....enjoy your in good company

Silentpartner GG SO
07-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Suzi....between you and me (and please keep this to yourself because my SO is a member here) I can often find myself sorely tempted with adding to the wardrobe

Odd packets have a way of arriving in the post...closely followed by a "What you been buying now" disparaging look :)

Seems to go with the territory

You are SO sussed! :kickbutt:

JerseyGirlDonna
07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi my name's Donna and I'm a dressaholic! An SA I know always comments that she always sees me wearing a dress. I always respond, isn't it the best part of being a girl?

ronda
07-19-2012, 04:27 PM
NO YOUR NOT ALONE and don't stop now i know exactly what you are talking about my bank account keeps getting smaller due to dress and shoes need help also Hugs Ronda

Marleena
07-19-2012, 04:32 PM
My problem got solved with a couple of unexpected bills. When you're on a tight budget anything unexpected can put you in the hole. Housing and groceries are my priority right now. I can window shop though.:)

susan54
07-19-2012, 05:34 PM
After years of skirts and blouses I have gone over to the dress side. Current total 535, but I can't begin to match 350 slips. It is not just the number - I am increasingly going up-market. The best dresses come from boutiques and my favourite chains, Phase Eight, Hobbs and East. Currently wearing a figure-hugging ruched black dress by Tia, reduced from £110 to £75 purchased yesterday. Amazingly this size 10 dress looks wonderful on my size 14 body, and this level of expenditure makes me morally obliged to take this dress out for a walk tomorrow. It's a tough job ....

Eryn
07-19-2012, 06:42 PM
I love new dresses, but with the shoes I'm so hard to fit that I'm loyal to those shoes that I know fit me!

Alice Torn
07-19-2012, 07:06 PM
To varying degrees, it is HOARDING. You can go to Hoarders Anonymous, or Spenders Anonymous. I am one, too, though always look for used or bargains. The lady who does the mail, at my post office, is no doubt aware of all the clothing packages, and Female return addresses, from Ebay orders. I can tell.

Jeanna
07-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I hear you loud and clear Suzy. It's not just shoes, it's accessories, purses, perfume jewelery, sunglasses, glasses, tights,hose, ect,ect God I'm insane!!!

Launa
07-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm going to solve my clothing addiction by working harder. More money, more clothes, more money, more clothes, more money, more clothes, more money, more clothes. Yee Ha!