PDA

View Full Version : Dressing drab fashion?

babe4life
09-13-2004, 12:11 PM
I was just getting ready for bed this evening and I got to pondering. I always take a bit of extra care when getting ready as Vicky, but how much care do I take when getting ready for work or going out as "him?" And it quite surprised me to think that I generally do take a fair amount of care then too, to be as presentable as possible. Conservative, neat and tidy in "drab" mode. I tend to try and aim for at least semi-colour coordination (no white socks with a navy suit and black shoes for instance). Unless it is a Saturday morning ... I mean, I must have some time off for "good" behaviour!

My favourite style is slacks with a long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to about my elbows. Fortunately, no tie required in my company! :D

Any thoughts? I can't get away with wearing a bra under my shirts because of the open plan office since the boss is really a hands-on kind of guy (which I rather enjoy actually!). But it would be just a little too awkward to explain the strange straps under my shirt ... :D I one day wore a magnetic back strap for pain and he picked up on it immediately even though it was well covered.

Oh well, maybe the brain is just scrambled too much from a rough Monday ;)

Nightie night!

Lawren
09-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Strictly jeans, cowboy boots, plaid shirts. Very conservative and very drab. He hates to shop for clothes. I can't go shopping often enough.

Bernadina
09-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Strictly jeans, cowboy boots, plaid shirts. Very conservative and very drab. He hates to shop for clothes. I can't go shopping often enough.

He hates to go clothes shopping too. The drab clothes in the stores are boring, dull and ill fitting.

The few clothes he has are coodinated, tend to be a bit stylish and fit well. He has learnt a fair amount about colour and style sense from me.

And he always wears my panties, pantihose, earrings and lipstick.

jessicadiane
09-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Well for me I just find most mens fashions are not terribly interesting and usually very uncomfortable.

You hit the nail on the head Erica. With his wardrobe he can wear whatever he wants to and I could care less.Nothing exciting at all.With my wardrobe I can select a blouse and wear it with a number of skirts or a different style dress and with shoes he owns like maybe two pairs whereas I own 4 or more and I can get diffirent styles and colors

Jen_TGCD
09-13-2004, 03:50 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day. My guy wardrobe has really suffered in the last five years... since I really got into the "shopping for women's wear" thing. Down here in the Southwest (USA), dressing up, for men, is what I call the "clean jeans" look. I can go anywhere in a chambray shirt, stone washed jeans and my black cowboy boots. I have been making an effort to update my male look a bit and at least have some other clothing options besides denim and cotton. I love rayon shirts and the new micro-fiber pants are nice. The micro-fiber t-shirts feel great, too... not scratchy like the "Fruit of the Loom" junk. Some of my female clothes are androgynous and wear those when I can.

I do take extra time to get ready in male mode... I like to at least leave the house looking "clean" and fresh. I file my nails almost every morning while I'm sipping that first cup of coffee. Then I do the "cleanse and moisturize" face thing... dead skin cells don't look good on a man either! Makes shaving easier, too. In the shower, I use my little pink puff to wash with and a nice scented shower gel. Then... more moisturizer (all over), select a pair of panties, dry my hair and pat on a little translucent power to get rid of the shine. Takes about an hour or so. (Takes me 4 or 5 hours to get ready in female mode.)

The major bummer in the morning is having to take off the nightgown and robe and put on jeans, a cotton shirt (long sleeves rolled up to the elbow) and my clunky work shoes. I love working with antiques and art so it is tolerable and practical.

So, anyway, I spend more of my time as a man and have to remind myself that the guy needs attention, too!!! :o
---Jen---------

SAUNDRAH
09-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi girls,
i have to agree with you all on this issue.my guy stuff is realy lacking.two pair of hard shoes(brown and black),a couple of pairs of sneakers,maybe ten t-shirts,boxers and three pair of draw string pants i'v gotten too many miles out of.since i work graveyard i can get away with tees.
He hates to go clothes shopping at any store.and for him,he has to go and try things on.being a big boy and all.
But for saundrah,thank god for the internet.i would love to show up at work as her.

GraceUSA
09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I guess I'm an odd ball because I love both (though I've never liked ties). I love shopping even if it can get discouraging at times. Its so hard to find clothes I like and not be able to find my size. I'll find racks of M to XXL sizes for mens and nothing in small, and forget pants. Thankfully they expect girls to be thinner for my height and I can get clothes that fit.

My typical style is usually a pair of fashionable jeans and a fitted T, polo shirt or a layered top for either womens clothes or mens. I also tend to mix it together alot though I tend to only wear my most fem things (or tops that needs breasts to look right) at home when I'm not expecting to go out.

Grace

Rachel Ann
09-14-2004, 11:07 PM
I guess he was always a bit of a fop. Givenchy everything - suits, ties, shorts, socks, cologne.

On weekends just Levis t-shirt and sneakers though

Youthanasia
09-15-2004, 01:45 AM
My guy stuff consists of a pair of Airwalks on the verge of retirement, a new pair of Chuck Taylor Hi-tops (Black and Red) and whatever is on the clearence rack for jeans. As for shirts, mostly a bunch of heavy metal band shirts, ones with absurd sayings and a hawaiian shirt. Don't really care what goes on in the morning, as long as it smells clean and it's stain-less. Holes are a different matter though. But shopping is a blast no matter who I go out as. You never know what you're going to find, ethier in store or on the net.