PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to get cold feet

Launa
07-19-2012, 11:07 PM
I plan on going out dressed this Saturday night to a club but I will be by myself right from the get go until I get to the bar. Apparently the bar is CD friendly but nobody from our Tri-ess group seems to be going and I don't know many CD sisters in my town. I've been gung ho for days thinking about going out but I'm starting to get the cold feet syndrome. In my mind I'm thinking the minute I step out the door that the sky will fall. This is starting to bug me, I need a sister to say its going to be ok BUT I MUST FACE THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY!!! Ya its got to be done!
Wish me luck.

Diana Bain
07-19-2012, 11:13 PM
The first time out is always the hardest...believe in yourself. Take your time getting ready, then stand tall...you'll be fine. Good luck and enjoy.

Cynthia Anne
07-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Get out that door and don't look back! You know you will regrett it if you don't go! Be brave young lady! 'Cause you know you're worth it! Hugs!

Duana
07-19-2012, 11:29 PM
The hardest part is leaving the security of your car. My advice is to not give yourself time to think about it. The instant you park, get out and get going. Once you do, it's all downhill. If you sit in the car thinking about it, you may never go.

jsunic_1978
07-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Just go to dots, the avenue, Cato fashions and all female clothing stores. Most will assume your not gay and just like women's clothes. women are really accepting. most may not want to date us but they find it cute and they are helpful. Just smile enjoy your self and take a female friend. People really don't pay attention at least were dressed (clothes) LOL Also, coffee houses are safe places to go. I go out all the time.

We just have to be careful at night and around places that serve alcohol. sober men in day light, they wont even bother, trust me.

DeeArel
07-20-2012, 01:12 AM
There is always a bit of fear going someplace for the first time or the first time dressed to that place. I get it all the time even after 40 years of venturing out. My fears are are in my head. Got them again tonight when I dressed to shop in Nashville and then visit a friendly tavern. Overcoming them was worth it as I had a wonderful time.

Eryn
07-20-2012, 01:34 AM
If you know the place you're going and what you'll do when you get there you'll be fine. Just be careful if you're out after dark. Don't do anything a cautious GG wouldn't do.

jsunic_1978
07-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Time and places for everything and all about that safety net. I went to stores as a guy before I went out dressed I got the word out. I only go as a guy to stores I go to as a girl. society isn't as judgmental now and besides... there are big problems in the world I think we bring a little light after a minute as something positively different. People get to forget for a second of the big problems in the world :)

kimdl93
07-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Just suck it up and make that first step, follow it with the second one and pretty soon you'll be there. Act like you own the place, even if you're scared sh**less at first. You'll calm down and have a great time!

sonna
07-20-2012, 08:38 AM
just try getting dressed up and driving to the parking lot of the place of
were you want to go.
even if you dont go in at least you got out of the house.

also if this place is cd friendly its good way to meat new people and new friends
with like interest. (just saying)

hope you have a good time

ronda
07-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I just walked out my front door about a mouth ago and the sky did not nobody yelled hey look at that guy in a dress the clothes police not not come and take me away i drove to my friends house got out of the car and walked into her house and nothing happened then came back home and still the same the only thing that happen was i had a fun time so Prissy Girl just go do it and have fun Hugs Ronda

Karren H
07-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Think everyone who's gone out enfemme has had "chicken little" syndrome..... Go....

Launa
07-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the replies girls, just to let you all know that I "have been" out 2 times before but they were different cause once was last halloween which doesn't count in my opinion and the other time was at a CD fuction. Both times we went straight from a hotel room right to a gay bar. The difference here is that this bar/restaurant I'm going to is a classy bar and apparently is CD friendly but not a gay bar. I will be flying solo on this venture as the wife does not want to go with me even though she told me to go for it.
You're all right in telling me to face the fear and do it.....I'm going to do my best. Did I mention there are all sorts of other bars close by and we have a sold out UFC event in town tomorrow night? Lol

jsunic_1978
07-21-2012, 01:35 AM
This is 2012 for cryp sakes LOL This shouldn't be brand new to people. society has bigger issues that are actually harmful to be concerned with. I do not let what people think control ny life anymore. What they think will not hurt me, but I keep this away from anyone closely related to the jobs I work.