PDA

View Full Version : OMG I did it

Ashley D.
07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Well I took that step thismorning I talked to my wife.
And it almost could not have went better.
She was up set that I didn't tell her sooner.
She wants to take it slow and give her time to agust.
But all n all is happy I trust he to shear that part of my life.
Yay I'm so happy today:battingeyelashes:

kimdl93
07-20-2012, 12:28 PM
That's great, Ashley. Now it's critical to be patient and receptive to her feedback. Best of luck to both of you!

geri-tg.
07-20-2012, 12:50 PM
That is wonderful. My best day was the day I came out to my wife many many years ago.

Eryn
07-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Congratulations!

Now the important thing is to pay attention to your wife's needs. Make sure that she is happy and you will, in turn, be happy.

Would she consider joining the forum?

Tracii G
07-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Great news!! Main thing is don't push it and let her adjust and by all means listen to her and respect what she has to say.

Shelly Preston
07-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Congratulations Ashley

You are doing the right thing by taking things slow.

Please remember there may be a few problems along the way but good communications can get you through them.

BLUE ORCHID
07-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi Ashley, The ball is in her court now go slow and don't push it.

Barbara Ella
07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Congratulations, i am so happy for you for coming out, and so very happy for the reception. As everyone here has said, and I will add my experience. If you think you are going slow, go slower. Do not try to surprise her. Be ready to answer all questions, and begin to assemble books for her to read. We went too rapidly, and are paying the price now, so be a tortoise.

Barbara

Ashley D.
07-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm the happiest girl in the world today!
Yes slow is the way. She has been talking to me about it a lot.
Best of all she wants is to go shopping soon yay. This is a dream come to life.

RADER
07-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi Ashley;
I am happy for you, having a wife that go's along with your desires is a great thing.
My wife is also OK with my dressing, and often makes suggestions as how and what
to wear. I am glad you are going shopping together, have fun .
Rader

BRANDYJ
07-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm glad to here that you told your wife and that it went well Ashley. But let me say it just like everyone else has already said. GO SLOW, DON"T PUSH, and most of all show your wife how much you appreciate her. Not just love her, but really appreciate her for her love and acceptance. You have a treasure in her understanding.

mbmeen12
07-20-2012, 05:03 PM
She was up set that I didn't tell her sooner
Crawl, walk, run is my catch phrase...Very happy for you...Now take her shopping and give her your womanly opinion...The relationship will go to another level...

Alice B
07-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Very good. Now you have a large weight off your back. Just take it slow and don't push. Give her time to adjust and keep talking about how you and she feel.

Jolene Robertson
07-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Ashley, Isn't it great! I was in the closet for years, the biggest question from the wife was "why didn't you tell me before?".

P.S. You're going to need a bigger closet...

Hugs
Jolene

Cynthia Anne
07-21-2012, 05:28 AM
Good for you Ashley! It's nice to hear things went so well for you!

jillleanne
07-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Congratulations on a successful coming out Ashley. You are among many that have had the same outcome. Just remember, it was her love and trust that accepted you for who you are, so be sure to reciprocate those feelings to her. Go slow and communicate and all will be glorious for you both. Another happy story!

Tina B.
07-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Well done Ashly, the day I told my wife, 37 years ago, turned out to be the smartest thing I ever did in life. It took a scared little man, and turned him into a very happy crossdresser!
Don't push to hard and scare her (I did, took a little work to undo the harm) and it could work as good for you as it did me. I'm in the closet by mutual choice, but dress at home when ever I want, in what ever I want, and it's all good. Over the years as she got used to me being in a dress, and after retiring, I found myself able to dress more, and as she got used to me being in a skirt more than pants, we both have become very comfortable wit me in a skirt, or capri's and really nether of us gives it much thought at all.
Tina B.

Ashley D.
07-21-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm so lucky,
I spent the day yesterday with my wife. We talked a lot.
Mostly about things we can do together and how things will be from now on.
We are bothe happier with Ashley being part of are life.

BRANDYJ
07-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Ashley, that is really great news! It sounds like your wife is very willing to not only fully accept this part of you, but to fully participate in it with with. Do tell, what kinds of things did you both talk about doing together? Inquiring minds wanna know. Was it you suggesting to her what you can do together, or was some of it her suggestions as well?

Ashley D.
07-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Ashley, that is really great news! It sounds like your wife is very willing to not only fully accept this part of you, but to fully participate in it with with. Do tell, what kinds of things did you both talk about doing together? Inquiring minds wanna know. Was it you suggesting to her what you can do together, or was some of it her suggestions as well?

We have bothe put thing to do together in the pot.
But she wants to go shopping today for some things for Ashley.
I don't know what she will get me but I can't wate to net home and see!

BRANDYJ
07-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Sounds great! Just as long as your wife is having as much fun with it as you are, everything will be fine. I can feel your excitment of your first shopping trip with your wife to let her help pick out things for you.

MelanieB
07-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi Ashley, well done...it takes a lot of nerve to open up to your wife

As others here have said, do take things slowly. Your wife has only just learned of this thing and was probably totally unaware of any of this before you told her..

This only took place 2 days ago and her head is likely to be fairly unsettled about all the implications from her masculine all-man husband dressing up in ladies clothing....

Be careful not to push...it may well seem she is fully acceptingat the moment but may have a down day tomorrow as other ideas come to the fore and start playing on her mind.....give her time to adjust fully and let her lead the way

Try not to prod her into doing things now that she has only just thought of yesterday....give her time to breathe and hopefully there will be no problems

Wishing you well..good luck to both of you

Tracii G
07-22-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm so glad she is accepting this well and wants to let you express your femme side.
Always include her don't go overboard and cause problems.In time it should be normal to her.

Stephanie47
07-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Let her absorb this new side of you. Let her set her own pace. She may want to establish boundaries and limitations, which you will have to accept. Marriage is an ongoing series of negotiations. Nothing should be done unilaterally.

Josie M
07-22-2012, 08:55 PM
That's wonderful news Ashley :)

Ashley D.
07-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Thank you everyone for all the will wishes.
I started off with the plan to take things slow and let Kimberly ( my wife) set the pace.
But she has hit the ground running. It didnt hit me till last night when we got together.
Ashley was a bigest part of me and was who she fell in love with by pushing her back it changed who I was.
Now with Ashley back I'm back in the past days. Kimberly and I have fell back in love.
What I was afraid would end thing has saved our us.
I just wish I had said something sooner.