PDA

View Full Version : Old skirt that fits finally

Nikki Len
07-20-2012, 12:43 PM
As a truckdriver, I put on the weight after 12 years on the road. After I was told my sugar was high, I went on a diet. After 9 weeks on it I was able to wear my front split skirt in size 20 and it was around stomach near my belly button not under my fat. It felt great. Skirt is black and comes 4" above the knees. And is a flowing type skirt. I am going to miss it when i can not wear it any more because of the wieght
I go t up to 305 lbs and got down to 278 lbs went I found a doctor. Last time I went in I weight 254. Only 64 lbs to go.:D
Nikki Len

RADER
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Good for you, and I can relate to bouncing around in a truck. You just do not
get the exercises you would get doing something else.
Rader

Roberta Young
07-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Nikki. that is fantastic news! good for you girl! watch your sugar readings stay on top of it. Luv Roberta

Cynthia Anne
07-20-2012, 04:09 PM
That is great Nikki! Not onlywill you look better but youwill feel better too! Hugs!

MsJanessa
07-20-2012, 07:55 PM
dont you love it when a plan starts to work out---keep it up

Tracii G
07-20-2012, 11:43 PM
The DOT regulations are changing here soon and they are going to use a BMI type scale and if you are considered obese it will be harder to pass a physical.
The rules and regs are very strict and getting worse.
Getting a driving job will get much harder for people with a little extra weight.
I have been a commercial truck driver for close to 40 years and so much has changed.Getting more PC and or "Green" if you will.
Companies don't care about the driver or their families now a days and that is sad.
Used to be it was a vocation that held respect but now there are so many drivers that don't care and I blame the companies for not respecting the driver and his/her family.
Long hours thru the worst weather that no one should be out in much less driving a big truck.When you get back to the terminal you are totally drained and they want you to go back out if you have one hour of driving time left.
Picture this I lived 2 miles from the terminal,came in from a run had one hour of driving time left on my logs.I said look I need to go home take a shower,lay down and get some rest.
I had been thru a tornado that day, super high cross winds on the interstate plus slick highways,heavy traffic (Nashville Tenn at rush hour).
They said nope you have to go right back out and where ever you run out of hours park it and take your 8 hour break.
That is a case of a company being totally cold and heartless.
I fueled the truck up parked it and went to the house and slept in my bed.Came back 8 hours later and took the run.

Nikki I'm very proud of you for losing the weight its hard I know because I have been there.

One more thing to mention the general public doesn't really know how hard that job is they just think all you do is drive how hard can that be? they think a monkey could do it.
Well that is far from reality you have other duties and federal rules you have to follow.
You are responsible for the truck and its contents,All the people around you as well, so many dangers and stressful situations.You are literally risking your life every time you get behind the wheel.You are 65+ feet long and weigh up to 82,000 lbs and thats a lot to have to control trust me with all the crazy drivers out there(other truck drivers too).
If you are involved an accident and some one dies even if its not your fault you will loose your job because of it.All this due to the liability issues.I have seen this happen to quite a few drivers..
People its a thankless job and a lot harder than you think.
This too a commercial driver can't just go home relax drink a few beers and go to bed like most people can.If a driver does drink a few beers before bed this situation can happen I've seen it.If at work the next day and someone backs into your truck or say a car hits you its an accident right? You didn't cause it you just were involved,guess what general public the driver will still have to go get a drug and alcohol test that is company policy.The clinic or DR draws blood well if there is a trace of alcohol the driver will probably loose his job and his license depending on the amount of residual alcohol in his system.

Nikki Len
07-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.
Nikki

Kathy4ever
07-21-2012, 03:47 AM
You might miss it when you lose more weight but think of the new skirts you will fit in and look better in you and you will forget that old skirt pretty quick.

Tracii G
07-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I kept all my bigger outfits after I lost weight for some reason.Maybe to remind me or further motivation to keep the weight off I'm not sure.
Good for you Nikki.

Tina B.
07-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Never mind giving up a skirt that is to big for you, just think of the shopping you will get to do. I've gone from a 2X, down to a large, and am finding shopping a lot more fun, and the clothes a lot prettier, and of course, they look better on! Enjoy the new you! The worst thing I got out of years in a truck, was a pot belly, that has been a job to get rid of.
Tina B.

bridget thronton
07-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Well someone weight loss

BLUE ORCHID
07-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi Nikki, I droped over 25# and a bunch of m favorite skirts fit again.

AngieStone
07-21-2012, 08:25 PM
I recently bought a black skirt a few sizes small to give me an incentive to keep up with the weight loss. 15 lbs and going hope to slip into the new skirt soon. It is funny that I am more willing to lose weight so I can fit into a smaller dress size, but not willing to do it to fit into smaller male jeans. What ever works with the weight loss right!

Nikki Len
07-24-2012, 07:30 AM
You are right on the money and also forgot to add that after a accident, the truck is always blame first and get the ticket because we are mean nasty truck drivers. The sad part of my job is I really hate it but I need to do it. I would like to be home sleeping in my bed and not see the lower 48 states. Many of you is going to asked why am I out here for. Well. It all started 12 years ago, I started asking questions why my wife is not getting pregant. After a few test, which was normal, the doctor could not give us a answer. We were out of money and the company that I work at was going under. I need to jump. So I went to trucking school. Made good money. I got to the point now when someone say that they are sorry that we are having trouble having kids, I just snap. Telling them I don't want their pitty. If you are not willing to help, don't say a word. I have been out here for 12 years and I am tired. Since then I got high BP, high CHL, and now the big D. I have only have two weeks off for fun. And I work on those two week at home. I did take off for my step mother, brother, and grandmother death. I just don't understand sometime why things happen the way it does. And no the insurance will not pay for any treatments, but they will pay for birth control and abortion, but when a woman can not have a baby, that is selective. WTF???????????????????????????

Sorry if I bore you girls, just had to vent alittle. Someone asked why we don't have kids last night and you know, it put me in a bad mood.

Nikki Len

The DOT regulations are changing here soon and they are going to use a BMI type scale and if you are considered obese it will be harder to pass a physical.
The rules and regs are very strict and getting worse.
Getting a driving job will get much harder for people with a little extra weight.
I have been a commercial truck driver for close to 40 years and so much has changed.Getting more PC and or "Green" if you will.
Companies don't care about the driver or their families now a days and that is sad.
Used to be it was a vocation that held respect but now there are so many drivers that don't care and I blame the companies for not respecting the driver and his/her family.
Long hours thru the worst weather that no one should be out in much less driving a big truck.When you get back to the terminal you are totally drained and they want you to go back out if you have one hour of driving time left.
Picture this I lived 2 miles from the terminal,came in from a run had one hour of driving time left on my logs.I said look I need to go home take a shower,lay down and get some rest.
I had been thru a tornado that day, super high cross winds on the interstate plus slick highways,heavy traffic (Nashville Tenn at rush hour).
They said nope you have to go right back out and where ever you run out of hours park it and take your 8 hour break.
That is a case of a company being totally cold and heartless.
I fueled the truck up parked it and went to the house and slept in my bed.Came back 8 hours later and took the run.

Nikki I'm very proud of you for losing the weight its hard I know because I have been there.

One more thing to mention the general public doesn't really know how hard that job is they just think all you do is drive how hard can that be? they think a monkey could do it.
Well that is far from reality you have other duties and federal rules you have to follow.
You are responsible for the truck and its contents,All the people around you as well, so many dangers and stressful situations.You are literally risking your life every time you get behind the wheel.You are 65+ feet long and weigh up to 82,000 lbs and thats a lot to have to control trust me with all the crazy drivers out there(other truck drivers too).
If you are involved an accident and some one dies even if its not your fault you will loose your job because of it.All this due to the liability issues.I have seen this happen to quite a few drivers..
People its a thankless job and a lot harder than you think.
This too a commercial driver can't just go home relax drink a few beers and go to bed like most people can.If a driver does drink a few beers before bed this situation can happen I've seen it.If at work the next day and someone backs into your truck or say a car hits you its an accident right? You didn't cause it you just were involved,guess what general public the driver will still have to go get a drug and alcohol test that is company policy.The clinic or DR draws blood well if there is a trace of alcohol the driver will probably loose his job and his license depending on the amount of residual alcohol in his system.

Mollyanne
07-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi Traci, COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!! LIKE YOU, I WAS AN OTR TRUCKER ALSO, THEN STAYED LOCAL. YOU ARE SOOOOO RIGHT WHEN YOU MENTION THE ATTITUDE OF THE TRUCKING COMPANIES THESE DAYS. I REALLY AM GLAD THAT I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ANY LONGER. I AM OW OFFICIALLY RETIRED. ONE OTHER THING THOUGH, THE "NEW" BREED OF DRIVER HAS NO CLUE ABOUT HOW TO HANDLE HIS RIG OR COURTESY.

Molly

Michelle (Oz)
07-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Never mind giving up a skirt that is to big for you, just think of the shopping you will get to do. I've gone from a 2X, down to a large, and am finding shopping a lot more fun, and the clothes a lot prettier, and of course, they look better on! Enjoy the new you! The worst thing I got out of years in a truck, was a pot belly, that has been a job to get rid of.
Tina B.Nikki and Tina - that's a great effort.

Looking good in a dress and enjoying the far greater range and attractiveness of L and XL sizes over plus sizes is sure a powerful incentive to lose weight (and inches).

I've lost 26lb so far but at least 40 lb to go. Tina, you have achieved my target of size L.

Nikki Len
07-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks, it is a good incentive to lose the weight, but health is the first. I figured I have about three more years team OTR. As for the skirt, I can always found another great skirt later. :P.

On a side not, my wife bought me a size 18 evening gown that goes to the floor. I can not get into it yet, about 225 lbs should be able to wear it then. My wife thinks it will drive me to lose it more. Boy, I sure do love her. My wife accept my CD, but don't understand why I do it, she support it. She has not met other CD's SO so she can asked questions or compare notes. We really don't have to many friends at home.

Nikki Len

Nikki and Tina - that's a great effort.

Looking good in a dress and enjoying the far greater range and attractiveness of L and XL sizes over plus sizes is sure a powerful incentive to lose weight (and inches).

I've lost 26lb so far but at least 40 lb to go. Tina, you have achieved my target of size L.

Michelle (Oz)
07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
On a side not, my wife bought me a size 18 evening gown that goes to the floor. I can not get into it yet, about 225 lbs should be able to wear it then. You are so fortunate to have such a thoughtful wife.

Interesting that 225lb will be size 18 for you. You have a terrific incentive. 220lb is my first goal so hope that will also be an 18.

Nikki Len
07-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I am just guesting about 225lbs.
Nikki

You are so fortunate to have such a thoughtful wife.

Interesting that 225lb will be size 18 for you. You have a terrific incentive. 220lb is my first goal so hope that will also be an 18.