PDA

View Full Version : Any eye doctors or optometrists out there?

marybeth_1967
07-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Not sure if this question has ever come up before. On Friday, I had time to enjoy my inner self. I had a scheduled appointment on Saturday with my eye doctor--annual exam. I didn’t even think twice about it until one of the tech's lead me to a station to start the examination process and testing. The next thing I know is I am sitting within 2 inches of this person and she has a powerful scope looking into my eyes! Suddenly the fear of slight traces of makeup hit me! Mascara? Eye liner?

I use a moisturizing make up remover and scrub my face really well after my time but I was really freaked. My wife has told me in the past when I have not done a great job. I use a Mac black out eye shadow as eye liner. It can take some work to get it off but it is less forgiving than the eyeliner paint you can by at a drug store.

So with all of this going through my mind, 10 minutes later, I'm in the doctor’s chair and he is doing the same thing saying that the tech thought they saw some foreign particles in one of my eyes! Yikes! He had me looking up and down--to the sides and keep looking--finally says I see anything that has him concerned.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have trace amounts of makeup settle into our eyes? I was more worried about the obvious traces on the outside of our eyes but never considered this.

Thanks

Ashley in Virginia
07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Paranoid much?.....

I dont think the eye doctor cares. And if it can only be seen by someone sitting right in front of you with a magnifying glass, i dont think its gonna be noticeable to other people.

JenniferR771
07-22-2012, 03:46 PM
I told my eye doctor--so I am not too worried. The girls helped me pick out unisex frames. Actually I tried on several women's frames just for fun.

RenneB
07-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Okay here's a few tips that I use. Yes I do use the waterproof maskara and tend to go a little overboard but here's how I get it off.

First a few tissues with eye makeup remover. I let them soak on the eyelid for about 20 seconds and then rub off. I use a fresh one for each eye. Then after a quick shower, I'm back at the mirror. This time I use a cotton swab soaked in the remover and then rub in the areas that appear to be a little dark... Finally, I take a fresh cotton swab dipped in saline solution and gently pull back the lower lid and swab it in there making sure that I get all of the left over black out..

That's what works for me...

Hope this helps...

Renne.....

Diane Smith
07-22-2012, 03:52 PM
I've gone to the optometrist fully en femme a couple of times with no incident. Among other things, I have permanent (tattooed) eyeliner and shadow, so there's absolutely no hiding it when I have my eyes examined. The only time it has even come up was when I was being prepped for cataract surgery on my left eye a couple of years ago, and the nurse said I'd have to take off my makeup before I went in the OR. I told her why I couldn't do that, and we had a nice chuckle and a knowing wink about it, and that was that. I've long given up trying to hide anything about my presentation from any medical personnel; if they don't care for it, it's their job to keep that to themselves.

- Diane

Eryn
07-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Believe it or not, guys occasionally wear eyeliner for various reasons. Acting, goth culture, anime, and, umm, crossdressing.

The eye doctor sees eye makeup all day. A dot or two of eyeliner isn't even going to register.

Even if it did, what is the doctor going to do? "Ewwww, this guy might be a crossdresser, I'm going to give him the wrong prescription!"

Tracii G
07-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

sterling12
07-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Sure it's possible to get specs of mascara and eyeliner on the retina and the eyeball, but they don't look at all like the kinds of anomalies that The Doctor is looking for. I wouldn't be worried about that problem at all! Professional Rectitude is not going to allow that doctor to say anything about it. Doctor is NOT going to put up A Billboard at The Edge of Town announcing your Gender Status.

As other's have noted, the presence of cosmetic could be there for many reason's. Maybe your a Macho-Softball Leaguer and you got that mascara/eyeblack a little to close to your eyes? (rubbed the eyes when you were sweating out there on The Diamond?) Maybe it just don't matter, and it's not anyone's business!

If you had wrapped panties around your head, he would have been impressed! But, not for this reason. Go find something else to worry yourself about.

Peace and Love, Joanie

sandra-leigh
07-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I did it the easy way, I went to an optometrist who already knew: my next-door neighbour. Oh, and I think I showed up in a skirt for one of the appointments, in case she had forgotten.

BLUE ORCHID
07-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Marybeth, You don't really think that you are the first male that he's seen with makeup on.
If he's been in pratice any length of time he's seen it all.
Don't even give a thought.

Laura912
07-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Some eye shadows have bits of mica in them to give a sparkle. Most likely that is what they saw floating on the sclera or white of the eye which is why you were asked to look in several directions.