PDA

View Full Version : Great experience at dinner

Amanda22
07-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Last night, my wife and I had a "girlfriend" dinner out at our favorite Thai restaurant. We had been to this restaurant many times as wife and husband (myself not en femme), so they definitely know us as a couple.

Anyhow, when our server (in her 20s) came to our table to introduce herself and get our drink orders, she couldn't help looking at me closely. Then she said in a friendly manner, "I recognize you. You're pretty and look classy." That was so nice. The rest of the evening, she smiled at me whenever she walked by, addressed us as "ladies" and asked if we wanted one check or two (since we were obviously just girlfriends and not a couple for gosh sakes!)

I told her I really appreciated her effort to treat me so well. Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good :)

betty1253
07-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Wow Amanda, how cool is that! Acceptance without judgment is a has to be a huge boost to you morale.

Betty

Sheren Kelly
07-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good :)

Amanda,
I'm with you here. I don't feel it necessary to be "read" as a woman in order to be treated with dignity.
I feel I should be treated with dignity while expressing my femininity simply because it is the right thing to do.

stacycoral
07-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Mandy, girl sounds like alot of fun, special girlfriends, i wish i could go out like that with my SO, she still is nerves from last halloween, she would if she could keep me at home dress only, but as you know once out, it hard not wanting to go out again, Hugs.

Rachel Morley
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi Amanda! :hugs: Wow .... that's such an awesome thing to hear :)Going out with one's SO as two girls is such a wonderful thing to do and I do it myself from time to time too. My wife always insists that I order for myself using my (attempted) femme voice but it's her who "treats her girlfriend to dinner" :D

I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife are still embracing this side of yourself with togetherness and especially her participation. Wives like yours are special.

RADER
07-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Amanda; That is so nice, I see why you return to the friendly restaurant.
I would die to have the chance you have.
Rader

Genny B
07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
I think I would of left the biggest tip I ever had after that! Good for all of you!

BLUE ORCHID
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Amanda, That's a wonderful story I can only imagine that you were on cloud #9
and you are so very lucky to have such a great wife.

RebeccaLynne
07-23-2012, 10:00 PM
I think I would of left the biggest tip I ever had after that!

My thought as well. Make it cash, if possible... what the IRS can't trace is plausibly deniable.

Amanda, I'll bet you were ecstatic... and your wife's participation was essential to the overall experience. Thanks for the uplifting and inspirational sharing.:)

bridget thronton
07-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Sounds like a lovelyevening

Eryn
07-24-2012, 01:21 AM
That was a great story! I liked the part about being asked about separate checks, something unexpected that has happened to my wife and I several times when she dined with Eryn.

DanaR
07-24-2012, 01:48 AM
A very nice story. Places like that make you feel really welcome, thanks for sharing.

ReineD
07-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good :)

My SO feels the same way. :hugs:

If people can get over their fear of being read, their worlds will open up tremendously. :)

linda allen
07-24-2012, 05:53 AM
My thought as well. Make it cash, if possible... what the IRS can't trace is plausibly deniable.
Helping someone with tax evasion is not something I really want to do. When someone else doesn't pay their fair share, taxpayers (like me) have to pay more.

That said, I tip in cash because some restaurants have a policy of deducting the credit card processing fee from server's tips. That seems a little unfair.

Hi Amanda! :hugs: Wow .... that's such an awesome thing to hear :)Going out with one's SO as two girls is such a wonderful thing to do and I do it myself from time to time too. My wife always insists that I order for myself using my (attempted) femme voice but it's her who "treats her girlfriend to dinner" :D

I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife are still embracing this side of yourself with togetherness and especially her participation. Wives like yours are special.

It is a great story and I am jealous. I'm not at the point where I'm fully dressed around my wife but she is becoming more comfortable with it each day.

My dream is to do what Amanda and he wife did, go out on the town as two ladies. Shop, sightsee, and dine. I'm hoping to get there someday.

Paulette
07-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Very nice story, I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your time. I agree it doesn't matter if I am read , I just want to be treated like the lady that I am presenting.

Billiebluenose1878 GG
07-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Thats a great story Amanda ...... i bet you felt great and yes i would have tipped her a bit extra ....xxxx

kimdl93
07-24-2012, 03:13 PM
That is absolutely wonderful, Mandy. I bet you still are smiling about how well you were served, and the very classy, complimentary and accepting attitude displayed by your server. What a delightful young lady. I'm sure you gave her a great tip!

Bree Wagner
07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Fabulous story and absolutely amazing from someone that knew you.

I told her I really appreciated her effort to treat me so well. Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good :)

I think you're going to get an awful lot of people who completely agree with you here. No way I could have said it better!

-Bree

goofus
07-24-2012, 10:31 PM
That's cool, except for her assumption that y'all couldn't be possibly be a couple (because any man that dresses as a woman MUST be gay?)

Amanda22
07-24-2012, 10:40 PM
That's cool, except for her assumption that y'all couldn't be possibly be a couple (because any man that dresses as a woman MUST be gay?)

She was honoring the situation as my wife and I presented it - two girlfriends out for dinner. In my experience, two women are given the choice of one check or two. It was the utmost demonstration of respect on her part and my wife and I really appreciated it. ** Her generous tip was very well deserved! **

docrobbysherry
07-24-2012, 11:05 PM

Amanda, I'll bet you were ecstatic... and your wife's participation was essential to the overall experience. Thanks for the uplifting and inspirational sharing.:)
Actually, the IRS solved this issue years ago, Becca. If you're a waiter or ress, dealer, carhop, etc., etc., that normally receives tips, the IRS uses their own tip chart to compute your tip tax due! My sister in law was a dealer in Vegas. Suddenly out of the blue the IRS sent all of them bills for unpaid taxes on what they guessed their average tips had been!

Obviously you've never dealt with the IRS! There's no such thing as "plausible deniability" with them! U owe whatever they say u do unless u can absolutely prove beyond a reasonable doubt u DON'T owe that amount! Plus interest. plus penalties!