PDA

View Full Version : what do you see when you look in the mirror

jackie k
07-23-2012, 08:09 PM
This weekend I managed to girl up for just a little while. I put on my makeup, my favorite earrings, little black dress, heels, and did my hair. And when I was finished I felt wonderful. Pretty. Then I made the mistake of seeing myself in the mirror. And I was so disappointed. Sad. I know I'll never pass. I just wish I could look half as pretty as I feel. Maybe some day I'll have the guts to post a pic.

Christie Camelle
07-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Hun, you will always be your own worst critic. Close your eyes and look beyond the reflection in the mirror to the deepest place in your heart. Then open your eyes and see the beautiful woman looking back at you. :-)

brenne
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
This weekend I managed to girl up for just a little while. I put on my makeup, my favorite earrings, little black dress, heels, and did my hair. And when I was finished I felt wonderful. Pretty. Then I made the mistake of seeing myself in the mirror. And I was so disappointed. Sad. I know I'll never pass. I just wish I could look half as pretty as I feel. Maybe some day I'll have the guts to post a pic.
Well, my mirror's not all it's cracked to be ... tee hee hee ...

Seriously: Jackie: If you feel pretty, just feel pretty - and show us some pics of you feeling pretty - and that pretty feeling will show, OK hon?

Kimberlyfaye
07-23-2012, 08:24 PM
When I get dressed up full femme all I see is the girl inside getting out and smiling at me. Although I never feel as though I would pass, I do think I look pretty. I'm way more vain than when in guy mode. Seriously don't let me in front of a mirror when en femme. I would be there for the day! I would agree with Amber. Believe in yourself that you're pretty and then you'll see that woman inside smile. Us girls like to be complimented :)

RADER
07-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Well the mirror was never kind to me. I see a big guy wearing a dress.
That is about all I could ever hope to see.
Rader

STACY B
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Tell ya what I see ???? FAT LADY ,,, Well its the truth !!!

RADER
07-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Tell ya what I see ???? FAT LADY ,,, Well its the truth !!!

OK- OK you got me; you must be able to see my mirror also.
Rader

TeresaL
07-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Chin up, there are lots of GG's who feel the same way. Disclaimer: I don't know any though.

AllieSF
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow, I love all the replies so far. I am pretty good at self survival, i.e. avoid taking on negative emotional and mental baggage that may tarnish the joy I get out of this late in life new and fun experience that I continue to grow into. When I first started dressing, actually probably the first time totally made up when I was dressing with someone I met on line, I looked in a large hand held mirror after finishing the makeup and putting on a wig. What I saw was myself totally transformed into me in another gender. I had a smile on my face for the next few months every time I dressed up by myself at home just remembering that major change in my looks.

I still to this day cannot believe the total transformation that happens every time I dress up. Now, I do have those occasional moments when I truly and realistically look at myself in the mirror and see that old man trying to look like something that "he" is not. Now, that is when my survival techniques takes over and I tell myself that I have always known and understood that, and that since I do not plan on raining on my own parade, I immediately erase that thought from my mind and thus keep that negativity out of my baggage compartment. So, I take that positive attitude and self acceptance on the road and go out into the real world and try to be myself and have fun. And the truth is I have been successful doing that every time out. For me it comes naturally and maybe for you it may take some work. Maybe start by realizing how much you really can change your looks from male to female mode. That is not easy, but everyone of us can see that difference, independently from what others see. Yes, we would like others to see that, but unfortunately or maybe fortunately they probably do not know what our male self, the raw canvas that we started to create this new self of ours, really looks like. Therefore, if you can't celebrate for now the final product, you can always celebrate that ability to transform yourself. By building up those positive thoughts in your mind, your long looks into that awful and truthful mirror will eventually become short glances at the finished product to make sure that you got that mascara smudge off the middle of your forehead before heading out the door.

wife stephanie<3
07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself. I agree with Amber Lyn: you will always be your worst critic. I have that problem...I don't like what I see either. But keep doing what you are doing because it makes you feel good. Build confidence. There are plenty of people here that will build you up once you do post a pic. Trust me, I have seen where others have posted pics and the comments build people up.

Tasha McIntyre
07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
What do I see?

The other side of me that has spent too long hiding, but is now free to explore the world :)

Cynthia Anne
07-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I see a lonely ol' lady that wants to go shopping!:D And she always wins!:heehee:

Talldrinkofwater
07-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Maybe it's just lighting, but certain mirrors are kinder than others. The mirror in the salon is a fantastic friend, but the one in my bathroom is pure evil. Like it's the talking mirror from Snow White. Guess it never heard the saying...."if you don't have anything nice to say..." ;)

Traceyjo
07-24-2012, 06:49 AM
When I dress myself in a set of my favourite clothes, do my make-up carefully, put on my jewellry and a wig that suits my face I'm nearly always delighted with what I see in my mirror. Often I will then take some pics and be disappointed that I can't capture the same quality image. It also depends on the mirror and background lighting so I'll choose the mirror that makes me look best, Fortunately its usually the full-length one where I can see my entire body. Anyway the joy and excitement I get from seeing that attractive sexy woman opposite me is immense.

BLUE ORCHID
07-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi Jackie, What do I see in my mirror ??
Some times depending on which wig that I'm wearing
I can see my mother or one of my sisters I try to dress as nice as I can.

I'm pretty happy with my reflection most of the time then
other times I see an old guy in a dress then it's time to put Orchid away.

Karren H
07-24-2012, 07:08 AM
I see an old guy in a dress..... more often the older I get.... sigh.......

Cheryl T
07-24-2012, 08:47 AM
What I see is ME!
Only problem is that I wish I had seen me 30 years ago or so when I was younger and "hopefully" prettier.

sometimes_miss
07-24-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't look in the mirror. It would remind me of what I really am, as opposed to what I feel that I am.

StaceyJane
07-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I just got dressed to go out and checked myself in the mirror. Nowdays I see a confident oman and I love it.

daphne_pynk
07-24-2012, 09:43 AM
i tended to get really down when i looked in the mirror but my SO blew my mind when she told me, don't try and be female not even GG's can reach that perfection goal. be a beautiful mix of both male and female

Kaz
07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
i tended to get really down when i looked in the mirror but my SO blew my mind when she told me, don't try and be female not even GG's can reach that perfection goal. be a beautiful mix of both male and female

This is a good point Daphne and it has been alluded to earlier in the thread as well. There is a massive wave of views out in GG land about the size 0 women and how women are portrayed by the media as being so perfect, whereas the majority of GGs will never live up to the portrayed image. As men we know this because we date and marry real women and love them for who they are and all of that. The immaculate images we are presented with are largely fantasy, and many are not real and fair representations of who the woman is. The film industry used body doubles for decades and today most images in fashion mags and on hoardings are digitally enhanced.

The trouble is that I think we are caught in the same trap. I want to be a beautiful woman!

I look in the mirror and I can see two different images... one is the ageing man hiding under all the grease paint and fooling no-one - the other is the real me... the me who I should have been and who I damn well am going to be!

As has been said, look behind the mask and find the real you. Then you will see her staring right back at you!

Or in this case... away from you!!!

Lynn Marie
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
The lady in the mirror is a tall old broad with a good heart and a great smile. I like the old girl. We been through a lot together. She looks good to me.

Kaz
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
The lady in the mirror is a tall old broad with a good heart and a great smile. I like the old girl. We been through a lot together. She looks good to me.

Well put! I feel that too! Except this broad is not as broad as she'd like and also not so tall - but I like my 5'6"! xx

Samantha_Smile
07-24-2012, 11:40 AM
When Im dressed and I look in the mirror, I can be fully made up, huge cleavage, perfume, the works...

But untill I get the wig on and fix it in the mirror, Im still a man, once Im happy with my hair and Ive achieved the desired look, Im straight into femme mode

Marleena
07-24-2012, 11:50 AM
If I looked right now I'd see an old guy with a baseball cap trying to hide his receding hairline.:D

In girl mode I see a happy old girl smiling at me saying what took you so long to let me out?:)

Crissy Kay
07-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Sometimes I see a pretty girl, that I would love to get my hands on!!! Once in a while I do!! I am still suprized that she has"nt slapped me yet!!!

Kate Simmons
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
The mirror reflects pretty much what I want it to.It is actually a tool to guide me in image presentation. If I'm getting dressed and ready en femme, that's what it shows, an external reflection of my feminine expression. If I'm Rich I just check to see if I'm good to go and don't have ketchup on my mouth or something.I really don't have to think too much if I'm presenting as a guy. In any case, I'm not nearly as picky when I'm Rich.;):)

Barbara Ella
07-24-2012, 01:23 PM
ten months ago, when I first started dressing, all I saw was an old dude. none of the clothes registered.

That changed to the dude in a dress. Next I saw a nice dress or outfit. Sure, it could have been on a manikin but it was presented nicely.

I am just beginning to see a likable person, possible some feminine traits, showing me some makeup or an outfit, and i am accepting and willing to work with her, even if she does talk really funny when i try to carry on a conversation...lol

I am at the point that I think I really see Barbara, not always pleasant, but i am seeing who i feel i am, and I can be happy with that feeling.

Barbara

NicoleScott
07-24-2012, 01:43 PM
...I looked in a large hand held mirror after finishing the makeup and putting on a wig. What I saw was myself totally transformed into me in another gender. I had a smile on my ...

Same here. But not the finished product I wanted to be. It took a lot of makeup/dressup sessions to hone the skills and refine the look I wanted. Fortunately, the practice was quite enjoyable. I tried different looks, and was determined that if I didn't like the look I wouldn't do that again. Young teen girls don't get it right at first - we shouldn't expect to, either. I don't always get it right, but I'm generally happy with what I see.

Foxglove
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I've got my mirror pretty well whipped into line now. It shows me what I want to see. If it doesn't, it knows what will happen to it. If anyone wants to borrow it for a while, I'm feeling generous this evening.

Annabelle

Sweet Caroline
07-24-2012, 04:04 PM
The mirror is fine. It's that damm camera that I don't like. It catches everything!

carhill2mn
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I see the best person that I can be now.

Kaz
07-24-2012, 04:31 PM
The mirror is fine. It's that damm camera that I don't like. It catches everything!

Haha! So so true! I laughed out loud when I read this... Oh to be a photographer... it used to be a prized skill before the advent of smart phones??

mbmeen12
07-24-2012, 04:49 PM
184110 Somedays I feel like this, other days well you know..

Emma Leigh
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
My dad with long hair!!!........though sometimes when its dark....and I have had a couple of drinks...I think I look OK... until I wake up next morning that is

Silentpartner GG SO
07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm rarely happy with what I see looking back from the mirror - shame they were ever invented really - maybe we'd all be a lot happier with ourselves if we couldnt see our own reflection.

drushin703
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I dont see very good so I imagine what I look like madeup, dressedup, perfumed up.. When I walk in the hallway where the light is brightest....well, it's just not fair...lol dana.

SuzieLod
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Y think: Not as bad as I thought, and ma surprised

Tracii G
07-29-2012, 12:28 PM

I agree so much with this comment.
I had a hard time too at first but found a glimmer of my inner self and just worked all the guy in a dress anguish out over time.

TxKimberly
07-29-2012, 12:46 PM
I see a tired old person who is loosing the war with the wrinkles and it depresses the snot outta me . . .

kellycan27
07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
I see a very happy and confident woman, and an occasional zit. :heehee:

Ressie
07-29-2012, 01:53 PM
I agree with the camera statement and video capture is even more critical. There's a range from 'hot looking mature lady' to 'ridiculous fat guy cross dressing'. But the mind is very good at playing tricks. The more you want to see an attractive woman, the more your brain will try to fill in any gaps to make it so.

rachel38
07-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Some times I see anot to bad looking women some times it ahomely looking older women . Then I go out and see some GG that look worse then me I dont feel as bad any more.

Marleena
07-29-2012, 02:18 PM

When I grow up I wanna look just like Kelly, zit and all!! :)

Erina
07-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Wonder if it helps if you use a larger mirror were the face only make a small part of the hole image.
I see and feel a pair of deep eyes, big nose and a large body. But I have actually met genetically born with this as well, so even thou it reveals male appearance I like to think that its not necessarily it. Perhaps you shouldn't hook yourself up on details.
When I took pictures of myself I stood a long time holding the camera in different angles, I used a low resolution camera and I wanted the image blurry.

Hun, you will always be your own worst critic. Close your eyes and look beyond the reflection in the mirror to the deepest place in your heart. Then open your eyes and see the beautiful woman looking back at you. :-) I agree with this:)
How you feel when looking in a mirror might reflect how you feel within.

Kaz
07-29-2012, 04:26 PM
I agree so much with this comment.
I had a hard time too at first but found a glimmer of my inner self and just worked all the guy in a dress anguish out over time.

Tracii, nice take on a great post... it is who we are that is important, not who we wish we were... though the mirror (and the camera) can provide us with both.... with a bit of creativity!

xx

Candice Mae
07-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Myself... :)

On a more serious note, like most of us finding the right angle is key. If I turn 10 degrees the wrong way I look really butch girl, but if I go the other way everything look right.

Sarah Doepner
07-29-2012, 04:36 PM
I see me. Sometimes I'm sloppy and need a shave, a clean shirt and should run a comb through my hair. Other times I'm pretty well cleaned up and looking like a crossdresser doing his damnedest to be pretty. If I have a drink or two, turn the lights down and kind of squint I can pretend to see a woman there.

happyjackie
07-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Too many times the person I see in the mirror doesn't match the "me" in my head. After my day as a male at work I enjoy the relaxing feel of dressing up whether it's a dress or a skirt and blouse. To me the feel is natural and right and comfortable.

heatherdress
07-29-2012, 04:55 PM
"I put on my makeup, my favorite earrings, little black dress, heels, and did my hair. And when I was finished I felt wonderful. Pretty" - That's what is really important - how you feel.

TxKimberly
07-29-2012, 07:18 PM

Wow, if you had ANY idea how much I envy you . . .