PDA

View Full Version : A compliment, I guess.....

ReneeT
07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
I was out running last night after dark, when things had cooled. *I was running across a busy pedestrian bridge and one dude, who sounded a bit tipsy, looked at me and then to his friend and said, "is that a dyke?". I really hate that word. *I was wearing compression shorts, a form-fitting tank, and a hat. *No makeup, just diamond studs and a ring for jewelry. *I made no effort to look feminine, other than my running clothes comecfrom the girls rack, not the boys. *And i was sweaty and gross! *I guess, after dark at least, i have moved to girl-boy along my transition evolutionary scale (boy to boy-girl to Girl-boy to girl)

Jorja
07-23-2012, 11:12 PM
You must realize that there is at least one jerk in every crowd. This a$$ would not know a natural or artificial slope or wall to regulate water levels from a lesbian on his best day. It truly does not matter what a person like this thinks. Do not let it ruin your day. The old saying, "sticks and stones will brake my bones but words will never hurt me is good to remember. It means that people cannot hurt you with bad things they say or write about you. Hold your head up high and continue to be the person you are. You will change more minds and attitudes by just being you than anything else you could do.

Nicole Erin
07-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Yeah always gonna be someone with something to say.
think of this - he was already looking for something to insult about people and he spotted you and saw you as a woman.

So are compression shorts known better as "spandex"? Post photos from behind :D

Melody Moore
07-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Sounds like a guy who is just bitter about seeing a sexy woman that he knows he can't have. ;)

ReneeT
07-24-2012, 05:53 AM
I really wasnt offended, just surprised that he was that confused about myngender without me trying. Must have been his "beer goggles"

suit
07-24-2012, 05:54 AM
You must realize that there is at least one jerk in every crowd. This a$$ would not know a natural or artificial slope or wall to regulate water levels from a lesbian on his best day. It truly does not matter what a person like this thinks. Do not let it ruin your day. The old saying, "sticks and stones will brake my bones but words will never hurt me is good to remember. It means that people cannot hurt you with bad things they say or write about you. Hold your head up high and continue to be the person you are. You will change more minds and attitudes by just being you than anything else you could do.

but some scientist has some how brain scaned people whele being hurt or in pain and while being insulted/put down and the same part of the brain "feels" it so it does hurt..like we didi not know .

Hope
07-24-2012, 05:54 AM
As a proud dyke I don't mind the word. As long as I get the female version of whatever moniker someone is trying to use for me, which generally happens, I am generally happy.

A better question is this - what were you doing out alone after dark? Stay safe!

Jorja
07-24-2012, 08:50 AM
but some scientist has some how brain scaned people whele being hurt or in pain and while being insulted/put down and the same part of the brain "feels" it so it does hurt..like we didi not know .

Yes, but we do not need scientist wasting research dollars to tell us something we already know. There are so many other pressing issues in this world that could really use the research and money. The reason it hurts is because we as a group are very sensitive to these words when they are directed at us. Just learn to blow it off and go on your merry way.

kimdl93
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Well, in this case, the source is questionable, but it seems to me to put a positive spin on it. I know several attractive, tho perhaps somewhat masculine lesbian women. I'd be happy to be mistaken for any of them while wearing a jog top and shorts. And despite being sweaty and gross, you are moving along that continuum towards the girl-girl side of the spectrum.

Traci Elizabeth
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM
What's wrong with being called a dyke? Dykes are women are they not! Maybe he was intimidated by your great looking figure over his droopy ass beer belly slob appearance!

kellycan27
07-24-2012, 01:33 PM
A compliment ? Really? Are we that hard up for validation? How about this one? Hey! For a fat chick.... you don't sweat bad. :eek:

Sheren Kelly
07-24-2012, 02:12 PM
One of my favorite complements was in a movie theatre. After I took my seat the woman behind me wispered to her hubby, "I could see fine till that damn Amazon sat down" I smiled, then scrunched down a bit for her.

ReneeT
07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
As a proud dyke I don't mind the word. As long as I get the female version of whatever moniker someone is trying to use for me, which generally happens, I am generally happy.

A better question is this - what were you doing out alone after dark? Stay safe!

Running in a well-lit place with lots of people around, including drunks!

ReneeT
07-24-2012, 06:12 PM
A compliment ? Really? Are we that hard up for validation? How about this one? Hey! For a fat chick.... you don't sweat bad. :eek:

Actually, some of us are, hard to belive as it may be. When you're in between, being acknowledge as a female, even derogatorily, can be uplifting

ReneeT
07-24-2012, 06:13 PM
What's wrong with being called a dyke? Dykes are women are they not! Maybe he was intimidated by your great looking figure over his droopy ass beer belly slob appearance!

That made me laugh!........

Amanda22
07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Actually, some of us are, hard to belive as it may be. When you're in between, being acknowledge as a female, even derogatorily, can be uplifting

I understand, and agree, Renee. I hope you're doing well.

kellycan27
07-25-2012, 09:43 PM

Alrighty then.. I stand corrected.