PDA

View Full Version : Pink Fog / AKA How to Out Yourself Without Really Trying

linda allen
07-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Yesterday I was on this forum and in response to a thread, I copied and pasted a link to one of my threads. OK, fine, we do this sort of thing all the time.

Later in the day, I was on a totaly different forum, unrelated to crossdressing. I started to do the same thing, copy and paste a link to another website. I must not have actually copied the new URL to the windows clipboard, because what I actually pasted was the link to my thread on crossdressers.com.

Luckily, I usually read my posts after posting them and was able to go back and edit it before anyone could read it.

That was a close call! :eek:

Cynthia Anne
07-24-2012, 06:21 AM
OUCH already! That's like pouring salt in an open wound! Nouthing better then proof reading! Hugs!

BLUE ORCHID
07-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi Linda, That's why I always proof read everything before I hit the send button.
Even something gets by then I have go back and do an edit.

Silentpartner GG SO
07-24-2012, 06:34 AM
I've not done exactly that but had the same sort of thing happen - sometimes what you cut ages ago seems to still be there and you inadvertently paste it into the wrong place! could have been a very sticky moment for you!! phew!

JenniferR771
07-24-2012, 08:01 AM
I have not done that yet...except for my wife discovering a few girly pictures...she knows but dislikes cd. But my camera does some funny things at times. When I open the file on my computer, it often shows random thumbnail pics from the past that were "deleted". Mysterious. But when I bring up the photos full size, all is well and they are the correct new pics corresponding to the proper number.

larry
07-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Holy #$$#$$#$ I cut and paste links all the time to all my kids. Thanks for the note. Holy #$#$#$#

RenneB
07-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Sounds like the time when Renne left her knee high high heel boots on the bed for the SO to find. Must have been a part of my brain that wanted to tell that let Renne leak out.... I have since shut that part of the brain off until further notice... LOL...

This internet and computer thing just seems to be another way for your other brain to tell the world who you are... only this time it's just a click away....

Renne.....

UNDERDRESSER
07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
I did that the other day, sent a link to a friend, and he responded telling me of the mistake. The link i sent was nothing incriminating, but for the second or two till I scrolled down and found out which link I had sent.............Oh yeah, big pit in the stomach time!

linda allen
07-25-2012, 10:18 AM
If I hadn't caught it, my response would have been "I think my computer has a virus." :heehee:

lingerieLiz
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
If I hadn't caught it, my response would have been "I think my computer has a virus." :heehee:

Absolutely!! Years ago I copied an image from a CD forum and pasted it onto some other site. Then I sent my wife and daughter an email with what was supposed to be another clip from a different forum saying, this is cool. My wife said why are you sending this to us. She knows I dress as does my daughter. When I realized what I had done I called my daughter and told her not to open the email as it had a very bad virus. JUST DELETE IT!

UNDERDRESSER
07-25-2012, 01:54 PM
If I hadn't caught it, my response would have been "I think my computer has a virus." :heehee:I may steal that idea, but in this case, it wouldn't have worked, we're on the same network at times, and he would know if there was a threat.

katie_barns
07-25-2012, 02:47 PM
There are probably 100 ways to mess up on the computer without trying. Copy/Paste is an easy one to let slip. I always make sure my clipboard is clean after leaving TG sites. My wife could care less but my daughter uses my computer sometimes.

BTW: I haven't been around for a while, just wanted to say hi to everyone.