PDA

View Full Version : GOOD reasons to become a CDer.

Wildaboutheels
07-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Or...if you can't do it for Johnny, will you do it for Jenny?

Many folks here seem to "appreciate" themselves more in female mode.

So it only stands to reason...

Do you keep your weight down SO you are better able to "pass"?

Or take better care of your skin ONLY because your female self "needs" nicer skin.

There must be tons of other reasons CDing can/might "help us" be a better person?

Undoubtedly, there will be much L2C on this.

suzy1
07-25-2012, 02:23 AM
I am really serious about my weight and the shape of my body.
To me being really slim is everything.

But what some members don’t get is that by maintaining a slim figure in a healthy way also keeps you very fit.
And another thing that other members will not accept sometimes is you don’t have to go around hungry to stay slim. I love my food.

So is being a CDer a good reason to stay slim? You bet!

Michelle (Oz)
07-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Definitely 'Jenny' not 'Johnny' but Johnny sure benefits enormously from Jenny's concern about appearance.

Since the need/urge to dress returned 6 weeks ago I've set about taking off the 65lb I put on in the four years since dressing went on a loooong vacation. Sadly, I guess I just didn't care what Johnny looked like. 26lb down (gym and diet) with the aim to go even further than 65lb.

I want to get out and blend - as distinct from blob. That's my incentive.

Katie83
07-25-2012, 04:07 AM
There are lots of good reasons to be a CDer. Mostly its good fun!!
But as previously said Katie helps me stay slim, keep nicer, softer skin, she has better fashion sense (useful when wife or her friends ask for my opinion on clothes). Katie also chooses better male clothes when shopping.
Katie

Traceyjo
07-25-2012, 04:50 AM
I have always done lots of excercise and been careful with my diet due to my desire to be fit, healthy, maintain ideal weight and feel as good as I can. Being a CDer certainly provides me with an extra incentive to maintain the lifestyle that keeps me fit and looking as young as possible because I want to look the best I can when I'm dressed. My femme desires are a very healthy state of mind.

Kate Simmons
07-25-2012, 05:27 AM
I JDI because I want to. It has nothing to do with health, stealth or wealth. :battingeyelashes::)

Cheryl T
07-25-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't think any of those things are "Reason to BECOME a CD".
I do think that they are things that we are all aware of and take seriously to be sure that we present the best image we can and that the benefits overflow into our other selves.

Pretty Nails
07-25-2012, 09:11 AM
I did not start crossdressing to become slimmer, have better skin or what have you. I also did not care as much for my appearance when CDing completely in the closet. Now that I'm at least out at home with my wife I have noticed that I am more likely to eat a fish or chicken dish versus a whole plate of fat and glop. And, while I have always been aware that sun exposure can cause skin cancer I never put on sunscreen as much as I do now.

Even while at work as a man I think about my femme self when making these better choices.

She did not come around to make me healthier but she has helped make me healthier as a result of her coming around. Not diet and skin care alone but just generally better - alot less stressful.

Sandy Banks
07-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Change the title to, "Benefits of Being a Cder!".:daydreaming:

Tina B.
07-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I only dress for mental health, the rest just have to take care of it self!
Tina B.

bridget thronton
07-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Best reason is that it makes me a bit happier and feeling a bit less stressed

kimdl93
07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
I was in 4 H when I was a kid growing up on a farm. (some of you may remember beginning each meeting withthe pledge ...Head/Heart/Hands/Health) Its a tad corny, so I'll spare you...the curious can google 4H pledge. Oddly it seems my reasons begin with H: Honesty...the ability to be honest with one's self is probably the greatest benefit I've gained form accepting myself as a CDr... Heightened...self worth, certainly. Not because I'm a CDr, but because I learned some time ago that it was OK...I'm neither a pervert nor a criminal. Humility...as I grown to accept that I'm far from perfect, I've also grown much more likely to cut other people some slack. Happiness...being at peace with myself...and feeling free to be myself.

PS...I didn't chose to become a CDr because of its benefits, but I am open to the idea that one can be a better person as a result of the experience.

Sarah Doepner
07-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Now I just have one more person to nag me about getting my exercise in so I can fit into that skirt that used to fit. I do it for the mental health as well, and if I get healthy because of Sarah's wardrobe and makeup, that would be the extra benefit.

Karren H
07-25-2012, 10:05 AM
If I didn't HAVE to..... to date.... I have not heard a good rational logical reason that would convince me to do this......

Making up, good, reasons for something you have no choice..... I just can't go there....

Like someone with a life sentence making up good reasons to be in jail? .... "free food.... free laundry.... plenty of companionship....," lol

UNDERDRESSER
07-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Ummm, no, I don't think so.... Not directly anyway.

In the limited dressing I have done, I've paid more attention to things like skin marks, tan eveness, body shaving etc I've discovered that i like showing of my body, me being more than a bit introverted, this gets a bit strange....

My recent increase in the fiteness regime has had more to do with learning that I have ADHD, and the advantages excersize brings to that, and brain development in general, plus certain revelations about my psyche that have followed on from that. Jeeze, it's complicated!

The upshot is that I am looking, and feeling better, than i have in years, if not decades! The crossdressing did come into all that, but a small part I think.

Marleena
07-25-2012, 11:27 AM
"GOOD reasons to become a CDer." Well if you're not one already you guys out there need to try it. Don't be chicken because you're afraid you might actually like it.:heehee:

Wildaboutheels
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Um, ANY "reason" that one might need to lose weight is a good one, [isn't it?] considering that over half of the Nation is fat or obese. Depending on which source one might care to use of course.

SInce there is nothing WRONG with being a CDer, wouldn't any "reason" to actually become healthier be a good one? A healthier body can't help but produce a chain reaction elsewhere? Just because someone becomes a CDer does not necessarily mean they will eventually fly the coup.

Of course, think of all the stuff CDers buy. That helps the local economy does it not?

Foxglove
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
There must be tons of other reasons CDing can/might "help us" be a better person?

You've really got me on this one, Heels. Tons of reasons? I've been thinking about this for a while, and I can't come up with a single one. In what way am I a better person because I CD? I don't know, it seems to me whatever I'm wearing, I'm an ornery, cantankerous old cuss. And those are my good days. But it's a lot more fun being an old cuss in a skirt. And you've got a lot better chance of getting your picture in the paper.

Annabelle

Tabitha Storm
07-25-2012, 02:05 PM
I am not sure there is a "good reason". I just know that I enjoy it and have a hard time coping with that fact as I am sure many struggle with. It can be a tough thing but the shoes are nice.

deebra
07-25-2012, 02:13 PM
You get to wear high heels; pretty, sexy, silky panties or thong and a matching lace bra with "D" forms. No non CDing male gets to look and feel this femininely good.

kimdl93
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM

Of course, think of all the stuff CDers buy. That helps the local economy does it not?

All I know is that the SAs at Clinique, Coldwater Creek, Avenue and Steinmart are happy to see me!

STACY B
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
EVERYONE knows WE live longer !

Jo-Ellen
07-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Gentlemen open doors for you

Wildaboutheels
07-25-2012, 06:51 PM
How about coming to realize all the time, effort and possibly money most GGs have to spend to "look good"?

Most "normal" men would not have a clue would they?

BLUE ORCHID
07-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi WAH. Same here Johnny looks out for Jenny Be careful not
to break a nail keep the weight down clean shaven body.
Yes ol Johnny boy sure looks out for MS Jenny.

Allisa
07-25-2012, 08:47 PM
My hypertension forced me to lose weight and change diet.Clothes fit better without constricting under garments,hair grows faster(on head),and am much more happier which bodes well with feminine demeaner.I don't need a reason to dress I just do.Oh the hypertension is gone now and all aspects of my femme side are part of my lifestye i.e.smooth hairless body,long hair and longer nails,thinner eyebrows.And less weight on the feet,less hurt in heels.Well I could go on and on so bye for now.

Cynthia Anne
07-25-2012, 11:22 PM
The only reason I cd is because that's who I am! I truely wish I had a choice!