PDA

View Full Version : Tg-- lite

STACY B
07-25-2012, 06:53 AM
I Gonna start a new catagory TG-LITE ,,,For all those chix like me that dont know if they are CDs or TSs ?? Cuz we wont have surgery maybe just do a few things along the way but will legaly stay male . An there are a few of us here that dress ALOT ,, Almost daily unless something crazy happens an then our wardrode still has female items . But realy dont have the disire or will power or like me just plain LAZY . You know you have the full blown CDers an the full blown TS ,,,But what about the ol regular everyday chix that walk among the masses an are realy not noticed becuz we have on shorts or capris ,, An do our brows an hair an nails an stay clean shaved but just dont push it to far ? Just ride that thin line ? An we are the ones that folks just dont realy know how top put there fingure on it an just let us walk on by . Slip threw the cracks . So come on u TG lite lovers ,,, Join the CLUB ...

deebra
07-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes, I'm CD LITE everyday, panties, lite makeup, a bra if it can be concealed, girl jeans but not as tight as I would like, etc. Is this how I like to dress, lets say I'm afraid to take it further, I don't want embarassment. I want more than TG LITE, I want to wear forms, makeup and dress female because I very much prefer that to male clothing and the male look, would also LOVE to pass 100%, so a little is better than zero.

Marlana
07-25-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm with you Stacy. I love when I get to wear my forms and dress up, but I can't do it everyday. I like to mix in womens clothing(underdress) or wear womens jeans. Just like the way they feel. So yeah, I'll join your cd-lite site.

Cheryl T
07-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Better make a few more categories as there are many gradations between the fetish girls and the true TS women.
Not sure I'd fit into your description and also not sure I fit in the other 2 that you are trying to distinguish yourself from.

STACY B
07-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Thats right ,,, Ladys ,,, We TG lite folk just dont want an dont need all the trouble ,,Call us scared or sissys or chicken ,,But we still go shopping an get our nails done an hair done an wear womans clothes an all the lovelys but not with all the crap that comes with dressing to the hilt ,,,Dont get me wrong I love to wear dresses an skirts an frilly tops ,, But ya cant do it day to day ,,, So we TG-lite chix just take what we can get . So jump on the TG-LITE Train ,,, Its better than nothing at all ! ,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,

sometimes_miss
07-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't think we need any new categories so we can be classified by to what extent we dress up, dress up to get sexually excited, dress up to feel like a normal female, dress up in anticipation of becoming women, etc.. There are enough people trying to put us into a particular box so they can know how to deal with us; when we should all be 'dealt with' as people, it's as simple as that. Equal rights and opportunities, you know? Besides, if you have a TG lite category, that would of course imply a TG heavy category as well. I don't think anyone wants to be in that category!

STACY B
07-25-2012, 10:52 AM
I don't think we need any new categories so we can be classified by to what extent we dress up, dress up to get sexually excited, dress up to feel like a normal female, dress up in anticipation of becoming women, etc.. There are enough people trying to put us into a particular box so they can know how to deal with us; when we should all be 'dealt with' as people, it's as simple as that. Equal rights and opportunities, you know? Besides, if you have a TG lite category, that would of course imply a TG heavy category as well. I don't think anyone wants to be in that category! Hold up now ,,, I do ,,, In the SUPER - FREAK --- Category ,,,LOL,,,

Lorileah
07-25-2012, 10:58 AM
It is as good a name as any. I think it covers a huge number. Now to explain just how "lite" we are. I like the idea because it is so hard to say "I am a non-op, non-hormonal transsexual who does not have a problem with my gender usually and doesn't even think about it until someone says why don't you get the surgery you wuss" Yes Lite is much shorter

STACY B
07-25-2012, 11:03 AM
It is as good a name as any. I think it covers a huge number. Now to explain just how "lite" we are. I like the idea because it is so hard to say "I am a non-op, non-hormonal transsexual who does not have a problem with my gender usually and doesn't even think about it until someone says why don't you get the surgery you wuss" Yes Lite is much shorter Like Budwieser ,,, Bud lite,,, Not Budwieser lite ,,,, Just --- Bud Lite ,,,,,, Not Ultra Lite,,, Just Lite ,,,LOL,,,,

Marleena
07-25-2012, 11:05 AM
TG--Lite, it sounds like a beer Stacy.:) I once suggested people between CD and TS be called "middle pathers". My thread went down in flames pretty quickly.:doh:

You see I found out people hate labels, especially new ones. So I propose they name a beer after us instead.:)

Anyways in the spirit of the label wars I decided to call myself "comfortably numb".

Karren H
07-25-2012, 11:07 AM
more like a label for guys who wear women's jeans to me!

Debra Russell
07-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Lite? there are some out there who consider us "lite in the loafers":D.........................Debra

sonna
07-25-2012, 11:31 AM
you kill me, i am glad to be your friend

kimdl93
07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Way to go, Stacy. Just what we need....another darn category! ;)-

Foxglove
07-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Way to go, Stacy. Just what we need....another darn category! ;)-

As far as I'm concerned, the more categories the better. I might eventually find out which one I belong in, and then I'd know who I am. Wouldn't it be great if I turned out to be a "Supercilious Banjaxing Renegade"?

I once suggested people between CD and TS be called "middle pathers". My thread went down in flames pretty quickly.:doh:

You see I found out people hate labels, especially new ones.

I think "middle pathers" is quite good, Marleena. Only problem I see with it is that our detractors would quickly turn it into "psycho-pathers". But I think you're on the right track/path.

I hate labels, too. Nothing worse in the world than labels, as far as I'm concerned. My neighborhood supermarket doesn't seem to agree with me for some reason, though.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Sandy Banks
07-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey, so what, I'll join, just wear it-don't drink it!!!:D

NicoleScott
07-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Annabelle, I don't get it. The more categories, the better, but you hate labels. You want categories without labels? Help me out here.

Stacy, I think you're on to something, but I can't see those as you described as lightly-transgendered. I would think that TG-lite would describe someone who occasionally likes to express a little femininity for a little while. But keeping shaved and dressing in casual feminine clothes daily wouldn't be lite.
I like labels. Crossdresser is a very broad description of us, and transgendered is even broader. I have read posts over the years, and certain people really confuse me - it could be that they're confused as well. They (these certain people) seem to identify at times as TS, and at other times as CD. There are some who feel that they are very strongly internally feminine, and live in girl mode as much as they can, but haven't/can't/won't transition fully for various reasons. I can name names, but without their permission, I won't. I wonder if they are CD or TS. Is there a line between CD and TS? Or is there a tweener category? TS-lite maybe?

Foxglove
07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Annabelle, I don't get it. The more categories, the better, but you hate labels. You want categories without labels? Help me out here.

Just a little double-think, Nicole. The last sentence of my post is the punchline.

Annabelle

ReineD
07-25-2012, 01:39 PM
It is as good a name as any.

I thought the latest new label was "middlepathers"? It's acronym is much shorter (MP) vs. "TG-L" or "TG-lite". :)

So if people do start adopting TG-L, will there be a TG-M (medium), and a TG-H (heavy)? :)

Foxglove
07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
So if people do start adopting TG-L, will there be a TG-M (medium), and a TG-H (heavy)? :)

I'd say it'll probably be, "Double TG" and "TG Whopper with bacon".

kimdl93
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I thought the latest new label was "middlepathers"? It's acronym is much shorter (MP) vs. "TG-L" or "TG-lite". :)

How about TG- piano vs TG-forte?

ReineD
07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Joking aside, I prefer the numbering system as employed by Dr, Benjamin. The categories in Benjamin's Gender Scale might need some tweaking now since the scale was developed in the 1960s, but at least it gives credence to the idea there are several degrees of gender dysphoria.

Also, when we attach a particular word to a condition where there is a scale, people tend to attach their own meaning to the same word and there develops are all sorts of disagreements as to how the word should be defined.

We've seen this happen with the word, "transgender". :p

Foxglove
07-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Joking aside, I prefer the numbering system as employed by Dr, Benjamin. The categories in Benjamin's Gender Scale might need some tweaking now since the scale was developed in the 1960s, but at least it gives credence to the idea there are several degrees of gender dysphoria.

Also, when we attach a particular word to a condition where there is a scale, people tend to attach their own meaning to the same word and there develops are all sorts of disagreements as to how the word should be defined.

We've seen this happen with the word, "transgender". :p

Aye, and with lots of other words as well. Just recently I saw somebody refer to Beethoven as a Classical rather than a Romantic composer. And if we didn't use words, but stuck with numbers instead, then we'd be arguing about the numbers (in particular who's going to get a high one and who's going to be stuck with the low ones.)

The advantage of proposing a name such as "TG Lite" is that it's asking a question: is this you? It gives you a chance to look at yourself and think about things and then maybe you learn something about yourself. The important thing isn't the name, but the content of the definition. Names are always provisional anyway.

I think physicists are on the right track--Up, Down, Strange, Charmed. Who would object to being called a "Charmed Quark"? Except those who might prefer to be a "Strange Quark".

Annabelle

Vickie_CDTV
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
There is already the Harry Benjamin scale, and I believe there is the Watson (?) Scale used in the UK which adds one more notch to the scale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_scale Those who identify as the opposite sex but go back and forth would probably be a Type IV (non-op TS) if I remember right.

In the UK, I think they also use subdivisions of TV into OTV, RTV and FTV (occasional, regularly and fulltime TVs), at least I have seen these used in Rose's Repartee. These are quite handy, I think, though they only relate to frequency of dressing and not identity alone.

Of course, in the hyper sensitive trans community at large you can't even acknowledge there are differences between TV and TS without being seen as some sort of huge raging hatemonger; therefore, I doubt any of them will catch on, even though it would be very useful if they did. Personally, I wouldn't mind referring to myself, or being referred to, as a "Type II TV".

Eryn
07-25-2012, 05:01 PM
There is already the Harry Benjamin scale, and I believe there is the Watson (?) Scale used in the UK which adds one more notch to the scale.

"But this one goes to 11!"

Seriously, while labels can be useful I think that they are just an attempt by social scientists to quantify the unquantifiable.

mbmeen12
07-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Stacy Im TG ultra lite. Less than one hundred cross dressings/ aka calories per year. Your bestest friend up north xoxox Kara

Barbara Ella
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Stacy darling, I love your thought process. I think we may be looking for the Higgs-Boson here...lol

Consider this for your label of lite. True GG do not dress up to the nines all the time. They take your "lite" approach the vast majority of the time. I would never call any one of them GG-Lite. Not quite sure the analogy works, but we are not TG Lite, I like to think we are TG advanced.

Hugs, Barbara

Patrice_CD
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm sure I don't fit this category. And according to all my fb friends, I've just about abandoned my male self. If the category is meant as dressing lightly then I don't understand it. Are you implying a CD is only to dress to the hilt with all the makeup, hair and jewelry? I dress to blend in as normal as possible. I can get dressed if need be but 80% of the time (since it's been so blasted hot) I wear a cami or colored tee with shorts to the grocery store or Home Depot. I might have a touch of mascara and a little lippy but that's about it and am constantly called Ma'am now and referred to as her and she. I wouldn't consider myself full time yet but I'm close.

Jocelyn Quivers
07-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Yea why not count me in as TG-Lite (Enhanced CD/ subsection)!! For some of those TG folk who really should, but just can't seem to let go of their male sides, persona's or parts.

Tracii G
07-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Call me a TG LITE if ya want I'm out on the fringe of something somewhere.

Melissa Pink
07-25-2012, 11:45 PM
I can totally relate to this concept. I repressed my feminine feelings for many years. I served in the military and volunteered for all sorts of high risk assignments prove my "manliness". My therapist has since informed me that this was "over compensation". When I was in my early forties I found myself retired from the military, divorced and living alone except for my very cool dog. My feminine feelings began to emerge and Melissa began to come out of the shadows. I found this wonderful site and a few others and learned that I wasn't alone in my feelings. I began to purchase ladies clothing, lingerie, shoes, wigs, jewelry, etc. I learned to wear make up and began to learn the art of illusion that make up provides us. I relaxed and let my natural feminine mannerisms come out and discovered that walking like a woman was very natural to me. I made some local friends on line and ultimately met with some ladies via a few Yahoo groups at their homes and hotels. Eventually I began to go out and see what the world thought of me. For the most part it was apparent that no one really cared that I wasn't born a woman.

I also realized early on that I wasn't really a crossdresser nor was a transsexual. It was something of a dilemma but I embraced it and even began dating men, something I would never have considered during my "pre-Melissa" life. I considered transitioning fulltime and even vacationed full time a few times en femme. I went back and forth until finally I decided to repress my feelings. I began dating a woman and eventually "purged" my feminine wardrobe. I've regretted that day ever since and have been in a state of turmoil when it comes to my gender. It's been a year and I know that I have to come to terms with my true feelings. An old flame that I dated as Melissa looked me up and helped validate my feelings as a woman. I know that I have to do what is right for me. I have learned to detest labels. I don't think that most of us can be compartmentalized into labels like "crossdresser" or "transsexual". I think that we all possess unique feminine traits that defy awkward labels. I know that applies to me!

dragdoll
07-26-2012, 02:30 AM
so "TV" has been completely phased out now?

jillleanne
07-26-2012, 07:09 AM

Or a TG-L-T (temporary) or a TG-L_W ( weekends), or a TG-L-S ( summertime) or a ..................

Foxglove
07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
so "TV" has been completely phased out now?

I wish. Last time I checked, there were hundreds and hundreds of channels.

Tina B.
07-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Why not! I used to think of my self as a TV, then I thought I was a CD, then I figured I was a TG, so why not TG-L, after all no matter what I call myself, I found it doesn't change who I am.
Tina B.

STACY B
07-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Us TG- Lites are just the regular ol chix who like to take the path of less resistance ,,, OK,,,,OK,,,,W ere the LAZY ones ,, Alrite I said it,,,, Happy now ?

EllieOPKS
07-26-2012, 10:45 AM
So how do you know when you have "advanced" from a CD to TG Lite? I am so confused.
Could we just start all over again and use karate belts?
So like a 1st degree would use just lipstick
Second degree would do their eyebrows and so on.
Besides, It's a really easy way to tell who can kick my butt quickly or if they need to pack a lunch.

Kaz
07-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Stacy, all your posts are great but this one is brilliant! Great injection of humour into the 'category' debate...! Count me in! TG-lite... or maybe Lite-ish as I am from the UK and by definition non-committal! Sometimes, though, I like to go heavy, just for the thrill, then I back off for a while! Though I have had my benders and been on the heavy too long! Then there is the recovery phase... wonderful thought process!