PDA

View Full Version : "Treatments"

linda allen
07-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Yesterday, I went with my wife to the nail salon. I've had a pedicure before but this time I also had a manicure. For the first time, I had polish applied. Clear, not colored. Pretty neat.

Today, she convinced me to go to the cosmetology school with her for a facial and a backcial (sort of a massage and skin treatment). She stayed for a leg waxing. I told her I wanted one too, but that got shot down. :heehee: Pretty neat also.

Lorileah
07-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey, maybe someday :daydreaming: Small steps. Sounds like you had a good time. Good for you

Eryn
07-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Sounds like fun! My wife doesn't like any sort of "treatments" other than hairdressing so haircuts are the only thing we share. Still, it's fun to experience a bit of Girl World now and then.

kimdl93
07-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Done several pedi/manis with my wife. Never had a facial or that back thingy tho.

Joan_CD
07-25-2012, 07:00 PM
I am going Friday for a facial and get pedicures every couple of weeks. I love them! I don't bother with a manicure because I am still trying to break the habit of biting my nails! Oh and I get my eyebrows threaded every few weeks. Not in love with that!!!

BLUE ORCHID
07-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi Linda, That sure sounds like fun but I'm waiting for the Cold Day In Hell
that my wife keeps talking about so we can both go together.

Badtranny
07-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh Kim, you MUST get a facial. It is wonderfully relaxing and your face feels so fresh afterwards.

Cynthia Anne
07-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Linda that sounds like so much fun! But then you are worth it! Give your wife another hug!

Eryn
07-26-2012, 01:12 AM
...I don't bother with a manicure because I am still trying to break the habit of biting my nails!

I'll risk a little side trip here to encourage you to keep trying. One unexpected benefit of becoming an active CDer is that I managed to break a 40+ year habit of chewing my nails. Part of my motivation was that someday I'd like a manicure and if I don't have the nails to work on it can't happen! In the meantime I keep them polished with clear when in drab and don't trim them with anything other than a nail file.

Marlana
07-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Years ago, my gave me a spa day for Christmas. It was the "Queen for a Day" one. Lol! I know, right? They crossed off queen and wrote king. Oh well. Anyways, I had a facial, loved it! A massage, loved it! A manicure w/o polish, boooo, liked it. Never got the pedi because we ran out of time, :(. (Child was coming home from school) Would love to do this again!

EllieOPKS
07-26-2012, 09:23 AM
What a great time! You must commit to yourself to do the pedi. Once you do it, you will never do your own toes again. The leg waxing would be awesome but as someone else said, baby steps.

Tina B.
07-26-2012, 10:10 AM
She stayed for a leg waxing. I told her I wanted one too, but that got shot down.

Linda, I've learned with a wife that accepts me as I am, no sometimes means not now, but who knows what might happen if you catch her in the right mood. Keep trying.
Tina B.

linda allen
07-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Linda, I've learned with a wife that accepts me as I am, no sometimes means not now, but who knows what might happen if you catch her in the right mood. Keep trying.,
Tina B.
The problem with the legs is we live in a warm climate and spend a lot of time with friends in shorts or swimsuits. Same problem with getting rid of chest hair. I have begun trimming it so I'll get it shorter over time.

Sarah Doepner
07-31-2012, 11:07 AM
We've had the mani/pedi together and massages but that's it. I'd be most interested in a facial if they could reduce the size of my nose. ;-)

Jeannie
07-31-2012, 02:07 PM
This is something I have be very apprehensive about but I really want to try. My wife and her sister had their nails done and while she was there she asked the lady if any men came in to have theirs done and the lady said all of the time. Everyone from construction workers to lawyers come to have pedicures and manicures. So it looks like I may brave it and have it done soon. I can't wait.

Amy Fakley
07-31-2012, 03:49 PM
... Oh and I get my eyebrows threaded every few weeks. Not in love with that!!!

:doh: heh, yeah I just recently had that done like two weeks ago. first time ever getting anything done ... my wife and kids didn't like my "unibrow", LOL. They had no idea I was just dying to ask the lady "can you make it just a a little femme?. Still ... better than it was. Would do it again :D