PDA

View Full Version : I prefer skirts and or leggings

Pythos
07-25-2012, 01:18 PM
This is in response to one of the new gripes my now ex had concerning my style. She wanted me to dress more "masculine". This was a shock to me considering she got interested in me, and had only seen me in feminine styles for the first two months she knew I existed. At first she thought I was a girl, then when she discovered that I was male (very quickly), she was even more intrigued, and soon we were dating.

For the first two months she had not seen me in anything "masculine". Then when I took her flying that is when she saw me in "normal" male attire, and she said she did not like me in it.

Fast forward a few months, and all of a sudden she wants me to dress more "masculine", more like she wanted a balance in my styles. A split more like. One week feminine, the other week masculine.

I did this, but my male styles are so limited, whereas my "feminine" ones are so varied. I kinda fell back into mostly fem styles.

In our last talk she once again stated how she wanted a balance, and showed me examples of what she was wanting. The styles she showed me were very much to my liking. But I would prefer skirts or leggings opposed to the leather loose pants. I did not like how those looked.

She did seem more focussed on the upper parts of the outfits, and the boots (which I have).

What upsets me about this is I never once told her I did not like her going out with me with her black metal makeup designs, or her basic outfits. I frankly liked those. The one time I asked her to tone the makeup down was when I introduced her to my mother. That was it.

Well anyway. It just pisses me off how people feel they can dictate or demand how someone chooses to dress.

I feel more myself when in what I like to wear. I feel uncomfortable wearing that which others tell me to.

Anyone else feel like this?

suzy1
07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
I relationship that lives or dies dependant on the clothes they wear is not the most meaningful of relationships is it?

kimdl93
07-25-2012, 01:45 PM
in an ideal world, people would accept their partner or significant other exactly as he/she is and would simply be unconcerned about the window dressing. But in the real world we all have complex mixtures of interests and desires. And sometimes being in a relationship requires us to make accomodations for one another. In her case, she saw something in your male presentation that she found attractive and she expressed an interest in seeing it. That may piss you off, but at least she was being honest about it.

To answer your question - of course, I prefer dressing the way I want at all times. However, my wife, though very supportive, has also made it clear that she likes to see my male side occassionally. I'm ok with that, even though its not my preference.

AllieSF
07-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I agree with you and Suzy. I also admit that I like to see certain styles on people because they please my visual sense of taste. I have also suggested to people, including ex-girlfriends other options that they could wear, and this was before I started crossdressing or knew anything about it. Actually, I appreciate it when someone suggests something to me too, because I may have never thought of that myself. Also, my suggestions were not the reasons for the "ex" designation. I personally see nothing wrong in suggesting or asking, but when comes to an either or situation, I am against it. i.e. Either dress or do something the way I want or hit the road.

jillleanne
07-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Remain true to yourself Pythos. Only you know who you are and expressing your personality through your clothing is just that, a personal expression. No one has the right to tell you how to dress ever. They can express an opinion but not dictate.

Cynthia Anne
07-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I say be yourself! As I always say IF you don't like the way I'm livein' then you leave this long haired country girl alone!

Vivian Chen
07-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Each failed relationship give you a clearer picture of yourself and what you should be looking for in a significant other.