PDA

View Full Version : My Presents on Her birthday...

Kat42
07-27-2012, 02:39 AM
My birthday was a couple week ago. I got a couple token gifts, NBD as B-days aren't anything special at my age. Then the SO headed out and bought herself a *REALLY BIG PURCHASE* and I have to pay the bill.

So now her birthday is coming up and I asked "so what are you buying me for your birthday". Her answer was "anything you want". But we're kind of DADT. She see's the undies coming through the laundry every week so she knows. What I really want is for her to buy me something girly. But we're also of the sort to purchase what we wanted and give the other the credit "you bought me something really nice today". followed by "that was very thoughtful of me!"

So here's what "she" bought me for her birthday!

JCP had some really good sales so I took that opening. Couple bras ($10-12 ea), panties, stockings (2pr/$3) & a skirt ($10). Oh and a pendant too ($15). Heart with sapphire. It arrived today and I'm wearing it now.

I had hoped the pendant would hang a little lower. Even with the 2x 1" extensions it hangs right at the base of the neck and shows even wearing a T-shirt. I'm thinking another 4-6 inches would hang lower where I had in mind.

Also interesting... my natural instinct was to open the clasp with my right hand. But that places the pendant backwards. Seems the clasp should be in the other hand and that makes it show correctly. Yet another M-F orientation thing apparently, kinda like the shirt buttons.

Hope your B-days are as eventful!

Kat

Cynthia Anne
07-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Perhaps you should make a smalllist of things you would like to have and leave the list where she can find it! Or drop some hints! Treat her ''day'' like it is very special! Take her out to dinner! Hugs!

Kate T
07-27-2012, 07:58 AM
I think you should look at whether you are in a relationship for your benefit only or for the benefit of both you and your partner.

When I buy something for myself, I buy it for myself. No crap pretending it was a "gift" from my SO. If it is her birthday, I buy a gift for her, not for me.

Kat42
07-30-2012, 01:54 AM
CA - I've effectively/accidentally done that with negative reply. She once found a shopping list buried on my desk (not intending for her to find) instead she found while searching for something else. She left it prominently displayed face up on the keyboard. Again, she knows and has known for years but is not enthusiastic.

Adina - Thanks for the reply but trust me, after >18 years, I'll just say "I chose wisely" and she feels the same. We are good, thank you. I wish you the same happiness as we have found.

The "you bought me something"/"that was very thoughtful of me" sequence works for us. YMMV. This way we each get exactly the xxx we want rather than wasting money on a rough approximation that will be in the garbage bin next week and hard feelings of "that's not what I wanted/you should have known better". Our marriage has outlasted several of our close friends that married after us.

We are a practical sort. I may not be up on the specific detail of what she wants nor she with mine. That said we are of a like mindset of spending money on designer $#i^ is money wasted (A SIL thinks nothing on dropping three bills on a purse, while the SO sees that as a waste. And I agree. Again, I chose wisely.

This was meant to be a fun "what should she buy me" thread, but I guess it's morphed into a relationship thread. Again ours is solid and I again wish the same upon all.

She asked again today what I wanted for her birthday. I remained nebulous with the offspring unit in earshot. It should be an interesting conversation when the box shows up this week ;-) Still I need to make sure there is something more than a card for her on her birthday... Ideas? (Here's is why we get into buy the stuff for ourselves - We are not good at reading minds and leaving hints is clumsy at best ["Gee... I sure wish I had a xxxx] and crass at worst [you should buy me a yyyy]).

I don't always know what she wants/needs. I'm not about to go the W.E Williams route and buy her a new vacuum/broom/ironing board (select domestic utensil as needed).

Our version works well for us and I think it works because we have the same practicable attitudes towards spending. Again, I chose wisely!

YMMV and I wish you the same happiness.

lingerieLiz
07-30-2012, 08:52 PM
I get what you were saying. When young my wife and I strugled to buy gifts. Sometimes it wasn't much or for us anything. Now my wife and I often skip gifts that are not needed or wanted between the two of us. We shop together and buy what we want. We do sometimes buy joint gifts at Christmas just so we can tell everyone what we got.

Don't get me wrong we have each bought the other things that meant a lot over the years.

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Kat, My wife and I get each other a card for our BD's and buy what we each want.

Kat42
08-03-2012, 03:03 AM
The order finally arrived...

4 bras and oh do they fit nice. Wearing a nice Maidenform now.
3 x panties. Wore the Ambirielle hipster today. Sweet! Hope I can get more in the Bikini style.
Bunch of stockings (where else can you find stockingsthese days? 2pr/$3. I had to stock up).
Oh and a skirt that may have been too small....