PDA

View Full Version : Almost Busted...

RachelDee
11-17-2005, 02:06 PM
I ordered some urrm, white lace-top stockings from a seller on eBay (new of course, nothing dodgy! I get all my clothes from eBay) to go with this nice pink skirt i have. Hopefully they will anyways... getting a better camera soon so i might be able to take some pics :D ill see...

Anyhow, I live at home with my parents and today nothing appeared to arrive for me. Which was disapointing but not unexpected, they might have sent them second class post. Well it seems something did arrive, but the person that sent it had put the address on and my name was 'obscured' so my parents opened it thinking it was for them.... :eek: Not knowing where this item came from for no reason, when they looked at the recept and saw my name they got even more confused.

So i got greeted with that this morning :o

"We opened this thinking it was for us, but it says its for you. Lace-top stockings?"

I knew when she showed me the opened packet somehow what she was about to say...well there was a moments pause. Then i went to the emergency 'Plan Z' stating that the person on eBay had sent me the wrong item. Yep all a big mistake! So with some slight of hand i managed to swop the item out with something equal in size weight and wrap it back up and 'pretended' to post it back to them today when i went to the shops... i don't like lieing but i couldnt think of anything else. I think i managed to conceal my embaressment pretty well :thumbsup: and just tried to act 'supprised' as they were about what had arrived.

For a brief period i almost told them. I was trying to word it in my head, and would have said "I think i should tell you the truth, I think I might actually want to be a girl, I have been quiet about it so i dont cause anyone any embaressment or problems (including myself) until i know for sure. The appointments with the therapist for OCD has actually been discussing this issue recentley." I have thought about it twice the past week, telling my mother that is, while she was on her own but it just didnt happen.

My mum said something strange though later about it..

"Sorry if i embarresed you today. I was just supprised, thought they were a free sample or something till i saw your name on them. I didnt know if i should have put them in your room or not..."

Put them in my room? So she thought maybe i had actually ordered them, for me.... +? The fact that they seemed to be very quiet about it and then 'present' it to me like evidence was a bit suspect, like they expected me to break down and say "Yes yes! They were for me"... but maybe im just being paranoid. hehe.

The therapist i see for OCD, has been going through the CDing with me. He told me that i should carry on exploring and that im not hurting anyone, i indicated to him that i would like someone in my family to know, as i feel guilty but he said that he does not think im ready to tell other people just yet. Not until i figured out what it is for myself at least. He booked me another appointment next week (i usually go monthly) so ill see what he has to say. But this was a close one... i have come close to being found out once or twice before (mainly leaving nail polish on my toes and forgetting to wear socks and walking barefoot.... very close shaves with that).

Tamara Croft
11-17-2005, 02:12 PM
You know, mums can be quite surprising when it comes down to their children ;) Maybe she already knows, infact it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she does. A time will come where you run out of excuses.... if I were you, I'd start gathering up some information to give to her when the time comes. If you educate her first, before she comes to her own conclusions, you may find she is more accepting than if you just leave her to make her own mind up ;)

Sarahgurl371
11-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Tamara is right...Moms know it all. Mine knew. Good thing now, i can talk to her about it!

Wendy me
11-17-2005, 03:16 PM
i go with Tamara on this see my mom told me she knew abought my dressing this year i am marryed and have raized two boys i was out to lunch with her earlyer this year and she said i know abought your dressing in woman's clouthes ... stunned i asked how long have you known for ?? she said over 40 years ..... moms thay just know everything.... you can just bet she knows or at lest she has i a idear something is going on....

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Moms know EVERYTHING:eek:

celeste26
11-17-2005, 03:29 PM
You could always find another mail box for receiving these things. Dont know about the UK but here there are businesses who process mail and have boxes for private mail. I have three nearby and they are not very expensive. They receive my boxes even in my femme name without judgement and without comment.

Nikki Dee
11-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi. Hun...yeah...you missed a good chance there Babes.!!...bet she already has an idea...and I bet she would still love ya to bits anyway.!!!...Mothers are like that.
love Nikki., x

TGMarla
11-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Yep. Tamara's right on this one. If you really want another family member to know, Mom's the first one I'd pick. Mothers are the most non-judgemental people in all the world.

Laura Jane
11-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Then i went to the emergency 'Plan Z' stating that the person on eBay had sent me the wrong item. Yep all a big mistake!

Not a great cover story.....would have been better to say they were for a girlfriend! You story might have been accepted at face value, but more likely it will be doubted.

Also if you continue to buy stuff, you could be rumbled any moment!

RachelDee
11-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Not a great cover story.....would have been better to say they were for a girlfriend! You story might have been accepted at face value, but more likely it will be doubted.

Also if you continue to buy stuff, you could be rumbled any moment!

No really, the girlfriend story would have resulted in them being even more confused than before. ;) Since im single and all.

That's true about being caught at any moment. I will just have to take it as it comes.

Tamra, and others, thanks for the input. You are probably right, but i cant be sure she knows anything is wrong. She might just think i was getting them as a gift for a 'secret' girlfriend or something else. Also if i tell my mother then she has to keep it from my father which puts her in an awkward position. :confused: The person i was trying to tell originally was my sister but... i will see what happens i guess.

Eitherway i wish it had been something else they had opened :P it would have to have been the underwear wouldnt it. :rolleyes:

Maria D
11-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I agree their actions seem to indicate that they think something is going on, but I wouldn't assume they have guessed correctly and I wouldn't assume Mum wouldn't be judgemental. Mine would be, she doesn't like me using the word 'pretty' to describe a man; men are 'handsome', not pretty. Telling her will be hard, but then what isn't?
So I think that the only person who really knows your Mum is you. What do you think, honestly and without bias, fear or hope? How does she cope with a crisis normally? Is she likely to be supportive regardless? I do hope so.
Perhaps get some information together for her to read in her own time, along with the rest of the family? That is of course if you decide to tell them.
You have my empathy,
take care
Maria :)

Jesse69
11-17-2005, 11:02 PM
My mom and aunt have seen me in full drag and crossdressing is no problem with them. My dad has Alzheimer's so it doesnt' even register with him. But I could never let my brother see me in drag. I told him and his wife I crossdress but they don't believe it. But it was so embarassing to me when my brother walked into my room full of womens clothes. What was most embarassing was the sight of my Catholic Schoolgirl uniform. God he didn't see my cheerleader outfits too!

Francine
11-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I know my mom knew. She was the one that caught me wearing a dress when I was like 16 years old..that was over 30 years ago. And I know my dad knew too, because together, they wisked me off to what seemed like countless sessions with a clinical psychologist, who eventially "convinced me to live my life as a man", and "is a transvestite, but harmless for society".
Hmmmmmmmm...
Little did he know.
but now that mom and dad are gone, I know my wife knows, my sisters know, 2 of my daughters know, and oh yeah.. my mother-in-law knew too. (She probably saved my marriage when my wife found out!)

Now-a-days, I think even some of my co-workers are starting to wonder.

jo_ann
11-17-2005, 11:36 PM
i think that was a genius cover.. I've had my item shipped to the wrong address on a couple times, so it's completely believable... so long as they don't know your ebay ID and check what you've bought in the last 3-4 months.

shea
11-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Robert, or you could have say to your mother this way that this stuff is for you, the names which when I place order from ebay, I login as my account so shipper saw my name with shipping address and she prints out that info in the box, which makes perfect excuse I think :thumbsup:

JulieNY
11-18-2005, 11:31 AM
I cringed when I heard this story. Reminds me of something sorta similar ;).

My mum said something strange though later about it..

"Sorry if i embarresed you today. I was just supprised, thought they were a free sample or something till i saw your name on them. I didnt know if i should have put them in your room or not..."

Your mom sounds pretty cool. She may accepting, what do you think? I bet she has a good idea, and has for a bit. The small details that whisper "girl" add up over time, and moms have been around us long enough to do the arithmatic.

I had one incidence like this, and afterward received the same words you did. While they've never said so, my parents know. They're waiting for me to say so.

P.S. You'll never have to worry about your parents opening your mail again! Anything questionable now goes to your room...