PDA

View Full Version : Going to the clubs and bars dressed-Showing ID. Don't know what to do

Brittany CD
07-27-2012, 04:56 PM
I've always wanted to go to a bar or a club dressed up as Katie, but I'm in my early twenties and I have a youthful appearance as a male and as a girl. My main obstacle is getting ID'd at one of these places and so I don't know what to do. I guess if I can find a good place that doesn't check for ID at the door that would be great, but do any of you have some advice for this situation?

Marleena
07-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Katie at my age I don't have to worry about it in either mode.:D

I think your male ID will be just fine.:) Don't let that stop you from having fun!

Melissa Rose
07-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Before I got a new California ID, I showed my ID with a male picture numerous times without any problems. A have plenty of friends who show their ID with a male picture with the same results and this includes TSA at the airport and places other than clubs and bars. If there is any chance you look under 21, any place serving alcohol is going to ask for ID. Some places card everyone so there is no question whether they are following the law. So go and have fun, and you'll discover showing your ID is no big deal.

Brittany CD
07-27-2012, 05:13 PM
If there is any chance you look under 21, any place serving alcohol is going to ask for ID.
I live in Ontario, the drinking age is only 19 here. But I'm 21 right now

Lainie
07-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Katie, just go & have fun! I've been carded wearing a mustache and a dress, and the gatekeeper didn't bat an eye.

If you're planning to be a spy for the CIA, getting your cover blown could get you killed. If, on the other hand, you want to party & make friends, you are just who you are. Some of the people you meet will like you, some won't, & you'll make the same choices about them. What's the problem?

Patrice_CD
07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
If you act like it's no big deal then nothing will happen. If you prance around and get all nervous then the person checking your ID may get a bit suspicious and go over your ID just to make sure it isn't fake. Be yourself and be confident. Don't worry about showing your ID. Just have a very fun evening. I wish I were 21 and starting to go out again. I'd so of done things differently :)

Stephenie S
07-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh for goodness sakes, Katie. Just show them your ID. The bar doesn't give a rat's patootie what you wear. Nor what gender you are. You know this already. Bars serve customers. Honestly now, they just want to sell you booze and for you to have a good time and come back to do it again.

Read Lainie's post again:

Katie, just go & have fun! I've been carded wearing a mustache and a dress, and the gatekeeper didn't bat an eye.

Honestly dear. They don't give a tinker's dam.

Stephie

[/B]

Kate T
07-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I agree with everyone elses sentiments here but I would also add a word of caution.

DONT GO TO A BAR ALONE AS A FEMALE. I'm sorry, but GG's don't go to bars or clubs alone. They go with friends. For SAFETY. Along similar lines if you are worried initially maybe go to a GLBT friendly bar first and build up your confidence.

BLUE ORCHID
07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
H Katie, Oh to be young enough to have a problem like that.

Brittany CD
07-27-2012, 11:16 PM
DONT GO TO A BAR ALONE AS A FEMALE.
Don't worry, I don't even go alone when I'm a guy

Barbara Ella
07-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Katie, this is such a wonderful worry to have. I know it seems like such a big one, but think of what a happy experience it really is. You get to go to a club, and come out to someone. The ID checker , if alert (big assumption sometimes) will know you are a dude wearing a dress. He will know you are a crossdresser. How many times do we read about one of us girls worrying about someone finding out. This is the chance of your lifetime. Coming out with no recriminations, cause he is not gonna remember you when you go out, you will be just another pretty girl leaving at closing time with friends.

Seriously, nothing will happen, and you will have fun with your friends. Just be normal and happy and enjoy your femininity.

Barbara

PS. I cannot even begin to tell you all the body parts I would willingly give up to be 21 again, and be faced with card check while dressed.

PSS. Hell, I would give them up right now........lol

divamissz
07-27-2012, 11:34 PM
I just show them my ID, male photo and name and all. They just want to know that you have one, to cover themselves.

Leslie Langford
07-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Katie,

Try getting your feet wet by going to the El Convento Rico night club on College Street in Toronto. It typically boasts a very mixed crowd, and openly caters to all sexes and genders. You will feel very comfortable and accepted there...

http://www.elconventorico.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=53

ReineD
07-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Katie, I agree that normally it makes no difference to the doormen what the patrons are wearing. But, because of your age, plus you say that you look young for your age, their biggest concern would be to NOT let someone in who is under age (they really don't care about your clothes). So, if as Katie you don't look anything like the pic on your ID, and they peg you as someone who might be younger than 19, might they think you are just a random kid trying to get into a nightclub with someone else's ID?

If you were say in your 30s, this would not be an issue.

It's something to consider. You might need to find a way to convince them that you are really the same person as the ID, if with the makeup you look considerably different.

sterling12
07-27-2012, 11:54 PM
To protect their butts, the only concern I have seen from The Guy on Security checking I.D., is that you have one that says you are older than The Established Legal Drinking Age in your state. If he happened to notice that you looked "too young," he'd probably check to see if you could spit out your D.O.B. with no hesitation, while making proper eye contact. But, if he decides to Ban you, and you are "legit," then just watch The Lawsuits fly!

Legally, they have done their job, and are probably protected if you commit Fraud. They checked, and you gave them Proof of a Valid I.D.. If your paperwork was phony, Y-O-U has just committed A Felony, while they have shown "Normal/Acceptable" diligence. You-all can explain it to The Police, but don't expect to use The Excuse: "It's their fault, they took my Fake I.D.!" They aren't expected to be experts in Forged Documents.

Peace and Love, Joanie

dragdoll
07-28-2012, 12:10 AM
To protect their butts, the only concern I have seen from The Guy on Security checking I.D., is that you have one that says you are older than The Established Legal Drinking Age in your state. If he happened to notice that you looked "too young," he'd probably check to see if you could spit out your D.O.B. with no hesitation, while making proper eye contact. But, if he decides to Ban you, and you are "legit," then just watch The Lawsuits fly!

Legally, they have done their job, and are probably protected if you commit Fraud. They checked, and you gave them Proof of a Valid I.D.. If your paperwork was phony, Y-O-U has just committed A Felony, while they have shown "Normal/Acceptable" diligence. You-all can explain it to The Police, but don't expect to use The Excuse: "It's their fault, they took my Fake I.D.!" They aren't expected to be experts in Forged Documents.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Florida is such a horrible place to live nowadays.

Brittany CD
07-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Katie, I agree that normally it makes no difference to the doormen what the patrons are wearing. But, because of your age, plus you say that you look young for your age, their biggest concern would be to NOT let someone in who is under age (they really don't care about your clothes). So, if as Katie you don't look anything like the pic on your ID, and they peg you as someone who might be younger than 19, might they think you are just a random kid trying to get into a nightclub with someone else's ID?

If you were say in your 30s, this would not be an issue.

It's something to consider. You might need to find a way to convince them that you are really the same person as the ID, if with the makeup you look considerably different.

Actually, this is precisely what I was thinking when I made this thread.

Saffron
07-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Use your man voice, that should convince him :D

smellymelly
07-28-2012, 12:31 AM
heck they barely stare at the picture anyway! i go with a group of gg's. all of us under 25. all the gg's are bombshells! they pretty much just look for a piece of plastic in your hand. it could be your mens wearhouse tux fitting card and they wouldn't notice!

ReineD
07-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Actually, this is precisely what I was thinking when I made this thread.

Still, you have nothing to lose by trying. Some clubs, as Sterling mentioned don't care as long as there is an ID, while others try to make sure the ID belongs to the right person. The worse that can happen is that you are refused admittance.

sometimes_miss
07-28-2012, 02:47 AM
Use your man voice, that should convince him :D

^this. All they want to know is that you're legal. And then they want you to buy as much booze for you and your friends as you want.

Noel Chimes
07-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Katie, it's very simple what you need to do; get dressed, grab some friends, and go have some fun. If carded, show them your I.D. and keep it moving. However, if they want to scan your I.D. Decline. There is no reason for them to scan your I.D. Other than that be safe have fun and designate a driver.

Cheryl T
07-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Just show them your I.D. smile and have a great time.

Last time I was asked for ID I was traveling and went to buy some smokes at the Interstate rest area. Now I was about 55 at the time and the young girl asked me for ID.
I thanked her for thinking I was under 18 jokingly....and was ready to kiss her....lol....

Annie D
07-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Several of us have had the opportunity to get what is called in Texas, a state id. Generally it is used by teenagers who have not turned 16 and get summer employment and need two pieces of identification for their I-9. I went to my local driver's license bureau dressed as Annie and got the picture made. It has the same information as my driver's license; legal name, address, and birthdate. I keep it in my purse for those times when an id is needed when using a credit card for a purchase. Unfortunately, when I go out clubbing there is no doubt that I am over 21 and most of the clubs have a sign posted: "We card everyone under 100"....LOL!

What I did before that time was simply show my male id and just say that it was a terrible picture, I wish the driver's license bureau would take a picture that looked somewhat accurate! Enjoy your time out and don't worry about it.

Jackiefl
07-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Katie i would just show them my male id you can dress how you wish your not breaking the law. At my age the only card they ask for is my AARP lol.

Sarah Doepner
07-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I'll join the parade here Katie. I went to a place in Las Vegas last spring where they were just trying to get their license and they decided to "hard card" everyone who came in. It wasn't to find out who we were, but to make sure they didn't lose the investment if someone underage were found in the bar by a liquor enforcement officer. I showed my card and had to help the gatekeeper figure count all those years between 'barely legal' and 'really old'. No problem.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that no matter how much makeup you wear or how naturally feminine you may appear with the youthful looks, you're very likely not so incredibly passable that someone scrutinizing your ID would think you were someone else. Most likely, yes, they will stop for a moment or so to compare the male look in the picture with your femme self in front of them, but let's put it this way, if it is a bar that you think you will be comfortable in as a femme-dressed male, it is likely a bar where the person checking IDs will just move on once they've verified it is you.