PDA

View Full Version : So I told her...

UNDERDRESSER
07-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Finally, had a nice evening with potential SO, at a point when the conversation turned to a suitable subject, ( don't ask me what, i don't remeber ) I sarted talking about how i though honesty was important, and finally just blurted out "I'm a crossdresser "

The Response?

"Oh, Cool!"

<blink>

Total. Non. Event.

I think this may set a record for acceptance. The phrase that was used later in the conversation was " Normal is just what you get when you average out everybody's weirdness."

I don't think this has spoiled my chances with her, may even have been positive because of the honesty and trust factor. As far as I'm concerned, this just highlights why this woman is so special to me.

RADER
07-28-2012, 08:23 PM
You have a special girl there, do not let her get away.
My now wife of 18+ years, and I where just started to date when I said that a dress
I saw on a TV show was very nice, and I wish I could get one.
A week later, at a BBQ at my house, we where chased inside due to a rain storm.
She then asked me if I had any dresses, No, just skirts and tops.
Well go and put one on, I want to see you; Well I did, and we where married about 8 months
later.
Hope the best to you.
Rader

Jenniferathome
07-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Well done. A very hard thing to do. Contine the conversation and allow her to understand as much as it can be.

UNDERDRESSER
07-28-2012, 08:28 PM
You have a special girl there, do not let her get away.
My now wife of 18+ years, and I where just started to date when I said that a dress
I saw on a TV show was very nice, and I wish I could get one.
A week later, at a BBQ at my house, we where chased inside due to a rain storm.
She then asked me if I had any dresses, No, just skirts and tops.
Well go and put one on, I want to see you; Well I did, and we where married about 8 months
later.
Hope the best to you.
RaderThanks Rader, trust me, If i manage to catch this one, i'm going to do everything in my power to make her want to stay! At one point, I talked about wanting to wear a skirt to work, not so much for CDing, but just for the comfort and cool factor, and she was saying i should get a utilikilt!

Barbara Ella
07-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Under D you appear to have the real deal there. don't do anything to scare her away. It has not spoiled your chances, just make sure that she understands that you like to wear them, and not just have them in your closet.

Barbara

TeriAnn
07-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I am glad everything went well for you. I told my wife 6 yrs into our marriage and got a like response. Alas we are in the early stages of divorce. Nothing to do with my crossdressing. She has many mental problems with which she needs much help. Please pray for her if you pray.

UNDERDRESSER
07-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Well done. A very hard thing to do. Contine the conversation and allow her to understand as much as it can be.Oh I did, and will continue to do so, but as I say, it was a total non-event. The conversation continued about that, and a whole bunch of other stuff, it just became another thread in the convesation....it led onto other things, like her taste in underwear.....
Under D you appear to have the real deal there. don't do anything to scare her away. It has not spoiled your chances, just make sure that she understands that you like to wear them, and not just have them in your closet.

BarbaraBarbara, you have no idea...... I've known she was special right from the start!

Yes, she understands that i wear them, I talked abou how no-one appears to have noticed in the locker room, I went to her place on the bike, so i pointed out that the bike shorts I was wearing were womens, response was to look at them... "So?"

I am very fortunate to have her as friend, if I can win her heart, I'll feel like I've found heaven on earth.

UNDERDRESSER
07-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I am glad everything went well for you. I told my wife 6 yrs into our marriage and got a like response. Alas we are in the early stages of divorce. Nothing to do with my crossdressing. She has many mental problems with which she needs much help. Please pray for her if you pray.
I don't usually, but I did for her, can't hurt right? I'm sorry to hear of her problems, I hope she can find her way to stability again.

Cynthia Anne
07-28-2012, 09:17 PM
That it cool! You got the hard part out of the way! Now be carful and don't spoil it by moving to fast! Hopeing the best for you!

UNDERDRESSER
07-28-2012, 10:25 PM
That it cool! You got the hard part out of the way! Now be carful and don't spoil it by moving to fast! Hopeing the best for you!Thanks Cynthia, no danger of that, i'm not really planning anything. On the other hand, we were discussing an upcoming trip on FB just now, and she joked about how I was going to be the only guy on the trip, and maybe I should try to "blend in" :)

Beverley Sims
07-28-2012, 11:42 PM
we were discussing an upcoming trip on FB just now, and she joked about how I was going to be the only guy on the trip, and maybe I should try to "blend in" :)

When I was 20 I tried a blend in exercise.
It worked well as there was acceptance by the group of girls.
Ask questions about the girls and reply to their questions.
Join in the conversations and avoid talking about yourself unless asked.They soon forget you are a guy in a dress and accept you as a person.
Then you just go with the flow.
If they say you are a guy in a dress just say I am trying hard not to be.:)

BLUE ORCHID
07-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi UD. , The thing about telling her early on is you will be lucky
wheather it works out or not.

Stacey Renee
07-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Finally, had a nice evening with potential SO, at a point when the conversation turned to a suitable subject, ( don't ask me what, i don't remeber ) I sarted talking about how i though honesty was important, and finally just blurted out "I'm a crossdresser "

The Response?

"Oh, Cool!"

<blink>

Total. Non. Event.

I think this may set a record for acceptance. The phrase that was used later in the conversation was " Normal is just what you get when you average out everybody's weirdness."

I don't think this has spoiled my chances with her, may even have been positive because of the honesty and trust factor. As far as I'm concerned, this just highlights why this woman is so special to me.
Good to hear... Mine was relatively painless also... she did have questions and tears the first couple of days but has been 100% supportive since...

Tabitha Storm
07-30-2012, 07:00 PM
That is great! That is a scary time and I am glad it turned into a non event.

cdkrista420
08-18-2012, 02:10 PM
That's awesome! I'm thinking about telling a girl I'm dating. Her dad is gay and she loves going to bars with him, so I think she may be cool.