PDA

View Full Version : A complement or not?

Phoebe
07-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Was going out tonight, all made up 'pretty'. Had on a full one piece dress, sandals with two inch heels. Walking out to my car a lady from the building I live had just gotten out of her car and seen me. She knows I dress, has never made negative comments. She said to me as we got close, "you look better than I do and it pi**es me off"! She always wears black top and black pants or dark colored tops and pants. I said to her, I try to look presentable. Then she said, "well have a great time tonight".

Kelli Ca
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Take it as a compliment have some fun and tell her what she's doin wrong. Lol

Beverley Sims
07-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Giving a GG advice on dressing presentably especially in the company of others can be a lot of fun.

outhiking
07-28-2012, 11:18 PM
A compliment's a compliment...run with it.

Cynthia Anne
07-29-2012, 12:29 AM
A great compliment indeed! It's fun to try to look your best when going out!

Talldrinkofwater
07-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Sounds like a compliment to me. Maybe suggest she add some fun seasonal colors to her wardrobe.

Lorileah
07-29-2012, 12:43 AM
it was a compliment, take it and enjoy it and keep your mouth shut about her appearance. It ain't none ya bidness...get it?

DanaR
07-29-2012, 12:50 AM
it was a compliment, take it and enjoy it and keep your mouth shut about her appearance. It ain't none ya bidness...get it?
I agree. The only thing that I might say to her would be, to tell her how good it made you feel when she gave you the compliment. That was nice of her.

Stephanie47
07-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Definitely a compliment. It also has an air of criticism of herself.

Lynn Marie
07-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Take it as a compliment have some fun and don't tell her what she's doing wrong. If she really wants to know, she'll ask. Most folks really don't want to know the truth. They already know and choose to ignore it for their own reasons.

Jolene Robertson
07-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Janet, I definitely would take it as a complement any time a lady says something like that. You know (just thinking) maybe you could invite her to go with you sometime, I don't know how well you know her but she might be lonely and enjoy someone to converse with. Could be fun for both of you plus it's always better to be with someone than being alone.

Hugs
Jolene

BLUE ORCHID
07-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Hi Janet, A compliment is a compliment no matter how you get one.

Tina B.
07-29-2012, 11:07 AM
When a women tells a man in a dress, he looks better than her, you better take it as a complement, because you wont hear one admit to that very often. She might say you look pretty, or nice, but it's seldom she'll say you look better than her.
She wears dark colors, some people just don't like color, her call. I agree, never give a women advice on improving her appearance, unless she ask. Most of them don't want to admit some Johnny come lately guy in a dress, might know more about fashion, than a women thats been doing it all her life. Unless you find one that tells you she just doesn't care about that stuff, then you might be able to offer advice.
Tina B

No offenses to the lady's here we all love, I wouldn't be found taking advice from many women, on how to me a man!

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-29-2012, 11:29 AM
When a women tells a man in a dress, he looks better than her, you better take it as a complement, because you wont hear one admit to that very often. She might say you look pretty, or nice, but it's seldom she'll say you look better than her.

I disagree, I hear it quite often. It's not always anything other than cheeky fun, but I get it all the time. I've had it in responses to my OkCupid profile, from girls I've dated, from female comics that I've been on shows with, from salesgirls, from female friends at parties or bars when we're out. It's one of the most frequent compliments I get from women, actually. Usually it's either that or my legs.

TxCassie
07-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I see no offense in her remarks. It's a compliment. If you're friendly with her, invite her to go shopping, do a makeover with her.

Tracii G
07-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a compliment to me tell her thank you.
If she ever asks for an opinion give her one.

Phoebe
07-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Janet, I definitely would take it as a complement any time a lady says something like that. You know (just thinking) maybe you could invite her to go with you sometime, I don't know how well you know her but she might be lonely and enjoy someone to converse with. Could be fun for both of you plus it's always better to be with someone than being alone.

Hugs
Jolene
I don't know the woman that well. I was going out to a support group meeting, don't think she would enjoy being with transgendered persons.

Phoebe
07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I see no offense in her remarks. It's a compliment. If you're friendly with her, invite her to go shopping, do a makeover with her.
Jolene Robertson posted almost the same remark. I only see the woman every once and a while in the building I live. Not that friendly with her that I would ask her to go out. Also not ready to go out with females any more. Have had to many heart breaks in the past with women. Last time I broke up with a woman I got very drunk, don't remember driving home from the bar, no dents in the vehicle or being arrested by police.

Eryn
07-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Take the compliment for what it was worth. If you bump into each other frequently she might be offering the toe in the door for a friendship. You're already sharing a couple of little secrets so you might invite her for coffee and a chat!