PDA

View Full Version : A happy thing

Stephanie-L
07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
I know stories like this have been posted many times in this forum, but I had to tell you, it is a little thing but it makes so much difference.
The other day I was at my laser techs, getting my chest and back done. My laser tech has become a friend and we chat during my sessions, much I am sure as any woman does with a friend who is a hairdresser, etc. During the session, the waxing tech came in, specifically to talk with both of us, she is also a friend. Anyway, we had a nice time, talking girl stuff, boyfriends, work, etc. When she got up to leave, the waxing tech, Amanda, said, "Bye ladies". I was not nor have I ever presented en femme to either of them, but they do know I am transitioning. I have not requested them to refer to me in the feminine, and they use my male name. So, it seems this was spontaneous. This is such a boost to my self esteem. I do not "pass" but it is really nice to be treated like one of the girls, at last.........Stephanie

stacycoral
07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes, i bet you were happy, it nice to be called miss, or girls, i friend who is the night manager at the motel as called me Stacy a couple of times it sounds nice to be call by my girl name, congrats, hugs.

Traci Elizabeth
07-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Let me play Devil's Advocate. I will call you what ever you want if you are paying for my expensive services. Just saying! :heehee:

Stephanie-L
07-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Let me play Devil's Advocate. I will call you what ever you want if you are paying for my expensive services. Just saying! :heehee:

Point taken, but as I said, I never asked or even mentioned it. And the timing seems too spontaneous to me. I am just going to enjoy the experience...........Stephanie

Jorja
07-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Some people just know what they are talking about! I love a good professional. :)

Raquel June
07-30-2012, 11:36 PM
When we transition we have to tell people what to call us. This can come off as kinda aggressive to other people. Like, think of an adult non-trans woman who randomly tells everybody, "I know you've called me Julie for my whole life, but I want you to start calling me Gwyneth." It seems nutty, and it kinda pisses a lot of people off. For as simple as a name change is, it can be delicate.

But when you haven't told anybody what to call you and they spontaneously call you "her," that's awesome. Especially when it's from kids or from someone you haven't made it clear to that you're transitioning.

Unless someone is obviously being sarcastic, I don't think people really do that to pander to you. Because I don't think they really appreciate how good it feels. It's mostly an honest sign of acceptance. I guess that's why people who don't accept you can have such a hard time with it.

Badtranny
07-31-2012, 12:04 AM
That is fun, and you'll find that passing is only secondary when you're dealing with women that have experience with feminine gay men. Long before I gave in to my trans tendencies, I had come out as gay and though I was never queenie or flaming, I was still feminine enough that many women referred to me as 'her' and 'she' when I was clearly a dude. It's fairly common in the gay community to use feminine pronouns with feminine gay men. The butch guys will let you know immediately that they won't tolerate it but the more fem guys don't care and some even prefer it.

I believe the reference was genuine. Physically passing is no longer an issue once people get to know you. If you are truly trans they will eventually respond correctly in spite of themselves. What tortures us, is moving across the stage without lines.