PDA

View Full Version : Is my wife serious?

Michelle Crossfire
07-30-2012, 01:46 AM
All week me and my wife have been kidding around about us going out together as girlfriends. She is not terribly open to the idea unless we go far away. I can understand her position and apprehension. She said when i learn how to walk, talk and act like a b***h, then she will consider it. She wanted a purse at Kohl's, so i offered to buy it for her in exchange for her teaching me. she has not taken the bait too much yet. Anyway, while she goes shopping for me and buys me things for my alter-ego (if you will), she just does not want to go out in public with me yet. So, to my surprise today, she said, why don't you go down to Warren to GNO at the club i read about. Is she serious or just playing with me. It is about a 90 minute drive for me, she does not want to come with me (not yet). I have never been out amongst other people en femme, so the possibilities are amazing. So are the questions. Do i go en femme, or en drab. What to expect, and of course, what to wear. What do you all think?

Karen_Ski
07-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Obviously only you can know if she is serious abou it, however it sounds like she is trying to meet you halfway. Don't push the issue of her going out with you, just take what she has offered and let things sort themselves out. As what to wear I would think you would want to go en femme, wouldn't you?

Beverley Sims
07-30-2012, 02:17 AM
Just let her keep buying things for you and be grateful for that.
Go to the club en femme by yourself and test the waters.
When she gets used to you going out by yourself she will probably want to accompany you on an outing.
After going out let her ask questions about it and don't be too forthcoming with information as to what you did, without the questions.
She may not want to know the details of your outing so let her ask the questions.
Above all be honest and do not embellish the situation too much.

Amanda_P
07-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I believe if you go out you will just be asking for trouble. She will always question what you did even tho you tell her everthing she will still wonder if there was more. As for buying you things and accepting it at home I would wait until she is ready and just go with that. If it is around halloween then the chances are alot better for her to go out with you dressed. There are alot of us that use this day to just put our finest or ****iest or even something casual. I know because thats the only day I have to be out and about.

WifeofWrenchette
07-30-2012, 03:23 AM
She may be testing you or she may be serious. The only way for you to find out is to communicate with her. Ask her point blank.

Amanda the Halloween idea is good. That is when my husband is at his finest. We don't get hassled at all when we are out that day.

Nichola
07-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Hey guys, forgive my naivety but what does 'GNO' stand for? I've seen it in a couple of threads but don't know that one.:o

& Crossfire sounds like you have a fun partner, make the most of it:)

debbeelee1
07-30-2012, 03:53 AM
My SO and I have been going to the monthly Girls Night Out (GNO) at the Funky Skunk in Warren for quite some time. We've always had a great time there. It's safe, friendly and a great place to meet other CD'ers! It's always on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

There is a CD friendly hotel a block away that's runs about $90 per night. Why don't you take your wife and make a weekend out of it. Maybe go to the GNO en drab with your wife for the first time just to "interact" with other CD'ers. You could even bring your fem clothes to change into later. Just a thought!

Beverley Sims
07-30-2012, 07:05 AM
I believe if you go out you will just be asking for trouble. She will always question what you did even tho you tell her everthing she will still wonder if there was more. As for buying you things and accepting it at home I would wait until she is ready and just go with that.

When I say go out by yourself I am assuming your wife is ok with that otherwise it brings more mistrust onto the scene.

Cynthia Anne
07-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Ask her if she is serious! And IF you go, go in feme! Perhaps she can help you in what to wear!

BRANDYJ
07-30-2012, 08:01 AM
I like DebbeeLee's suggestion.To go one better, maybe PM DebbeeLee and ask if her and her wife would go with you and kind of make you feel more at ease. Maybe, just maybe your wife will go if she knows she is going there with another GG to interact with and get to know.
I don't think your wife is kidding or testing you. I think she wants a report about the place you. Like are there other GG's there, are they friendly and do you feel it's safe and will I be comfortable there? I get don't get it why someone said not to be forthcoming on what you did there. That is unless you do something you know is wrong, like cheating. I'd tell my SO everything since I would not have anything to hide.
So if you can afford the time and money to go by yourself, I'd go. If you can spend the night, then you don't have to risk a 90 mile drive dressed, if your concern is a breakdown or being pulled over by law enforcement for a blown tail light or something. But if you spend the night, by all means, I'd ask my wife to go, even if she did not want to go into the club this first time and is waiting for your report about what it's like. I also suggest to never push your wife to do anything she is afraid of, uncomfortable with, or otherwise just does not want to be seen in public with a CD. Respect her limits at all times. Let us know how it goes if you go. Good luck.

Cheryl T
07-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Talk to her openly and ask if she is serious or just testing you.

As for going out together...the best idea is to go somewhere at least 40-50 miles from your home where you will have a much decreased chance of meeting anyone you know. Both of you will feel more comfortable this way and can enjoy the experience together.

Michelle Crossfire
07-30-2012, 02:51 PM
GNO is girls night out. there is a local establishment in warren, ohio that has this at least once a month and i am thinking of checking it out.

Hey guys, forgive my naivety but what does 'GNO' stand for? I've seen it in a couple of threads but don't know that one.:o

& Crossfire sounds like you have a fun partner, make the most of it:)

Tracii G
07-30-2012, 03:10 PM
My SO and I have been going to the monthly Girls Night Out (GNO) at the Funky Skunk in Warren for quite some time. We've always had a great time there. It's safe, friendly and a great place to meet other CD'ers! It's always on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

There is a CD friendly hotel a block away that's runs about $90 per night. Why don't you take your wife and make a weekend out of it. Maybe go to the GNO en drab with your wife for the first time just to "interact" with other CD'ers. You could even bring your fem clothes to change into later. Just a thought!

This is a great idea you should do it on a Fri night and then go back Sat with her.Make a weekend of it and do some other things too.

JeanneF
07-30-2012, 03:18 PM
GNO is Warren is a great time, and I can't think of a better or safer place to go for your first time. It's been years since the last time I attended one (it's about a five hour drive from Cincy), but every one I went to was a blast. Marsha throws a great event.

In my opinion, it would be a good thing to go without the wife for the first time. You're going to be less guarded and more likely to be outgoing and meet some of the other girls. I personally hate attending TG events with the wife...I'm always a little nervous that she'll see or hear something that exceeds the limit of what aspect of the TG lifestyle she's willing/able to accept. Not that at GNO is some crazy night, but I will say that I've had a few times back at the hotel afterwards that my wife would find a bit objectionable (before you judge, any experiences were before we were even dating...I've been a good girl for nearly five years now).

Lorileah
07-30-2012, 03:19 PM
She said when i learn how to walk, talk and act like a b***h, then she will consider it. Really? :eek: she said that. When you act like B***h. Really, I would say that she isn't serious at all then because acting like a B is easy. Acting like a human is a lot harder. There is an old saying, when someone in the relationship suggests you go out on your own...it is because they already are. B***h...really? :sad:

linda allen
07-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I think a married person going out to clubs without their partner, dressed or not is wierd and a sign of a failing relationship.

I say take your wife or don't go. Find a place or event far enough from home that neither of you will be recognized.. Of course, the halloween suggestion is a good one but it's a shame halloween only comes once a year.

linda allen
07-30-2012, 03:31 PM
............ I personally hate attending TG events with the wife...I'm always a little nervous that she'll see or hear something that exceeds the limit of what aspect of the TG lifestyle she's willing/able to accept. .

That's a good point and much of the reason I haven't shown my wife this forum. I don't want her assuming things that aren't going to happen.

JeanneF
07-30-2012, 03:42 PM
That's a good point and much of the reason I haven't shown my wife this forum. I don't want her assuming things that aren't going to happen.

One of the issues that I've run into with the whole "acceptance" thing is that my wife still occasionally gets concerned that I'm not really happy in my life and what I really want to be is an East Village Drag Queen or something.

During my 20s I definitely spent my share of time living a bi-TG bordering on TS lifestyle...clubbing in Chicago or New York almost every weekend, spending days on end as a girl, etc. She knows about that, but she doesn't realize to what extent I lived that life. That part of me may be a little hard to accept for her, so I don't want to run the risk of exposing her to it now. It's in my past and it's staying there, just like any club girl who grows up, gets married and settles down. :)

I think a married person going out to clubs without their partner, dressed or not is wierd and a sign of a failing relationship.

I do think that's true, to a point. I've gone to a few GNOs with the local TG support group without the wife, but I definitely wouldn't go clubbing (as a boy or as a girl) without her. I don't think that the Warren GNO qualifies as clubbing. It's a more of a support group that happens to meet at a bar.

rhonda
07-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I was just wondering why not try to get her to wear mens clothes then you would be equals

Stacey Renee
07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
My wife is the same way, she is wants to go out as girlfriends, but I do not want to do it around here (know to many people), so we are planning a "girlfriend" weekend in Vegas in October...

Eryn
07-30-2012, 05:14 PM
...So, to my surprise today, she said, why don't you go down to Warren to GNO at the club i read about. Is she serious or just playing with me

My take on it is that she has found a safe place for you to make your first outing but isn't quite ready to go with you. She is, however, encouraging you to take that first step.

Since it seems that you are likely to have some forum friends to meet at GNO I'd say that it seems like a very good thing to try. When you come back with stories and pictures of the great time you had perhaps she might want to accompany you the next time.

She also might be gauging your resolve to go out. If you have the confidence to do so then she might develop more confidence in going out with you.

I think that it's a good opportunity. My first dressed outing was also over an hour from home and I did go solo as my wife was abroad at the time. It was definitely nervous time, but I did it and had a great time. You will too!

Michelle Crossfire
07-31-2012, 11:08 AM
I can confidently say that my SO is not going out on her own. she is at home with me every night and when i am not home, she is calling me from home. We really don't go out much, which is why i am thinking about checking out the GNO. Her saying acting like a b***h was just an expression.

Really? :eek: she said that. When you act like B***h. Really, I would say that she isn't serious at all then because acting like a B is easy. Acting like a human is a lot harder. There is an old saying, when someone in the relationship suggests you go out on your own...it is because they already are. B***h...really? :sad:

she does not have any and my size is too big for her.

I was just wondering why not try to get her to wear mens clothes then you would be equals

my wife is not yet interested in going out as girlfriends. She says i don't look like a woman due to my frame (6' 250) although she likes the shopping aspect of it when i go with her, en drab, of course, but i still say this gives her a shopping friend.

My wife is the same way, she is wants to go out as girlfriends, but I do not want to do it around here (know to many people), so we are planning a "girlfriend" weekend in Vegas in October...

Stephanie47
07-31-2012, 11:36 AM
If your wife is willing to buy you feminine items, I'd say she is not non accepting. I would say she is not comfortable being seen with you en femme. Maybe, she has the same fears many of us endure. The club sounds very tame. If she is unsure of the trust issue (What happens in Warren stays in Warren!), maybe she would go along, but, not go to the club. She could enjoy the stay at the hotel and enjoy shopping or a good book. Decades ago my wife told me to attend a support group, if I wanted to. I never took her up on the OK because my cross dressing is a very private affair.

Michelle Crossfire
07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
I have a talk with my wife yesterday, and she is echoing some of what everyone here is saying. She was somewhat serious, thinking that it might "cure the itch" to go out en femme, but also mentioned that it might backfire and i might want to do it more after trying it this first time. She does buy me feminine things and lets me dress up around the house, because it is a stress relief and makes me happy. She does this without complaint. She is great in this way as well as many other ways. She says this is a give and take and we talked about that as well. I won't go into detail on that part. While she acknowledges the "hobby", and participates & supports to a point, she wants to take it at her own pace, which is perfectly fine. She stated she does not have a trust issue. We have been together thru alot and are still together. Our relationship is strong. We are each other's best friend, which is fantastic. So we shall see.

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi CF. < I think that I would put going out by yourself on hold for a while.

Jessica86
08-01-2012, 12:56 AM
I'd go! I was told the same thing. Then when the time came for me to leave, my wife HAD to go with me. She said she wanted to see Jessica in her entirety. Walking, talking, everything. You have the clearance to take off. Kick the tires and light the fires!!!

Ineta
08-01-2012, 02:01 PM
are you your wife's partner or her little child?

BRANDYJ
08-01-2012, 02:15 PM
If it were me, and I had a wife that is fine with the crossdressing around the house in private, I think I'd back off on all talk about going out dressed until, as she says, goes at her pace. She may change her mind and want to go to some safe place with you, or she may never want to go with you and will really not want to let you go alone. You have a great wife that is more then accepting. I would not risk her doing a 180 if you push or persist on what now is going faster then her pace wants to go. You can read many stories of accepting wives doing that 180 when pushed beyond their comfort level. I'm sure you will do the right thing and all will be fine.

Voulez-Vous
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM
She said when i learn how to walk, talk and act like a b***h, then she will consider it.

Hmmm, that's an interesting comment. Be careful, she may decide she'd like you to do something else like a b***h, and you may not be prepared to go that far.

Michelle Crossfire
08-03-2012, 02:18 AM
that is precisely what this is. this place is about an hour drive away, 62 miles

Talk to her openly and ask if she is serious or just testing you.

As for going out together...the best idea is to go somewhere at least 40-50 miles from your home where you will have a much decreased chance of meeting anyone you know. Both of you will feel more comfortable this way and can enjoy the experience together.

i honestly don't think that need be a concern at this time, assuming i understand you correctly.

Hmmm, that's an interesting comment. Be careful, she may decide she'd like you to do something else like a b***h, and you may not be prepared to go that far.

I don't think i understand your response/question

are you your wife's partner or her little child?

interesting idea. will give that some thought and maybe bring it up to her at some point.

This is a great idea you should do it on a Fri night and then go back Sat with her.Make a weekend of it and do some other things too.

Thera Home
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Hello Linda and all my friends

You know, these women creatures are smarter than you think, she may already be a member and keeping an eye on your every move. My suggestion.......Watch them closely..............LOL :heehee:

Thera

linda allen
08-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Hello Linda and all my friends

You know, these women creatures are smarter than you think, she may already be a member and keeping an eye on your every move. My suggestion.......Watch them closely..............LOL :heehee:

Thera
I know my wife better than that. It's been only in the last several months that she has learned to use the computer for more than just playing games. Yes, she may have searched on "crossdresser" and I would be just fine with that. I really don't think she would find and read this forum. And she would't know I was a member or what posts were mine.

Thera Home
08-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I know my wife better than that. It's been only in the last several months that she has learned to use the computer for more than just playing games.

I really don't think she would find and read this forum. And she would't know I was a member or what posts were mine.

-Thats what she wants you to think....LOL

- I rest my case...................:heehee:

Thera

linda allen
08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
-Thats what she wants you to think....LOL

- I rest my case...................:heehee:

Thera
I don't know what case you are resting, but I think I know my wife a lot better than you do.

Thera Home
08-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't know what case you are resting, but I think I know my wife a lot better than you do.

Yes Sir
I respect that,.................Good luck:heehee:

Thera

Chickhe
08-04-2012, 12:41 AM
All I would offer, is that you make it fun for her too. So, if she is going to be sitting at home alone when you are out having too much fun...it might not work so well. Make sure she is involved...if not with you, then share all the experiences with her and laugh about it together.

DebbieL
08-04-2012, 10:29 PM
By all means, take your wife's suggestion. This will help you gain confidence in being out in public, and will help you find some other people with similar interests, people who can help you learn to pass in public.

You should also ask your wife to give you coaching when you are both at home. She can teach you how to sit, stand, walk, and talk like a LADY (you do NOT want to look or act like a **** or a b***h). After that, try an outing at the grocery store, wearing a wig, make-up, women's slacks and women's flats, a bra, and breast forms.

You will need to learn to act like a woman as well. When you're in the store, you don't look people directly in the eye, you keep your face forward and glance to the side. If you can get through the grocery store without being noticed, then you can consider going shopping together, preferably at a strip mall or some place where you go from store to store, but don't stay inside a mall, that way if you do get made in one store, you can move on to another store without attracting attention and without being obviously followed.

In most stores clerks will be happy to help you even if they do read you, and if you wife has given you good coaching, she might even have to buy the clothes, because you might not be able to use your credit card without showing your driver's license so they know that you actually are male and the owner of the card.

After that, your wife will be happy to go anywhere with you. You might even be able to find a lesbian bar where you can go dancing together.