PDA

View Full Version : Am i Just very Fortunate?

felicityefeminata
07-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Over the years, I have always enjoyed crossdressing. Until recently, i was always closeted, kept everything hidden, etc from my wife. My marriage of 30+ years is excellent in all ways except sexually, which brings me to my point. My wife and I were never very sexually active. We enjoyed cuddling, etc., but sex was never a big part of our relationship. Since my wife went through menopause we have become almost "asexual". Its been a very long time since we've had sex, and neither of us miss it. What has happened is that I have become more and more comfortable dressing en femme at home, and she has been accepting of it. We've never discussed it, but I now wear only panties, women's jeans and at home i'm most often in capri pants and a flowy femme top. I think that as we have stopped our sexual relationship, we have reached a comfort zone where we have become "sisters"? . The thing that amazes me, is we have never discussed it. it just kind of happened. We love each other very much, and I always thought we could read each other's minds, but not to this point.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Paula_56
07-30-2012, 06:15 AM
This is starting to happen in my marriage almost exactly as you have described it

BLUE ORCHID
07-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi Felicity, It sounds like life is good for you.

daarleane
07-30-2012, 06:50 AM
This is also happening to us. She is comfortable with it, but my adult children have not been told and I don't dress around them or my grandchildren. I wish I could be open and completely honest about this with them, but I afraid of hurting them. I don't know that I would use the term "sisters" but then "man and wife" isn't completely true either.

Cynthia Anne
07-30-2012, 07:06 AM
I think it's wonderful you can dress with your ''best friend''! Sounds like the perfect marriage!

Cheryl T
07-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Still trying to find a balance between that and the relationship we have always had.

Tina B.
07-30-2012, 09:01 AM
We have been moving more and more in that direction in our home too. Age and health issues have pretty much left us with just cuddling and holding hands, but the love is as strong as ever. Since I've retired, I've found myself dressing more and more, and my wife has gotten where she sees coming home and finding me in a dress, or Capri's as very normal, We enjoy the same reality shows, such as Next top Model, and Project runway, and discuss things like that the same as girl friends would. in fact, she has found, have me being more into the feminine side of me, we have more in common than we have had in ages.
I've also found myself to be a pretty good caretaker, and general housewife, which has been a great benefit for the wife. Now all I have to do is find myself a cute nurses uniform, and I think I could almost go 24/7, well I said almost.
Tina B.

Beverley Sims
07-30-2012, 10:20 AM
As you get older you have to adapt your cross dressing to suit the new situation.
Another unfortunate fact of life.

Persephone
07-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Yes.

Rather than sisters we consider ourselves "sisters-in-law" since my spouse is still legally married to my "twin brother."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Joan_CD
07-30-2012, 01:08 PM
This is an interesting thread and quite a bit of commonality from posters. I also noticed as my wife went through menopause she desired the act itself less for reasons most women agree with (dryness, etc.). I began dressing more and she became very comfortable with it and now prefers me as a female in our lives. We talked about it and she said as a male she felt guilty that she didn't desire the act anymore and doesn't feel guilty with a woman in the house instead of the guy. She told me the guilt wasn't from me as I didn't pressure her, but rather from within. Maybe this is something others feel as well. Just my thoughts.